Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

21 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

A ball hasn't even been kicked in season 1 of the Championship yet. How can you possibly know enough about what will happen in the next 2/3 years after 6 weeks of new ownership to make statements like this?

I just don't get why you would make a statement like this. Only reason I can see is that if it all goes balls up, you can turn around and say 'look I said it would'. Otherwise, what's the point?

It's just my opinion.

The squad is in desperate need of strengthening and I'd argue the squad is looking worse than it did at the end of last season and the vultures are circling around our better players. We have signed a goalkeeper who is an unknown quantity and 2 players who spent most of last season on the treatment bench.

Im not convinced the good Dr is going to invest anywhere near the amounts he has claimed and I do not understand why the squad should be trimmed before we can sign more players. Surely it makes better sense to get the players in, let them bed in and move on the players surplus to requirements as the Windows progresses. 

I just have a bad feeling about this whole new regime.

Obviously I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong and we go up at first time of asking.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

Southampton and Leicester also went down a division though

on what I have seen so far the only way we getting out of Championship at moment is not through promotion

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

This is a rebuilding process that could potentially take up to 2-3 years.

Saints had to do it, so did Leicester we may be the same unfortunately 

They weren't rebuilding processes, they were just in the wilderness for years before they got their act together.

At least 4 -5 more signings needed. Not squad fillers but starters, then maybe we can talk about the playoff-spots. We are behind a lot of teams right now.

Edited by NoelVilla
  • Like 1

I honestly think too many in the sqaud are "tainted". Apart from being shit they are despised by the fans. It is a effing disease and RDM should see that. Playing Bacuna only can go bad. It just can. Too many of the old crap are involved. Yes, it takes time  but FFS play Green and give some of the other youngsters a chance. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Reaction to the defeat is completely over the top. Whilst it's nice to win games, friendlies don't really give an indication on what's to come the following season.

we are 8 days from the start of the season and that will probably be our starting line-up for sunday

lot of reasons to be worried

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Reaction to the defeat is completely over the top. Whilst it's nice to win games, friendlies don't really give an indication on what's to come the following season.

You're right. Persisting with these players who have been awful for the previous few years gives us an indication though.

Do not think it is a reaction to a defeat. It is a reaction to a performance one week before the season starts.  Or should I say "non-performance". 

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I think a friendly 1 week before the season starts, with mainly players that will start the season can give a decent idea of what to expect. 

Lets be honest, Gestede and Bacuna aren't suddenly going to become amazing players. 

• Like 1

I can't remember for sure but have we not had good results against good opposition in recent summers, in our final pre-season games, Those results weren't the signal for a good season to come and today's result doesn't have to be the indication of a bad season to come. We need signings and Xia has emphatically said on twitter today that we're going to be getting some.

I can't remember for sure but have we not had good results against good opposition in recent summers, in our final pre-season games, Those results weren't the signal for a good season to come and today's result doesn't have to be the indication of a bad season to come. We need signings and Xia has emphatically said on twitter today that we're going to be getting some.

the last time we beat a decent team in a friendly was 2013 vs Malaga

Been out all day but just seen the score....

Yeah we aren't getting promoted with likes of Bacuna and Westwood as week in week out starters.

Bit concerned by some of RDM's selections aswell... he seems to be happy to go with Ayew and Gestede as a front two and our midfield aswell as being shite is unbalanced again.

Most disappointed the defence seemed to fold so easily in the second half.

Lot of work to do.

Â