Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reports-arrest-warrant-issued-former-17107496

Reports: Arrest warrant issued for former Aston Villa owner Tony Xia

Reward of £30,000 reportedly on offer for information on Xia's whereabouts.

An arrest warrant has been issued for former Aston Villa owner Tony Xia in his native China, the Daily Mirror reports.

The paper says that a "string of unhappy investors" are now "chasing him for their money back," prompting a court in Beijing to issue the warrant.

Xia spent two years as owner of Aston Villa, buying the club from Randy Lerner shortly after the club were relegated in the summer of 2016.

Under mounting financial pressure - and with Villa facing the threat of insolvency over an inability to pay its bills - Xia sold a majority stake in the club to its current owners, the billionaires Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens.

Back in August, Xia's affiliation with the club ended as Sawiris and Edens engineered a deal to buy up his remaining shares in the club.

"He claimed upon taking over Villa to be a billionaire but he was actually a frontman for other investors' cash," the Mirror reports.

"They are now fuming after promises of lucrative returns in the Premier League under Xia's regime bit the dust."

Mirror Sport  "understands there is now a reward of around £30,000 out for information on Xia's whereabouts and a warrant for his arrest.

"He and his Recon Group have been sued for breach of contract and non-payment of debts.

"The court has put out wanted posters for Xia, who claimed to have been educated at Harvard."

Upon buying Aston Villa, Tony Xia said, “My ambition is to bring Villa to the top six in less than five years and I hope it can be [one of] the top three in the world – even the best well known in the world – in less than 10 years.

“At least [until] now what I have planned [in my career] everything has been achieved. Nobody believed in the beginning but I made it happen no matter how many years it took.

"Forget the past and think we are going to enter into a new age."

Selling up a majority stake in July 2018, Xia said about his relationship with Sawiris and Edens, "The future is exciting on a number of fronts and I look forward to exploring further business collaborations.”

A sporadic and mysterious Tweeter, Xia has not used the platform since 23 August, when his account quote tweeted Aston Villa official's account congratulating Anwar El Ghazi scoring the second in Villa's 2-0 win over Everton.

"UTV," was the simple message from Xia's Twitter account, Dr_TonyXia

Jesus and I used to defend him! What a bullet dodged.

On the flip side we can truly be greatful that the combo of him and Bruce are what brought us into the blessing we now have with this board!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I love how they are using wanted posters :lol:

0_Chinese-former-Villa-owner-Dr-Tony-Xia-is-in-big-trouble-with-law-back-home-over-his-dodgy-dealings.jpg0_Chinese-former-Villa-owner-Dr-Tony-Xia-is-in-big-trouble-with-law-back-home-over-his-dodgy-dealings.jpg

Mirror Sport understands there is now a reward of around £30,000 out for information on Xia's whereabouts and a warrant for his arrest.

He and his Recon Group have been sued for breach of contract and non-payment of debts.

The court has put out wanted posters for Xia, who claimed to have been educated at Harvard.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arrest-warrant-issued-former-aston-20648242

:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow Randy Lerner's last big F you to the club was selling Villa to that fraud of an owner.  What was his fit and proper test?  " Tony Xia please pat your head and rub your tummy."  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Wow Randy Lerner's last big F you to the club was selling Villa to that fraud of an owner.  What was his fit and proper test?  " Tony Xia please pat your head and rub your tummy."  

The axis of evil, Ellis-Lerner-Xia, almost destroyed this club.

Â