Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Can't believe what's happened so far this season. Our summer was much better than anyone could have ever expected - new owner with cash to spend, new manager and assistant with good track record and experience at this level, a host of exciting new signing including players to solve our goal scoring issues, a lot of "deadwood" being moved on.

What has happened has been ridiculous, and most of the blame has to fall at the feet of the manager. The only blame that shouldn't go to the manager is some of the stupid individual errors that seem have been ingrained in us over the past 5-6 years.

I don't want us to become a Leeds or Wolves type club that a change a manager without giving them enough time, but this season is in danger of being a disaster.

I disagree with most, I think our squad is good enough for automatic promotion. The problem is RDM had totally underestimated the quality of the championship and the tactical knowledge of his opposition managers. This is not a time for Keegan-style cavalier football. We need to be solid and give out attacking players a decent platform to work from. As it is, the defence is always exposed, and the pressure is always on the attack to score because they know the defence will give sloppy goals away.

I would sack him now, if I knew we had a decent replacement lined up.

As it stands, we can still make the playoffs.

what worries me the most is that in the beginning we weren't getting results, but we were at least playing decent, creating chances and stuff, now we just look shiet. I wanted him in, but I am starting to get worried. The signings seem so incredibly random, we have gone for big name "championship standard" signings, but we don't look like a team, the players haven't been bought with a bigger picture in mind or to fit any kind of tactics, instead now we have to change our tactics to fit the players. depressing stuff.

The signings remind me a lot of City under that Thai dude, just signing random players, were gonna end up with 20 strikers and a shortage in other areas. 

• Like 1

This is not about promotion. We are not going to make the top six no chance. This is about rebuilding the club so we can achieve the two year goal of promotion. Stick with this useless twunt and yo an write off next year as well unless it's promotion from league one you want

Yeah I see all that Trent, its fair enough - it isn't like those that want him gone are doing so after two bad results.

And yes, it is rooted basically in hope more than anything else - a hope rooted in the belief that time makes a difference, but yes, just hope really.

I didn't want RDM (I wanted Rodgers for one direction, (the nicey football build for the future approach) or Pearson (to just get out the League), or Dyche - (and I still want Dyche) and I didn't want him because I thought he had shown no evidence of being the kind of character we needed, either to football our way out or fight our way out. 

But he's what we got, and so my reasoning  - reluctantly in some ways - holds for him as any other.  I have to assume he fitted what they want, so I cant support them changing their minds so soon.

Anyway, its irrelevant, he's gone surely !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Honestly, I can't comprehend why you want to give him more time. Not having a go I just can't see what you are seeing to think it's either justified or likely to see things improve as we are getting worse.

If i thought i could see what he is going to do with this "time" I would be slightly more inclined to agree with the remainers....but I don't.

I don't think "time"is the problem I suspect its just an imposter.

I would suspect many fans are just weary with changing managers, however it seems we are just poor at recruitment.....you would almost think we are caught up in a conspiracy, we are that bad

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think if he isn't gone by Monday he won't be sacked yet

If he has not gone by Monday then xia for me has loads of questions to answer 

• Like 3

On 24/09/2016 at 21:44, sidcow said:

This is my biggest worry. We've gone from dominating the opposition but conceding goals to draw or lose the game. Then playing out dull draws where no one particularly does anything to deserve to win to now getting draws we have not deserved to get. It's been a linear deterioration and if the line continues it leads to defeats. 

Every game I think he will turn it round and the season will start but I've moved from thinking we're on the verge of giving someone a kicking to thinking were on the verge of receiving a kicking. 

He absolutely must turn this sharpish. 

Unfortunately my fears illustrated in this post have come to fruition and the defeats have now started. I have no confidence we will get a result against Wolves either. 

I don't think getting rid of him now would even be a rash decision now. 

He's had 1/4 of the season,  the players have had enough games together to start improving if not be the finished article but we are in fact going backwards and that backward movement is in fact accelerating. 

Even a run of the mill manager should be able to play a half decent tune on the Aston Villa fiddle. . However RDM seems to be trying to play it using a drum stick

It wouldn't be so bad if I could see a glimmer of something,  had a feeling it was coming together,  moving in the right direction. . But I don't see anything. 

The WM commentary said just before we were awarded the penalty that there were literally no positives to take from the performance. The irony that we immediately afterwards were awarded then missed a penalty. 

How can you spend a record amount for the league on players then have literally no positives? 

Why does he keep leaving us light in midfield watching us both lose it and fail to create in midfield game after game after game. 

He has just got to go. He deserves no time,  he is being out thought tactically by every manager he faces,  he keeps picking the wrong team and repeating the same mistakes over and over. . He has not shown even a glimmer that he has the capabilities of turning it around. Why should he be allowed to waste more time and squander more points? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

This is not about promotion. We are not going to make the top six no chance. This is about rebuilding the club so we can achieve the two year goal of promotion. Stick with this useless twunt and yo an write off next year as well unless it's promotion from league one you want

I agree with your sentiment that it is not about promotion, at least not anymore. Ffs though is it too much to ask to not be be the laughing stock of yet another league. I was so behind RDM that  now exhausted and left completely shattered again. I just want to be proud of my club.... is that too much to ask?

UTV

VTID

5 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

After everything we've witnessed this season, how in the hell does he think it's OK to start a game with a midfield two of Westwood and Jedinak? Not just him, where are his assistants? Where's the tea lady? Somebody surely must see it's never going to work in any level of professional football to start two immobile deep sitting midfielders. 

He doesn't have a clue. I don't think managers should be sacked after only 10-15 games, but he's getting worse. 

This is the absolute killer argument for me how can he possibly persist with this. The only logical explanation is that he is deliberately trying to ensure we lose. 

Before people shout me down that this is ridiculous I agree, therefore as there is no logical reason to persist with it he must be doing it for some completely illogical reason,  which is equally as bad! 

5 hours ago, deeps said:

Am I crazy in thinking he doesn't study the opposition? 

I think he studies them in great detail analyzing their past performances,  player strengths and weaknesses,  systems they prefer,  and then decides to 4 up front and 2 in the middle. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I feel that with maybe a better manager there is still much hope for the Villa to be promoted but Xia must act now before it's too late. For instance I don't think Bruce would play with a two in midfield and be top heavy with forward players. A system in place to suit what Villa have will improve results until the January window opens and then Villa can sign the players needed to push on into the top six.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

Â