Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

There is something very wrong at this club. It's not a rotten core. It's not an owner who won't invest. It's simply our inability to employ a manager who isn't inept.

Since houllier we've hired a series of managers who are either proven failures or unknown with little or no successes.

It isn't rocket science. Employ someone who knows what they are doing with a proven track record. Not some iffy record that over a period of time shows a lack of ability.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 3

Thanks for getting rid of some shit players (though I'm not sure what choice you had in that or if any were your decision)

thanks for buying some decent ones (though I'm not sure what choice you had in that or if any were your decision)

but shame on you for not being able to manage the squad we have (and I'm pretty clear you have had choices in that and this is your decision)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

There is something very wrong at this club. It's not a rotten core. It's not an owner who won't invest. It's simply our inability to employ a manager who isn't inept.

Since houllier we've hired a series of managers who are either proven failures or unknown with little or no successes.

It isn't rocket science. Employ someone who knows what they are doing with a proven track record. Not some iffy record that over a period of time shows a lack of ability.

Surely the track record was the thing that was in Di Matteo's favour?  I honestly have no idea any more what will work, I have a horrible feeling that nothing will, we will be shit for eternity.

I came to accept relegation quite easily.

I went into this season quite optomistic, we were going to win some games, score some goals, and at the very least I was going to start enjoying going to Villa Park again.
Sure, it wasn't the PL but it was going to be competitive again and we had something to get behind, a goal to achieve.
I was quite happy and had renewed vigour.

Not now though...this word removed has stole that right away. **** you RDM.

• Like 2

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Surely the track record was the thing that was in Di Matteo's favour?  I honestly have no idea any more what will work, I have a horrible feeling that nothing will, we will be shit for eternity.

No.. Over sustained periods he was always found out. The champions league win masked a seemingly very poor manager. That mask fooled me too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strangeways said:

Why is this happening to me, i could seriously cry, we are officially the laughing stock of professional football, im off to find a very high bridge....

It's okay Roberto, just hand your notice in and it will all be fine.

• Like 3

He has to go. Hes clueless. He thinks hes playing football manager at home. Our midfield never has any shape & has no dynamism which means its bypassed far to easily. He cant set up the team to defend a lead & his only answer to conceding is to throw on strikers everywhere and hope for the best.This is something you do in the last 10 minutes not at half time like hes done a few times this season. 

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Before we hire our next manager we need to hire someone who is good at hiring people. Now if only we had someone who was good at hiring people so we could hire that guy...

• Like 3

Â