Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

RDM is not the right manager and neither is Pearson.

People directing their frustration at Bacuna, Hutton, Cissokho, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Clark, Sanchez are directing it in the wrong place.

The problems are still there because we still have a manager who isn't capable of getting the most out of the players. We are still relying on Gestede and Ayew as our main attacking threat. We still lack presence, leadership and drive from CM and a striker we can rely on for goals.

On top of this, we've lost our best CM and loaned out our best and most creative player. Elphick will more than likely be made captain and play most matches but he is a level below Okore and Clark.

If we can sign Pantilimon it would go a long way in restoring some optimism but we need more.

At this stage, I don't like the way this season is heading. My only hope is that our competition will be so poor that we might somehow be less poor than them. If we were in the premier league we would be staring at another relegation and a worse season than last if that is even possible

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

and you can tell that from 0 competitive games managing Villa?

I can tell that from his personality which comes across in interviews and during matches. His face, his body language, his expressions and the language he uses.

Edited by Michael118

First Team

Gollini 

New RB - Elphick - Okore/Baker - Amavi

New Defensive Midfielder - Tshibola/Gardner

Ayew - New Attacking Midfieider - Grealish

New Striker 

Back up/Squad

Steer/Bunn

Hutton?/Richards? - Clark/Toner - Baker/Okore - Bennett/Cissohko?

Sanchez? - Westwood?

Green - Veretout? - Bacuna?

Gestede?/Kozak?/Hepburn-Murphy

That back up team is truly awful! Anyone with a question mark more than happy to change. Think really we only have strength in depth in Goal and Central Defence. Green seems good and Hepburn-Murphy is promising but don't want to go in with him as main back up. 

If wasn't clear already, then it's abundantly clear now these players were badly managed for a while. What has been going on in Bodymoor Heath the last 2 years I don't know but it's been horrific whatever has happened. Clearly these players have been damaged, the key is how many can be saved. First few proper games will really tell and if we are terrible, I hope that many more transfers come in. Certainly 2 new midfielders and a new striker are a must. Really would like a new RB too. First team then starts looking better.

If we could get that first team sorted this transfer window then should still be up there by Christmas. More strengthening in January and then who knows. 

Edited by cyrusr
Forgot Gardner...

We need just to stabilise this season. It's clear ther is not money for blowing await existing contracts of the players we don't want. It's also looking more clear we are likely going to be looking for bargain basement players to try and improve us further. 

As it stands now we are a championship side that may struggle mid table . Is going to be a long road back .

7 hours ago, Michael118 said:

People directing their frustration at Bacuna, Hutton, Cissokho, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Clark, Sanchez are directing it in the wrong place.

The problems are still there because we still have a manager who isn't capable of getting the most out of the players. We are still relying on Gestede and Ayew as our main attacking threat. We still lack presence, leadership and drive from CM and a striker we can rely on for goals.

On top of this, we've lost our best CM and loaned out our best and most creative player. Elphick will more than likely be made captain and play most matches but he is a level below Okore and Clark.

If we can sign Pantilimon it would go a long way in restoring some optimism but we need more.

At this stage, I don't like the way this season is heading. My only hope is that our competition will be so poor that we might somehow be less poor than them. If we were in the premier league we would be staring at another relegation and a worse season than last if that is even possible

Still hurt over Carles Gil going?

You need to get over it man. 

8 hours ago, Michael118 said:

From 6 paragraphs

I have to disagree with

All 6

Time will tell whether RDM is, why even bother talking about Pearson? He's not our manager.

The problems are still there because we still have a manager who isn't capable of getting the most out of the players.

So let's blame a manager who has been at the club a matter of weeks who has inherited the worst squad we've had in decades rather than a number of underperforming clowns, some of whom have shown a severe lack of professionalism and a bad attitude. Okay then.

We are still relying on Gestede and Ayew as our main attacking threat. We still lack presence, leadership and drive from CM and a striker we can rely on for goals.

You're not wrong, but the window is still open and our owner has tweeted that we're looking to strengthen so I'm not sure what more you want at this stage. We can't just get rid of players at the drop of a hat and likewise we can't just keep signing players when our squad is already too big. We're not going to earn anywhere near as much money in the Championship so this carefree approach to transfers would get us in the same sort of trouble we found ourselves in after MON left. It's unsustainable. We have to be smart about this.

Gana had a release clause which was neither RDM or Tony's fault. What's your point?

I'd like to have kept Gil but like Gana he didn't want to be here. I'd rather have players giving their all to the cause, wouldn't you? Elphick is not a level below Clark and Okore and has a much better attitude. He's played pretty well in pre-season if you've watched the games and he is experienced in this league. He's also been here a couple of months so it's too early to write him off even if he had played crap, which he hasn't.

Jesus wept. I pray we don't sign him. He's not very good. I'd rather try Gollini. We do need more and they're working on it, so... ?

Well we're not done in the transfer market so don't fret just yet. Competition will be much poorer and we certainly won't be as bad as the majority of them. We're not in the Premier League so I don't know what point you're making. Let's get out of the Championship and then strengthen into a competitive PL side, shall we?

• Like 3

I can tell that from his personality which comes across in interviews and during matches. His face, his body language, his expressions and the language he uses.

you can tell the future based on a man's facial expressions. gotcha.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It's a skill that takes years to perfect, I have it nailed though. As soon as I see Harry Redknapp I know he is going to get dogs abuse and a kick in the nuts unless someone stops me. :)

Me too. Whenever I see Tim Sherwood, I know an angel in heaven weeps, tears off its wings, and wipes its ass with them.

Just thinking about promotion and the amount of goals we'd need to score and games we'd need to win. 

It really doesn't seem likely this year. You can't go from what we've been like the last 4 years to scoring loads and winning the majority of games.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Playing a lone striker upfront helped relegate us, we need Ayew and a new signing to lead the line.

Having a succession of terrible managers with terrible players relegated us the formation was as important as the arrangement of the deckchairs on the Titanic.

• Like 2

Â