Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

My face when opening this thread after Tony first took over...

200.gif

My face at the thought of promotion after watching the Middlesbrough friendly (and remembering last season)...

200.gif

Well there we have it Ladies & Gentlemen

live & free for all to see

New owner

new manager & staff

basically the same players

and what do we get?

The same F*****g shit!

we need

GK x1

RB x1

CDL x1

CDR x1

DM x1

RW x1

LW x1

CM x1

CF x2

then

Never again in a Villa shirt

Hutton

Richards

Lescott

Cissohko

Westwood

Bacuna

Sanchez

Sinclair

Gestede

Gaby

---------------------------------------

Going out on a limb here

You heard it here first

RDM Wrong manager

We needed a Bastard, a real arrogant hated Bastard, but a Bastard that would scare the F*** out of the shite in a heartbeat.

That Bastard even wanted the job

Nigel Pearson

he would have got us up within 2 seasons.

RDM wont do it in 3

and if nothing drastic changes immediately.

The Status Quo will get us relegated with this lot.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Well there we have it Ladies & Gentlemen

live & free for all to see

New owner

new manager & staff

basically the same players

and what do we get?

The same F*****g shit!

we need

GK x1

RB x1

CDL x1

CDR x1

DM x1

RW x1

LW x1

CM x1

CF x2

then

Never again in a Villa shirt

Hutton

Richards

Lescott

Cissohko

Westwood

Bacuna

Sanchez

Sinclair

Gestede

Gaby

---------------------------------------

Going out on a limb here

You heard it here first

RDM Wrong manager

We needed a Bastard, a real arrogant hated Bastard, but a Bastard that would scare the F*** out of the shite in a heartbeat.

That Bastard even wanted the job

Nigel Pearson

he would have got us up within 2 seasons.

RDM wont do it in 3

and if nothing drastic changes immediately.

The Status Quo will get us relegated with this lot.

:lol:

the oracle has spoken.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

:lol:

the oracle has spoken.

No a villa fan on a site to discuss villa has given his opinion on villa. Do you disagree with his opinion? If so say why

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

No a villa fan on a site to discuss villa has given his opinion on villa. Do you disagree with his opinion? If so say why

I'll post what I want, thank you very much.

My opinion is that his post is hilarious.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Take the piss by all means

I love a bit of humour

but if you get called out on it, its pretty patronizing to call stumm, when someone posts an opinion because he's a concerned fan, and another shows interest in your reasons why you possibly disagree.

You are entitled to your own opinion here. But ridiculing another without stating why maybe a reason for people to not take you seriously anymore

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Let's just pack it in now, sod the season, and transfer window, LEAGUE 2 HERE WE COME!!!:crylaugh:

Man City got battered by Dortmund preseason surely they should Sack Guardiola now before it's too late?

Sorry or was it United, either way, sack Mourinho and PEP!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I am not confident at all as things stand. New manager, new owner, but 90% of the same players that served up a whole season of diabolical performances lacking in both ability and effort.

We need at least another 3 or 4 new players to come in who can walk into the side and I am not sure we will get them. If we don't then we are looking at mid table with this mob.

• Like 4

Didn't get to catch the game today but some thoughts based on the lineup. I'm not in complete meltdown mode because I think we still have a good bit of business left to do in the transfer market. With that said, I am about to lose it if I see another team sheet showing Gestede and Bacuna in the starting lineup. We also have to keep in mind that at some point Cissokho is going to make way for Amavi. The problem with Cissokho and Hutton is they can't be on the field at the same time. Both are serviceable when called upon but their deficiencies coupled together can be a disaster. I don't mind Hutton starting the season at RB. Gestede has to make way for a striker that can actually play with the ball at his feet. Bacuna is wank on and off the field and I think all of us will rejoice when he never puts on a Villa shirt ever again. I'm not sold on Baker starting with Elphick but am willing to take a wait and see approach on that front. He has had his fair share of decent games for us and I think he did pretty well on loan with Bristol City. Everyone flipping out needs to take a breather though and realize that Boro bossed the league last year and they have brought in some pretty good reinforcements for the upcoming PL season.

EDIT: Just saw the highlights and my word Baker. Boro's second goal where he gives it away and just starts sprinting out of position towards the player that made the interception is giving me nightmare flashbacks of Richards at CB. The other two goals seemed to materialize from the left side of defense so my point still stands that Amavi in for Cissokho will make a world of difference.

Edited by NSmith22

33 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Take the piss by all means

I love a bit of humour

but if you get called out on it, its pretty patronizing to call stumm, when someone posts an opinion because he's a concerned fan, and another shows interest in your reasons why you possibly disagree.

You are entitled to your own opinion here. But ridiculing another without stating why maybe a reason for people to not take you seriously anymore

a bad 45 in a pre-season game, 6 weeks in to a new owner and new manager, is reason to be sure that RDM is the wrong manager and couldn't get us promoted in three seasons - and likely to get us relegated from the championship?

I shouldn't have to spell out why that is worth ridiculing.

'The Concerned Fan' is not at all interested in my reasoning, and if he was he could re-read posts from the several discussions he and I have been involved in over the last week. I'm not into repeating myself on the whim of anyone trying to moderate the way I post - apart from the actual Moderators.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not confident at all as things stand. New manager, new owner, but 90% of the same players that served up a whole season of diabolical performances lacking in both ability and effort.

Agree 100%

We need at least another 3 or 4 new players to come in who can walk into the side and I am not sure we will get them. If we don't then we are looking at mid table with this mob.

mid-table?

I admire your optimizm :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

a bad 45 in a pre-season game, 6 weeks in to a new owner and new manager, is reason to be sure that RDM is the wrong manager and couldn't get us promoted in three seasons - and likely to get us relegated from the championship?

There you go

We have different opinions, no harm in that.

I hope we get promoted. I just dont think we will as we are.

Its the hardest job going.

4 hours ago, useless said:

Reaction to the defeat is completely over the top. Whilst it's nice to win games, friendlies don't really give an indication on what's to come the following season.

True, result are meaningless in friendlies. However we do get to see the limitations of the team which are obvious to see even for a blind man.

We have an embedded losing culture (especially at home) ingrained over 5 years...this isn't going to change overnight.

Lacking in every department.

Attitude and culture must change if we are any chance of promotion. Who is it that fosters and promotes our culture? The senior players.

Replace Gabby, Lescott, Sinclair, Hutton and replace them with players of similar ability and age - but a desire to win and an attitude of 100% effort at all times. Then there'd be a noticeable change on the pitch.

Â