Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

Just thinking of what sort of team past August 31st I'd be confident of going up with and I came up with this:

Gollini

De Laet            Elphick             Jamal Lascelles             Amavi

Jedinak          Hendrick

Adama                           Charlie Adam/Grealish              Ayew

Bamford

Let's see how close we get to that sort of standard in next few weeks. If we can spend 12m on a forward we can certainly sign some of those players I've listed.

Edited by VillaChris

Sign Pantilimon, Klose, Jedinak and Hoolahan and we would get promoted.

Pantilimon

Bacuna   Okore    Klose   Amavi

Traore   Jedinak  Gardner  Grealish

Hoolahan

McCormack

(Gollini Westwood Kozak Hutton Agbonlahor Baker Tshibola)

Edited by Michael118

On 8/3/2016 at 05:02, VillaChris said:

Just thinking of what sort of team past August 31st I'd be confident of going up with and I came up with this:

Gollini

De Laet            Elphick             Jamal Lascelles             Amavi

Jedinak          Hendrick

Adama                           Charlie Adam/Grealish              Ayew

Bamford

Let's see how close we get to that sort of standard in next few weeks. If we can spend 12m on a forward we can certainly sign some of those players I've listed.

Was just named captain of Newcastle. No chance! No McCormack??

Edited by KSV

Personally.. id be happy with this.. and i think its realistic enough of happening. 

Starting 11:

Gollini

De Laet            Elphick             Okore             Amavi

Jedinak          Tishbola

Morrison             

Ayew         McCormack

Bamford

Subs:

Steer, Gardner, McNair, Grealish, Traore, Gestede, Green

Reserves:

Bunn, Baker, Bennett, Hutton, Bacuna, Lyden, RHM, Westwood, Toner, Borg, Davis

Released/Sold/Loan:

Richards, Lescott, Cissohko, Veretout, Sanchez, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Kozak

Edited by KSV

I know it's a long season and game 1 won't make or break it, but I think it's probably a good thing that we're getting one of the most difficult fixtures out of the way while we're at our most disjointed.  Given that we might have struggled in game 1 regardless of the opposition, getting an away trip to last season's beaten playoff finalist off our 'to do' list is a bit of a blessing.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I know it's a long season and game 1 won't make or break it, but I think it's probably a good thing that we're getting one of the most difficult fixtures out of the way while we're at our most disjointed.  Given that we might have struggled in game 1 regardless of the opposition, getting an away trip to last season's beaten playoff finalist off our 'to do' list is a bit of a blessing.

Exactly my thoughts mate. Wednesday might be tough game but I prefer getting it out the way early 

I can see us struggeling a bit in the beggining of the season. But if we get 3-4 more quality players in and RDM manages to get the team running as a unit i could see us pulling together enough points, atleast for a playoff possition. Atleast it feels like we are slowly heading in the right directon, ill stay optimistic in the regards of a promotion this year

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Talksport right now absolutely jizzing over Newcastle and their title winning prospects. One of them saying they'll win the league without losing a game!

Rather they have that pressure than us!

Whoops!

• Like 2

We aint won anything yet, but there is something wise about having a manager who has been promoted before, and having players who have experienced this division before. Got a good confident feeling about  this season. 

Â