Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I've said it numerous times, but i'm still amazed people defended him last summer. 

I feel sorry for @Richard he called it perfectly in regards to xia and bruce and was given loads of grief for it. I was one of them. 

I'd like to apologise. He was on the money

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

So Recon Group is still technically the clubs holding company as I understand it? How do we go about changing this to NSWE Group or is it even possible? 

Sawiris and Edens own all the Recon companies in the UK now. I assume in due course they will either be renamed or there will be a restructure. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Withnail said:

Donald Trump says hello

Not quite. Trump's suits often look shit, but that is because he's a tall overweight man who wears American cut suits, which historically have a baggy cut. Even so, he still looks better dressed than Xia ever did, who looks like a kid wearing his dad's funeral and wedding suit he found in the wardrobe.

Trump does have something in common with him though. Neither is as rich as they are portrayed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Not quite. Trump's suits often look shit, but that is because he's a tall overweight man who wears American cut suits, which historically have a baggy cut. Even so, he still looks better dressed than Xia ever did, who looks like a kid wearing his dad's funeral and wedding suit he found in the wardrobe.

Trump does have something in common with him though. Neither is as rich as they are portrayed.

It’s true. For a funeral recently, I tried on a jacket I bought when I was a good three stone heavier. Reminded me of Dr. Fraud. 

I ended up defending Xia, but when Lerner was going I was one of the few warning that the next owners could be bad. 

Everyone was saying “he can’t be worse than Lerner”

one of the biggest mistakes on VT seems to be people being happy with any alternative because they don’t like the current situation. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kingman said:

Couldn't pay Lerner the £30m for promotion apparently so NSWE had to bail him out, Hence his removal the 30m mopped up his remaining shares. 

Adios

I wonder if this was their plan all along, the money owed to Learner would have been known about when they bought into the club..... they clearly decided to make that contractually Xia's responsibility, probably knowing that he would not be able to meet it and a good way to get rid of him.

If so, well done NSWE.

Also, the Recon company that owns Aston Villa is the original Aston Villa Villa company from 1874.... Xia renamed it. Lets hope NSWE rename it back to what it was ASAP.

Edited by TheStagMan

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

Didnt Hollis have permission to approve and Villa fans made Hollis out to be some sort of genius. Shocking

I seem to recall various people on here making ludicrous suggestions like making Hollis Director of Football or something. 

On 10/08/2019 at 12:56, Stevo985 said:

I ended up defending Xia, but when Lerner was going I was one of the few warning that the next owners could be bad. 

Everyone was saying “he can’t be worse than Lerner”

one of the biggest mistakes on VT seems to be people being happy with any alternative because they don’t like the current situation. 

I remember it and I was definitely one of the idiots who said he can't be worse than lerner. 

I didn't think we could be that unlucky. It will certainly make me think more in the future. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I remember it and I was definitely one of the idiots who said he can't be worse than lerner. 

I didn't think we could be that unlucky. It will certainly make me think more in the future. 

And I did the opposite. Was cautious at the right time and then gave him too much benefit of the doubt when he was here.

Easy to get carried away in various situations

• Like 1

Its a strange one, because he threw a lot of money at Villa, and is probably out of pocket by an incredible amount. He was ambitious at a time when we needed it. He basically played a huge gamble with us that blew up in his face. We went very close to the wall, but he found us some good owners to take us forward.

I wonder what he'd have done if we went up last year. I think he may have flipped us for a quick buck.

I've very mixed feelings about the whole thing.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Its a strange one, because he threw a lot of money at Villa, and is probably out of pocket by an incredible amount. He was ambitious at a time when we needed it. He basically played a huge gamble with us that blew up in his face. We went very close to the wall, but he found us some good owners to take us forward.

I wonder what he'd have done if we went up last year. I think he may have flipped us for a quick buck.

He didn't have money, he threw the clubs money at it thinking he would pay it back when we got promoted

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Guy was a piece of shit end of story. No sympathy at all and made Doug look like a hero

**** prick (Xia not you 😜

23 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

He didn't have money, he threw the clubs money at it thinking he would pay it back when we got promoted

He was sending shit loads of money over from China wasnt he? £4m a month?

• 2 months later...
Â