Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

On 9/14/2016 at 14:54, Nicho said:

While not something I condone I think he has 10 games before the clock starts ticking, should only lose 1 of the next 10 in my opinion, if we are to fight for promotion we need to put the ground work in now:

Brentford Home (WIN)

Ipswich Away (WIN)

Newcastle Home (LOSE)

Barnsley Away (WIN)

Preston Away (WIN)

Wolves Home (WIN)

Reading Away (DRAW)

Fulham Home (WIN)

Birmingham Away (DRAW)

Blackburn Home (WIN)

Been unlucky with the results recently, need to turn the dominance and chances into results. 

Brentford (DRAW)

Ipswich (DRAW)

Newcastle (DRAW)

Barnsley (DRAW)

Preston (Loss)

I optimistically expected 12 points from 15 in the last 5 games and we have 4 points. Performances, tactics and team selections have gone backwards. Time to go. 

I was up for giving it more time, but that time has now run out. We can't continue like this, he needs to go now. 

Much as I don't like Bruce, I think he might be the man for the job. Uninspiring and a tad depressing but he should know what to do to sort this mess out. 

4 minutes ago, Amed said:

I'm so sick of wanting another manager sacked... Why us? Is there a team in the whole world who has had to deal with as much shitness over the last 6 years?? Never ending! *sigh*

I was going to say 'at least we're not Leeds', but even they are doing better than us in the league.

• Like 1

This is where Dr Tony needs to have a look at his ambitions for the club and take action as there is no way we'll be challenging in Europe in 5 years if we don't sack RDM now. We'll be lucky to be fighting for promotion from League One with this clown in charge.

If Tony isn't going to give him at least 10 more games he needs to be gone tonight.

My preference is to give him more games (yes, yes, I know ....) but I will be extremely dissappointed in Xia if he hangs on 'a bit' then pulls the trigger another couple of days or games down the line.

28 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Ah but did he say which division?!

Beat me to it! We will probably be top 6 in a few years in league 1! 9 new signings and we are playing no better then last season! Tactics are shocking to be honest and sooner or later we are going to get a right thumping! 

• Like 1

I wanted RDM. I was impressed with the coaching staff he brought on. I was excited by the summer signings. I was impressed with our attacking play in the early matches and the comeback against Forest. I was expecting things to click and for us to start thrashing teams in this league. I was willing to give him more time after a succession of draws caused by lapses in concentration, individual mistakes or after a hard fought albeit fortunate point against Newcastle.

But enough is enough. We are not about to click. We are not unlucky. We are not a few minutes away from winning matches. We are regressing! We don't start with the best players, we don't have a system, or even a formation. We can't change things for the better. We can't score and we can't defend a lead, in the event that we have one.

I'm sorry to say it, and I don't take this as lightly as some others, but: RDM out.

I would like stability, but what good is that stability if it's leading you on a trajectory towards another relegation, when you have a squad for automatic promotion? I don't know who should replace him, but I can't imagine anyone being worse right now. If I had to pick, I'd say Bruce.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

If Tony isn't going to give him at least 10 more games he needs to be gone tonight.

My preference is to give him more games (yes, yes, I know ....) but I will be extremely dissappointed in Xia if he hangs on 'a bit' then pulls the trigger another couple of days or games down the line.

Honestly, I can't comprehend why you want to give him more time. Not having a go I just can't see what you are seeing to think it's either justified or likely to see things improve as we are getting worse.

• Like 1

I thought he was going to be a pretty decent appointment, boy was I wrong!

Been obvious for a while now that he failed with the summer recruitment's (especially in midfield) and that he's clueless as to how he should set up the team.

We pretty much look a bit worse by every game that goes by.

Giving him more time and repeat the mistake we made with Lambert would be moronic.

Sack him while there still is time to selvage the season.

• Like 1

Â