Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

On 3/7/2017 at 16:56, Johnnyp said:

I hope we do keep hold of him. Very tidy on the ball, has ability.  Lots to work on too though, most notably off the ball..has to stop walking around barely breaking a sweat.

Yeah I don't think he should be completely disregarded just yet, Bruce should have another look at him in preseason, and worst case give him one more loan stint. Unless we find a Kante/Gana esque prodigy of course.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

His attitude must be really poor in training, Bruce completely froze him out bar the odd game and now not making the Forest bench and they're below us in the league.

I rather suspect he will disappear without a trace and will have a 9-5 job within 5 years

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Your kidding right? He has probably earned enough now to never work again, even playing at the second tier of football. 

He has probably spent it. Doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box, and doesnt seem to arsed about his career either.

• 3 weeks later...

How has it gone at Forest?

Not well, by all accounts. Tshibola started the first two matches he was available for after joining the East Midlanders but has found himself on the peripheries ever since.

Those two matches ended in defeats, 5-1 and 3-2 to Norwich City and Fulham respectively.

In the six weeks that have followed those matches, Tshibola has taken to the hallowed turf just once for a quick stroll against Brighton when the match was already sewn up.

We spoke to Barry Cooper from the Nottingham Post, who was able to provide the following insight into Tshibola’s loan spell at The City Ground.

“He hasn’t been involved at all. He came on at the end against Brighton and barely touched the ball before the final whistle went.

“The impression I get is that Tshibola and McCormack weren’t Gary Brazil’s signings - I think they were Fawaz Al Hasawi’s signings.

“You can see there’s talent there. It’s difficult for a young player to come in and change a team that’s struggling near the bottom of the league. He hasn’t featured since the win against Brighton.

“I think he needs to go out and get regular football next season. I can’t see how he’s going to play for Forest between now and the end of the season.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-tshibola-special-report-aston-12815136

Don't click on the link, that website is pure AIDS.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 4

I wonder will Bruce stick with Tishibobla next season.  Must say he didn't look that bad earlier in the season, although Westwood was his competition so ...

In some ways, this guy was an even worse signing than McCormack. £10m+ is about the going rate for a striker who scores regularly in this division, and at least someone might buy McCormack based on his past glories. 

But £5m for a youth prospect with about half a season of real football behind him? You can see how bad the deal was by realising that we signed both Hourihane and Lansbury for not much more. We absolutely had our pants pulled down. It's been a steep learning curve this season, that's for sure. Who's going to come and take this guy off our hands? And how much can we flog him for? Not a fat lot, I bet. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbf to Tish he has been involved in two struggling sides. Be interesting to see how he would perform in a in form team. I petsona

ly think he would make a good holding midfielder to challenge the nak

I agree with this. He is talented, doesn't waste many passes..tidy on the ball. We'll regret it if we sell this kid i think. What's the rush, let him improve here our out on loan again.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

In some ways, this guy was an even worse signing than McCormack. £10m+ is about the going rate for a striker who scores regularly in this division, and at least someone might buy McCormack based on his past glories. 

But £5m for a youth prospect with about half a season of real football behind him? You can see how bad the deal was by realising that we signed both Hourihane and Lansbury for not much more. We absolutely had our pants pulled down. It's been a steep learning curve this season, that's for sure. Who's going to come and take this guy off our hands? And how much can we flog him for? Not a fat lot, I bet. 

I don't see how McCormack is a worse signing though, I would argue Tish is younger and has potential. Probably on a much lower wage packet too. McCormack on the other hand, is out of shape, has a terrible attitude, 30 years old on big wages and cost us up to 12m with add ons.

Mccormack has been a complete waste of space while Tish just looks like he has struggled fitting into a struggling side. 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbf to Tish he has been involved in two struggling sides. Be interesting to see how he would perform in a in form team. I petsona

ly think he would make a good holding midfielder to challenge the nak

Good players have often had to face adversity at some level of their career.......thats what makes them who they are,when they come through the other side.

Its been said a million times, Talent alone will only take you so far.

The likes of Tshibola and Grealish have to learn the art of application.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 16:03, HanoiVillan said:

Reading would probably take him back for half what we paid....their fans loved him there didn't they.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Reading would probably take him back for half what we paid....their fans loved him there didn't they.

God knows why, he only appeared 13 times in 3 years :lol:

Thought he looked a useful player with plenty of potential, if we disgard him he'll join someone else and be prob do well, we need to give players a longer chance.

He may have lacked experience but he looked better than Westwood and Gardner.

Â