Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Just now, sidcow said:

I would be inclined to believe this if it was the bbc. They seemed to have some genuine inside knowledge throughout the takeover and transfer window. I would say they definitely have someone's ear. 

Agreed. Telegraph is damming, but if Pat Murphy tweets it, it's usually pretty conclusive. 

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yes, I remember him saying in one of his first interviews that if the manager wasn't in the top six then his job wouldn't be safe,  or words to that effect. 

I remember thinking we had one ruthless mofo on our hands. 

Now then Tony, here's your chance. 

Yes this was definitely mentioned but I don't recall a timescale. Maybe he meant by the end of the season.  Can't see a manager signing a contract that allows a compensation free sacking at any time mid season. 

As for possibly putting Clarke in temp charge....hmm.......not so sure. There are supposed to be three main men in the dugout & they are all just as culpable in this, so Clarke or Bond alone I doubt would make the drastic upturn in fortunes needed if they were then shoved in to the hot seat.

I'd rather have a complete coaching staff clearout now rather than mid/end of jan when it might be just too late for the new regime to click. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm not sure why there is so much abuse directed at RDM.  Yes he is failing miserably but its not like he is out to sabotage the club or something.  I want him to be replaced but the hatred and anger towards him I find odd.

Definitely, he's fallen short but I don't see why he should get abused for it.  Just the way of the world unfortunately.  At least it looks like a swift exit.

• Like 1

Played 11, 7 draws, 3 defeats and a solitary victory, with a convincing defeat against a league 2 side with a near full-strength side out for good measure. Just unacceptable, during last season i knew that squad would really struggle in the championship and that we would need a complete overhaul again, which we got thankfully.

Like many have said, we're showing no sign of improvement, just signs of regression. Really cant believe the state of affairs right now, on paper it looked like good business had been done in terms of recruitment. Jedinak, Elphick and Gollini on the whole have been hugely disappointing. The rest have looked okay. I think a no nonsense type man who actually gives a toss can get a tune out of this squad. Main issue, like has been for last however many years is sorting out that midfield, need 2 battleaxes in the middle, really thought Jedinak was exactly what we needed, always looked solid and consistant whenever I saw him play at Palace.

Anyway, please get this next appointment right TX, its gotta turn for us soon, surely? We've all been suffering for far too long.

worst manager in the history of the club. said it when hired he was garbage and only reason he won Champions League was the Chelsea dressing room took over

has absolutely nothing about him and after 12 games I cant even see what we are trying to achieve under him

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I think having so many attacking options is probably proving to be RDM's downfall, firstly the pursuit of so many forwards took the focus off the need to replace a midfield that was fast disappearing in the summer.

We sold Gueye. Gil, Sanchez and Vertout went out on loan.

and we only recruited Tish and Jedinak, seemingly making our last priority Adomah who to be honest in the system we play doesn't seem like he was a massive priority and since he has played we have looked awful.

Even when it comes to central defensive depth, there is none. If Chester or Elphick gets crocked we have Baker and that is it (refuse to include Richards as he is crap right back cover at best) and we all know how long he stays fit.

We've gone from a top heavy team creating a lot of chances but conceding stupid last minute goals mainly due to an non-existent midfield, to a team that is completely unbalanced and inept all over the pitch. 

Every team we play against pack the midfield, press the ball and look quicker and fitter than us. None of them are carrying players who can't tackle or track back. None of them are setup with 3 or 4 forwards and an incredibly slow two man midfield. RDM has been in this league before, he been in lower leagues with MK Dons, so why is all the experience not being used, why is he trying to play like we are Real Madrid?

Why are the basics and fundamentals so illusive? Why not start with those and build? Is Xia and us the fans expecting too much so RDM believes we have to be seen as Premiership quality club in the Championship - scoring our way to glory. We weren't a Premiership quality in the club when we were in the Premiership not even close, it was a miracle we didn't go down under Lambert. Is the team now better than it was in the Premiership, well yes probably, but that doesn't tell you anything as we were so fundamentally broken.

QPR amongst others have proven you can't easily buy your way out of the Championship.

This obsession with throwing money at the problem has back fired.....There is a time and a place to spend money and its not now for us.....For sure you have to attract players, but the ones we want don't cost fortunes, we are short of warriors who are prepared to muscle things out in time of need.....We have the knock out punch merchants, we need the ones with ring craft who can play their way through 90 minutes and in this league you have to be able to cope with close contact and the physical battle.....we look shy of that.

We need power and presence in key areas.....we have neither.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Ah I see. Well personally I don't subscribe to that view held by Richard that it was always going to a 2 year goal, I'm not sure many did.

If it were I can kind of understand why you would say it's too early to judge. There is plenty of time to improve but the problem is the starting point for that improvement is so bloody low and there is little if anything to suggest any will come under this manager.

So 1 year plan or 2 year plan for me it doesn't matter Di Matteo is still not the guy for the job and should go as soon as possible.

The starting point being so low is actually an advantage to show SOME kind of improvement somewhere......I would imagine taking over at Man City and showing early improvement is much more difficult as they were already good.

I understand this time thing.....but we are so awful at so many basic things and I see very little change on that front.....sure we have turned defeats in to draws, but I am talking about what is on display during a game, some of it is woeful and schoolboy.

It was always going to be tough and other clubs in the division have had it tough....but with King Midas at your side I would have thought a few little crocuses of improvement would have been noticeable, even if we weren't winning.

32 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Seems a lot of people on that twitter thing think he's gone. As in already sacked. 

Not sure where it's coming from. 

It's probably comming from lots of people on twitter repeating rumors they have heard on Twitter which more people read and repeat which more people read and repeat which more people read and repeat same as every other piece of nonsense which circulates on social media. 

Send three and fourpence,  we're going to a dance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Will be gone tomorrow I believe.

I see no alternative.

He just has the look of a " compensation " manager to me....just here for the pay off.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villadude said:

I really hope it's true... I'm not into sacking managers so soon, but it's clear this guy is out of his depth, he has no idea how to turn this nightmare around.

I'm not......but I'm not into keeping incompetent ones either.

just remember, if it is so soon, he has made it SO SOON.

If we had wanted a clown....COCO would have been much cheaper.

Edited by TRO

Â