Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

1 minute ago, Strangeways said:

Im sick of feeling gutted, I'm sick of feeling bad

Another 3 points wasted!! a win we should have had.

i make my way from preston, I'm Queing at the train

With all this hurt inside me my soul starts to complain

Too Roberto Dimateo or however this is spelt

Don't you think i've had enough with the club that i was dealt

I understand your history and all you've won before

But why play so defensive like a pimp who's lost a whore

I'm begging you sir TONY!! cut the bridge that you have built

Learn from your first lesson, Cats always spill there milk

I see your whole big picture but Just think of what i've what i've said

i Don't want to be the villa fan so sad i up end up dead.

peace

Are those the rest of the lyrics?

• Like 1

Its been obvious for a while across a few different managers that we arnt able to purchase full backs who are good enough as wingers, play makers. 

Need to start with telling our full backs to go no further than about 10 yards into the opposition half, Push our defensive line up and have a defensive block to give us some solidity first and foremost.

Does RDM think he is some sort of attacking master coach? has he been instructed to play attacking football? has he been told to play certain players? I dont think he has so what the hell is he doing playing essentially 4 up top.

Tactical naivety from him, we have no structure or pattern of play set out to build attacks and create goals. Teams have figured it out that if you let our front 4 become a front 6 with our full backs up there aswell we are easy to counter and over run.  

Got to go now, give us two weeks to get someone else in but I don't like the options that are out there.

It's still a nice project for a manager to get his hands on. Id rather still be looking long term than Steve Bruce or Fat Sam. Get AVB in.

Over the last few weeks he has looked a beaten man and sadly I think that rubs off on the players.  I'm not going to blame RDM solely for this, because what are Clarke and Bond also doing here?  Is it a case of they are poor too or is RDM not listening?  It looked a really good management/coaching team at the start but something is plain wrong now.  A change is needed and I'd have Bruce start on Monday. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Honestly, I can't comprehend why you want to give him more time. Not having a go I just can't see what you are seeing to think it's either justified or likely to see things improve as we are getting worse.

No, I know few people who do comprehend it !!  And no offence taken.

So I'm happy to explain.  But guys, you don't then need to pelt me with rotten fruit and veg after, I am more than aware it is not exactly a universally held view  - I'm not trying to persuade anybody !

I think Managers (in fact everyone trying to do anything, anywhere) need time.  I think you do everything, everything, in your power to choose the guy you think will see you through the job in hand, then back him to the hilt financially, then give him all the time you can to do what he was employed for.

I don't think you should get rid of somebody because they are failing, I think you should get rid of somebody after they have had enough time to succeed.

So whilst I fully accept he is failing, I don't think he has had enough time to succeed (even though I accept others may have succeeded by now).

(BTW,  I think failure is part of succeeding, and that whoever you get will fail at some point, whether its the beginning, middle, or later period they are there).

Yes we are getting worse, but I have seen countless examples in football and life where things going well get worse, then get better again, and where things going badly get great, then worse again.  

If 10 games is the benchmark, what if the next guy does really badly for ten games - the sack again ? Then again ?  

In my view one decides an appropriate amount of time and sticks to it.  And in no universe do I see this many games as the right amount of time, regardless of whats happening.

I do not expect to alter anybody's view, but hopefully that explains mine.

And the main point I was making was that if, as we all now expect, it is just round the corner, then - whilst I might not agree with that - I now think Xia himself would be 'in the dock' if he doesn't do it quick.

In other words if RDM is still here in 10 games time, fine, but if he is still here tomorrow but gone next Friday, or the one after, or at the begining  of November etc, I will have major doubts about how we are being run.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Strangeways said:

Im sick of feeling gutted, I'm sick of feeling bad

Another 3 points wasted!! a win we should have had.

i make my way from preston, I'm Queing at the train

With all this hurt inside me my soul starts to complain

Too Roberto Dimateo or however this is spelt

Don't you think i've had enough with the club that i was dealt

I understand your history and all you've won before

But why play so defensive like a pimp who's lost a whore

I'm begging you sir TONY!! cut the bridge that you have built

Learn from your first lesson, Cats always spill there milk

I see your whole big picture but Just think of what i've what i've said

i Don't want to be the villa fan so sad i up end up dead.

peace

Soul starts to drain would have been better. 

• Like 1

Was firmly behind RDM camp until today ,thought he was the right man for the job but I think I'm completely wrong on this one team selection was wrong and the players looked like that the confidence was gone completely. Our start is simply unacceptable and we look like we aren't improving so would be in favour of a change now it isn't ideal but it will have to be done RDM looks lost and has lost the fans .

• Like 1

Â