Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

10 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

He may have lacked experience but he looked better than Westwood and Gardner.

Debatable , he put in half a decent performance against Newcastle and that was it. His performance against Wolves was one of the worst midfield performances I have ever seen. I think that was the last we saw of him in a Villa shirt. He was ambling about like he'd swallowed a box of tramadol. Poor first touch and a complete lack of awareness is compounded by the fact he puts in less effort than Joleon Lescott on a bad day most of the time. 

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

Debatable , he put in half a decent performance against Newcastle and that was it. His performance against Wolves was one of the worst midfield performances I have ever seen. I think that was the last we saw of him in a Villa shirt. He was ambling about like he'd swallowed a box of tramadol. Poor first touch and a complete lack of awareness is compounded by the fact he puts in less effort than Joleon Lescott on a bad day most of the time. 

Yep and that pretty much cost him his career under Bruce, but he also had some good performances at the start, including one where he ran the show and scored and most others he still looked decent, well compared to the rest.

What is your plan bin him off the first opportunity? You seem to spend an awful lot of time slagging off players on these threads recently, your entitled to your opinion and a lot of what you say is spot on, but there surely are more positives to look at.

He has better physical attributes and better potential than Gardner, and is younger. 

When he was here playing he wasn't our saviour, but never would have been. That made him look like a lost cause. But if he's a back up option for Lansbury, Hourihane, Jedinak and Bjarnason then he's got a much better chance of growing and showing his quality than he has playing alongside Westwood or Bacuna in horribly unbalanced formations. 

No need to give up on him yet and no reason to let him go in the summer. Give him another year as backup or out on loan and reassess. 

• Like 2

I'm not against giving him another year, but he shouldn't be first backup option for central midfield. 

I also suspect this whole discussion might be moot and that Bruce might have already made up his mind (in which case I'll go along with Bruce). 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not against giving him another year, but he shouldn't be first backup option for central midfield. 

I also suspect this whole discussion might be moot and that Bruce might have already made up his mind (in which case I'll go along with Bruce). 

It would be sad if that is the case, Reading seemed genuinely miffed to lose him and he was very highly rated, whether he really is that good the jury is out but we can't keep binning players after less than 20 matches. Sanchez, Gil, Veretout are all likely to leave, Westwood has gone. Gardener isn't great at all. Jed is great but he is getting on in years and one injury and we would be in trouble.

Same with McCormack who clearly is a egotistical prick, but the mark of a good manager is getting the best out of even the most twattish of players. MON and Lambert trashed millions of the club's money in gambles they never saw through.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

It would be sad if that is the case, Reading seemed genuinely miffed to lose him and he was very highly rated, whether he really is that good the jury is out but we can't keep binning players after less than 20 matches. Sanchez, Gil, Veretout are all likely to leave, Westwood has gone. Gardener isn't great at all. Jed is great but he is getting on in years and one injury and we would be in trouble.

Same with McCormack who clearly is a egotistical prick, but the mark of a good manager is getting the best out of even the most twattish of players. MON and Lambert trashed millions of the club's money in gambles they never saw through.

I would agree that if we do get rid of Tshibola, and especially if Gardner goes as well, we will need two CM's in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would agree that if we do get rid of Tshibola, and especially if Gardner goes as well, we will need two CM's in the summer. 

It would be good if Bruce got a look at Lyden before the seasons end too. 

He could be useful backup to Jedinak but has been unlucky with injuries. 

As for tshibola, he has the right attributes but still not convinced about his application. 

Only he can prove he's worthy of his chances here. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We need to be looking at players like Jonjo Shelvey and the level of consistency he gives for the whole game/the whole season.

These players that give the odd goal or the odd cameo performance despite their "on show" talent......won't get us promoted.

We need "men for all seasons".....who make effect week in week out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TRO said:

We need to be looking at players like Jonjo Shelvey and the level of consistency he gives for the whole game/the whole season.

These players that give the odd goal or the odd cameo performance despite their "on show" talent......won't get us promoted.

I would try get Tish to do the Jedinak role tbh. He has the size, power and abit more pace. I would get tish back and sell gardner 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I would take Shelvey the footballer without a doubt but not Shelvey the white supremacist

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I would try get Tish to do the Jedinak role tbh. He has the size, power and abit more pace. I would get tish back and sell gardner 

There's a player in tshibola. I've no doubt about it. He's actually much tidier on the ball than Jedinak but yes he could learn a thing or two from him also, mainly concentration throughout. Tish kinda plays like it's a kick about with his mates . Nice player, his technical ability is arguably better if not on a par with our current midfield.  Needs a lot of work though.

• Like 1

Soccerway currently has a Doctor Congo flag beside him.  Turns out he was called up to their squad for a friendly against Kenya in March but never played.

Midfielders

10. Tshibola Aaron (Nottingham/Angleterre)

11.  Mulumba Rémy (Gazelec Ajaccio/ France)

12.  Kamavuaka Wilson (Darmstadt/ Allemagne)

13.  Kebano Neeskens (Fulham/Angleterre)

14.  M’poku Paul José (Panathinaikos/Grèce)

15.  Nkololo Jordan (Laval/France)

16.  Kakuta Gael (Deportivo la Corogne/Espagne)

17. N’gbakoto Yeni (Queens Park Rangers/Angleterre)

18.  Bijimine Jonathan (Córdoba/ Espagne)

19. Mbemba Mangulu Chancel (New Castle/ Angleterre)

We've seen it time and time again with young players who are not quite there and we write them off. Some go on to become good players. Surely deserves another crack of the whip, or perhaps a loan out to someone like Burton Albion where he would play a lot of football at a good level. 

• Like 1

On 2017-5-7 at 19:08, TRO said:

£12m and a rumoured £85k/wk, 5 and a half year deal apparently gets you "a Shelvey".

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Gardner has proved that he his shit, would rather Tshibola get his 'spot' next season. 

I haven't given up on Tshibola either.  I think the ability is there.  I know he's 22 but in footballing terms it's a young 22.  He could benefit from some coaching in the summer and I agree that IF (and only if ...) Bruce sees enough in his ability, I'd have no problem with him being a sub for next season taking the Gardner/Bacuna central role, with Barney getting Bacuna's wider roles.  He hasn't had (and wasted) the chances that the other 2 have, so in that sense I'm not as convinced that he's a lost cause.  Plus he has 2 and 3 years on them respectively.  With the other 2 I'm very sure that they are lost causes.

• Like 2

Â