Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

I heard at the time of contract negotiations that there was some sort of caveat where if we weren't in X position at X time then RDM would be sacked? Did I imagine that? 

I wonder if Xia will give him at least until that pre-agreed date to see where we are... When ever that is. I don't blame Xia though, but I've lost patience with RDM now.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I meant that Richard said that we were never going to be promoted this year and it was always going to take 2 seasons. So I find it odd that he would get rid only 11 games into that 2 season period. There's still plenty of time to show improvement this season if the goal is to get promoted next season. Now if we're talking about getting promoted this season, it's a whole different story obviously.

We won't improve with RDM. He's a disastrous appointment

• Like 2

Incogavfc on twitter has posted Clarke has been informed he'll be interim manager....

Clarke hasn't been the best asst manager (hardly see him on match day) so wouldn't mind him leaving along with rdm. 

There was so much promise with this management team, sadly it's badly failed. 

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Incogavfc on twitter has posted Clarke has been informed he'll be interim manager....

Clarke hasn't been the best asst manager (hardly see him on match day) so wouldn't mind him leaving along with rdm. 

Is Incogavfc reliable or is he in the 99.999% of bullshitters out there?

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Is Incogavfc reliable or is he in the 99.999% of bullshitters out there?

Well earlier this year he said we were getting Morrison and re-signing Albrighton, so I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Stopped reading at the first word, no offence intended. Whoever that is absolutely isn't ITK.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Isn't that twitter account a fake?

On 17/09/2016 at 21:55, Davkaus said:

It wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't see this coming but anyone with a clue about football could see the squad was weak in the middle, to load two players out who could have helped was a hopeless decision 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/02/roberto-di-matteo-set-to-be-sacked-by-aston-villa-this-weekend/

Roberto Di Matteo is set to be sacked by Aston Villa after just 122 days as manager.

Di Matteo's brief reign at Villa will be confirmed as over in the next 48 hours after chairman Tony Xia reluctantly decided to bring down the axe.

Villa's 2-0 defeat at Preston yesterday has seen Di Matteo pay the ultimate price and the former Chelsea manager's tenure is coming to an end.

Despite spending over £50 million this summer, Di Matteo has only secured one win from 11 Championship games and faced chants for his dismissal from many of the 5,400 fans ‎who travelled to Deepdale.

This week was always going to prove crucial for the Villa manager, with two away games at Barnsley and Preston, and his failure to register a win will see him dismissed.

Villa will now search for a replacement during the international break, with Steve Bruce, Mick McCarthy and Huddersfield manager David Wagner likely to be leading contenders.

Di Matteo was headhunted by Xia shortly after the £65 million takeover was completed in June, due to his record of winning the Champions League and achieving promotion from the Championship.

Significant funds were made available, with over £20 million spent on strikers Jonathan Kodjia and Ross McCormack, while other big signings such as Mile Jedinak, James Chester and Tommy Elphick were brought in.

Di Matteo had always insisted it would take time to mould a promotion winning team, after last season's nightmare campaign in which Villa finished bottom of the Premier League.

But the 3-0 win over Rotherham is Villa's only victory in the Championship this season and Xia is now already looking for his second manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I meant that Richard said that we were never going to be promoted this year and it was always going to take 2 seasons. So I find it odd that he would get rid only 11 games into that 2 season period. There's still plenty of time to show improvement this season if the goal is to get promoted next season. Now if we're talking about getting promoted this season, it's a whole different story obviously.

I think the point is that after 1/4 of the season not only has he shown not even the smallest glimmer of improvement he has in actual fact taken them backwards. He continues to make the same mistakes over and over. Continues with leaving our midfield exposed despite every man and his dog fully knowing this is an issue which needs to be sorted. 

The point of a two year project is that you gradually get better and better i.e it's not going to be instant success.  However it does need to be gradual improvement and not 2 months of getting progressively worse.  Especially in a league chock full of bang average teams who have spent a tiny fraction of what we have despite having players of the calibre of Ayew,  Amavi,  Gresford already in place before our spending splurge. 

All 3 of those should be able to walk straight into 90% of teams in this league before you add £50m of other talent. 

RDM has got it all so wrong it's breathtaking and just saying it's a 2 year project does not excuse this. No other manager since O'Neil has been handed the kind of funds to really do something special in the league we are in and to sit below Burton Albion is poor results for a 2 week project with those resources. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Thanks for posting this Sam I hadn't seen it. If The Telegraph are reporting it, I would say that sounds fairly conclusive? We'll have to wait and see but I doubt they'd report that if they hadn't got some idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I heard at the time of contract negotiations that there was some sort of caveat where if we weren't in X position at X time then RDM would be sacked? Did I imagine that? 

I wonder if Xia will give him at least until that pre-agreed date to see where we are... When ever that is. I don't blame Xia though, but I've lost patience with RDM now.

Yes, I remember him saying in one of his first interviews that if the manager wasn't in the top six then his job wouldn't be safe,  or words to that effect. 

I remember thinking we had one ruthless mofo on our hands. 

Now then Tony, here's your chance. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Thanks for posting this Sam I hadn't seen it. If The Telegraph are reporting it, I would say that sounds fairly conclusive? We'll have to wait and see but I doubt they'd report that if they hadn't got some idea.

I would be inclined to believe this if it was the bbc. They seemed to have some genuine inside knowledge throughout the takeover and transfer window. I would say they definitely have someone's ear. 

• Like 1

Â