Needs to go, tactically inept. 

Cissoko instead of amavi

bunn instead of gollini

westwood instead of playing 10 men

Honestly he was terrible again.

There, fixed that for you.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think he studies them in great deal analyzing their past performances,  player strengths and weaknesses,  systems they prefer,  and then decides to 4 up front and 2 in the middle. 

Its almost like the 4 forwards have contracts that have a clause that must all play. Instead of spending the money Kodjia that should have been spent on getting the best possible midfielder for that money. Also im not happy that no youth have been given a chance either

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is the absolute killer argument for me how can he possibly persist with this. The only logical explanation is that he is deliberately trying to ensure we lose. 

Before people shout me down that this is ridiculous I agree, therefore as there is no logical reason to persist with it he must be doing it for some completely illogical reason,  which is equally as bad! 

Wouldn't surprised if manager, or players are deliberately losing. So much corruption in football nowadays.

no chance is hell should this squad be so low in the table. 

I think having so many attacking options is probably proving to be RDM's downfall, firstly the pursuit of so many forwards took the focus off the need to replace a midfield that was fast disappearing in the summer.

We sold Gueye. Gil, Sanchez and Vertout went out on loan.

and we only recruited Tish and Jedinak, seemingly making our last priority Adomah who to be honest in the system we play doesn't seem like he was a massive priority and since he has played we have looked awful.

Even when it comes to central defensive depth, there is none. If Chester or Elphick gets crocked we have Baker and that is it (refuse to include Richards as he is crap right back cover at best) and we all know how long he stays fit - Baker that is.

We've gone from a top heavy team creating a lot of chances but conceding stupid last minute goals mainly due to an non-existent midfield, to a team that is completely unbalanced and inept all over the pitch. 

Every team we play against pack the midfield, press the ball and look quicker and fitter than us. None of them are carrying players who can't tackle or track back. None of them are setup with 3 or 4 forwards and an incredibly slow two man midfield. RDM has been in this league before, and he's been in lower leagues with MK Dons, so why is all the experience not being used, why is he trying to play like we are Real Madrid?

Why are the basics and fundamentals so illusive? Why not start with those and build? Is Xia and us the fans expecting too much, so RDM believes we have to be seen as Premiership quality club in the Championship - scoring our way to glory. We weren't a Premiership quality when we were in the Premiership not even close, it was a miracle we didn't go down under Lambert. Is the team now better than it was in the Premiership, well yes probably, but that doesn't tell you anything as we were so fundamentally broken.

QPR amongst others have proven you can't easily buy your way out of the Championship.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, striker said:

I feel that with maybe a better manager there is still much hope for the Villa to be promoted but Xia must act now before it's too late. For instance I don't think Bruce would play with a two in midfield and be top heavy with forward players. A system in place to suit what Villa have will improve results until the January window opens and then Villa can sign the players needed to push on into the top six.

Statistically it is now more than 4 times as likely to get relegated than getting top 2. Some task for a new manager to face

3 hours ago, Richard said:

This is not about promotion. We are not going to make the top six no chance. This is about rebuilding the club so we can achieve the two year goal of promotion. Stick with this useless twunt and yo an write off next year as well unless it's promotion from league one you want

If it's a 2 year project, how can you judge him after 10 games. IThat seems ridiculous. 

I'm afraid I have zero confidence in Rdm having the ability to turn this around. The fans are against him, the players look like they don't know what they're supposed to be trying to achieve, and his go-to solution remains replacing players from an already weak midfield with out-of-position strikers. If his time hasn't already run out then it must be getting pretty scarce.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Instead of signing adomah he should have signed a cm, colossal screw up by di Matteo  

Not my finest words but I thank you for the acknowledgement. 

On September 27, 2016 at 16:04, VillaCas said:

I posted this before the Ipswich game and for me RDM has not shown me anything since to suggest things will improve any time soon. He seems to lack passion and impact and for me it's time to let him go whilst the gap to the top is still bridge-able. 

i thought he needed six points minimum to warrant continued support - three further draws just doesn't cut it. Get rid now!

Preston was a must-win to save his skin, DrX must act now if this season is not to become a total write-off! 

Wow just saw the goals...... unbelievable.. complete lack of organisation. I hate Westwood but he had no support there as he was shielding.. probably as we had two in midfield and Jedinak doesnt run. Awful play from Westwood regardless.. the other goal was a Jedinak assist.. some pinball style defending. Really amateur stuff. RDM has to go.  

Players have zero confidence.. and they just dont look up for it.. Managers fault. 

RDM OUT

• Like 3

Not only does he replace Tshibola, our only decent CM, with the wholly inadequate Westwood, but he compounds his stupidity  by removing AW and replacing him with a forward, leaving the immobile Jedinak alone in midfield, top-loading with attackers AGAIN, despite it not really working on numerous previous occasions, after witnessing us being dominated centrally in the first half, when what we needed was to come out and win that central area to get some kind of control of the game, otherwise all those attackers would be bloody obselete! I don't know what's worse, his seemingly continued unmerited arrogance or his indisputable tactical incompetence! He has to go, before this season is wasted, if it's not already!....and that's 11 games in. 

Edited by SidSidSidSid
  • Like 1

He seem to be just as tactically inept as Sherwood was, something I thought was impossible.

The fact that he doesn't see that our midfield is terrible, and made even worse so by playing 2 man midfield is just chocking.

Throwing all our strikers on the field but playing them out of position is from the Alex McLeish "Heskey is a midfielder" school of tactic.

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

If it's a 2 year project, how can you judge him after 10 games. IThat seems ridiculous. 

Is it? That isn't what the Dr said and I doubt that's his expectation, I also doubt it's what was discussed in negotiations.

The only person who has mentioned two years is Di Matteo himself which is hardly surprising given what a terrible job he is doing this year.

It seems more ridiculous to me to give him any more time let alone 2 years.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Is it? That isn't what the Dr said and I doubt that's his expectation, I also doubt it's what was discussed in negotiations.

The only person who has mentioned two years is Di Matteo himself which is hardly surprising given what a terrible job he is doing this year.

It seems more ridiculous to me to give him any more time let alone 2 years.

I meant that Richard said that we were never going to be promoted this year and it was always going to take 2 seasons. So I find it odd that he would get rid only 11 games into that 2 season period. There's still plenty of time to show improvement this season if the goal is to get promoted next season. Now if we're talking about getting promoted this season, it's a whole different story obviously.

Â