Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm amazed he's getting any real praise from that.  Thought he was mediocre going on awful.  Far too relaxed with the ball, often lead to losing it or panicked passes.

He's young and will hopefully develop but, man, midfield eh?

In an ideal world all 5 midfielders need replacing

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Attempted more passes than any other villa player and had 91% completion. 

Made the same amount of tackles and won as many aerial battles as Jedinak. 

Against stronger opposition than we have faced in awhile and he hasn't been playing regular. 

I think a big upgrade on what we've been seeing from the other options. 

He'd be starting in my team next game. 

Yeah, I'd start him too.  I'd potentially play the same team (maybe swap Agbonlahor for someone), but have them actually try and attack rather than do nothing.

For me he was good today, with a more experienced midfielder by his side who can also pass and move with the ball he will be even better.

Can't understand the criticism myself.

He's a step up on Westwood & Gardner everyday of the week!

• Like 3

I thought he looked poor. Looked quite cumbersome and had the turning circle of the QE2. 

I think some of the praise might purely be down to the fact that he isn't Gardner or Westwood. 

I can see bozbys point, i do think he needs to be more urgent on the ball, and be more positive when on the ball.But he does close down much better than other midfielders, and he has a presence.I think alongside a McCarthy kind of player he wiikl rapidly improve.

For me he is the future, and i think there is a good player in there.

• Like 4

Will admit that his workrate and pace leave a lot to be desired but his ability on the ball is much better than Westwood, Gardner and Jedinak. His use of it. Worth remembering he's played 19 championship games in total.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Will admit that his workrate and pace leave a lot to be desired but his ability on the ball is much better than Westwood, Gardner and Jedinak. His use of it. Worth remembering he's played 19 championship games in total.

I think that last part gets forgotten. 

Compare that to nearly 150 matches first team experience from westwood. 

I also think he was good today, but that's beside the point. Westwood and Gardner have been regular starters recently, and Tish is better than both of them, so he needs to be starting regularly over the next few weeks. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Attempted more passes than any other villa player and had 91% completion. 

Made the same amount of tackles and won as many aerial battles as Jedinak. 

Against stronger opposition than we have faced in awhile and he hasn't been playing regular. 

I think a big upgrade on what we've been seeing from the other options. 

He'd be starting in my team next game. 

I think he should have been starting games long before now. He is still young but very positive and with a lot of potential.

• Like 1

Â