Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

Newcastle game tonight proved what we all knew, teams are going be absolute fired up playing us and Newcastle. It will be their cup final so we better have right attitude

• Like 2

Norwich should be the favourites to go up given their squad & recent signings. But they just aren't fashionable. Pritchard, Maddison, hoolahan, Canos, Naismith, Klose, Jarvis, would all enhance our squad not forgetting Brady if they can keep him. 

Their squad IMO is a whole lot more balanced than ours at present. Would love to have their midfield options. 

Saying that, we are hopefully only. 3-4 signings away from having a squad capable of mounting a challenge to win the league and have faith (blindly) that Dr X will make it happen 

40 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

^ Yeah, but we have been top of the table for a couple of months now. Fulham just overtook us. Now we have a three point gap to close, but we do have a game in hand.

I think we may just run out of games for a promotion push though. We have left it far too late. 

7 hours ago, villarocker said:

I thought it showed that Newcastle really aren't all that. 

If our players give anything above 90% this season we'll piss this league. 

To be fair I watched the game, and Fulham gave quite a good account of themselves.

Brighton only lost 5 games last year and didn't get promotion. We are a level lower yes, but we aren't going to go from winning 3 Games to only losing 3-5 Games in this short a period of time. I fully believe promotion is out of our reach this year. A year to rebuild and not losing key players (unlikely) and we may be ready next year.

• Like 1

lets see how we perform tomorrow.. and see how our squad ends up at the end of the window. 

Watching Forest V Burton. Quality of defending is so poor. Forest looking sharp though

EDIT: Burton score haha

Edited by KSV

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Brighton only lost 5 games last year and didn't get promotion. We are a level lower yes, but we aren't going to go from winning 3 Games to only losing 3-5 Games in this short a period of time

Thats my worry. Getting promotion this season would represent a spectacular turn around in such a short space of time. Even if we were to go on a long winning streak, you worry about the mentality should we take a couple of beatings. 

22 hours ago, supermon said:

Talksport right now absolutely jizzing over Newcastle and their title winning prospects. One of them saying they'll win the league without losing a game!

Rather they have that pressure than us!

Well they couldn't have been more wrong now could they :P

The championship is a goal fest tonight (in oz anyway) and my first 2 multi bets are up yahoooo. Being in the championship may not be so bad (for my sportsbet account lol) looking forward to making back some of the money ive lost on villa over the years.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

5 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The championship is a goal fest tonight (in oz anyway) and my first 2 multi bets are up yahoooo. Being in the championship may not be so bad (for my sportsbet account lol) looking forward to making back some of the money ive lost on villa over the years.....

How on earth have you managed to lose money betting on Villa- matches? :) Should have been pretty easy to predict the results recently.

(Anyway, how about 52/1 on Joe Bennett first goalscorer tomorrow?)

I think tomorrow is as tough an opener as we could of got. They are at home. They have only ever got better under carvahal. Lost nobody, added pudil, abdi and fletcher. I'd love us to go out there and just **** boss them, be a real statement. Wednesday could go the other way too, how many times have you seen beaten play off finalists have a hangover the following season. Also, let's not see this place descend into anarchy tomorrow evening should we be beaten. Perspective. We were relegated with a woeful showing last year. Assembling a new team. Takes time but we are doing the right things i feel. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I think tomorrow is as tough an opener as we could of got. They are at home. They have only ever got better under carvahal. Lost nobody, added pudil, abdi and fletcher. I'd love us to go out there and just **** boss them, be a real statement. Wednesday could go the other way too, how many times have you seen beaten play off finalists have a hangover the following season. Also, let's not see this place descend into anarchy tomorrow evening should we be beaten. Perspective. We were relegated with a woeful showing last year. Assembling a new team. Takes time but we are doing the right things i feel. 

I absolutely agree but expecting anything less than that is wishful thinking to be honest.

Â