Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Interestingly Pearsons teams have historically always had bad runs, usually mid season, no question.  Not just in the Premier League but pretty much everywhere he's been.  A bit more than most Mangers actually. It would be an interesting study to try and establish why.

However, their end position has always been good.

Interestingly, Moyes also has a heck of a reputation amongst Evertonians for having poor runs, but his tend to come at the start of the season, which maybe means people don't over focus on them.    Those I know who support them always reckoned he actually planned it that way, to start slower in order to be stronger when other teams started to weaken. Who knows ?

His end positions always came out good too.

Martin O 'Neill had quite the reputation for having bad runs from around March onwards.

However, our end position was always good too.

Interestingly, Martinez often had very poor starts and middles of seasons, until towards the end, when things would come good.  His ability to 'turn things around' (which is what you call it if you want to be positive about him) was one of his big selling points.

And these latter 3 examples were not managing newly promoted Clubs.

I've said it before and will say it again, some peoples hatred for Pearson, (based on diddly squat) is producing some very odd arguments against him.

Edited by terrytini

5 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I dont even think he is a good assistant.  To me it was no coincidence that we totally went to hell shortly after he came in.  Yes there were other things happened but him coming in was a major one.

Summer 2011?

I've said it before and will say it again, some peoples hatred for Pearson, (based on diddly squat) is producing some very odd arguments against him.

I haven't seen many people use the word 'hate' in their feelings towards Pearson. But whether I've missed that, or it's simply a 'dislike', I can almost guarantee that it's not based on 'diddly squat'.

It's based on him putting his hands round an opponents neck during a match, calling a journo a prick, bizarre comments to the press and generally appearing to be a bit of cock.

But you knew that, surely?

God we need a manager and soon - if it is pearson then so be it - let's see what he can do. I for one am happy with some basic direct footy again, keep Traore and another pacey winger the other side with Rudy and say Mcormack in the centre and then grealish behind plus 2 more new championship battle hardened mids and we will win games. 

7 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I haven't seen many people use the word 'hate' in their feelings towards Pearson. But whether I've missed that, or it's simply a 'dislike', I can almost guarantee that it's not based on 'diddly squat'.

It's based on him putting his hands round an opponents neck during a match, calling a journo a prick, bizarre comments to the press and generally appearing to be a bit of cock.

But you knew that, surely?

I'd be perfectly happy with him choking out Richards, Lescott et al. 

• Like 3

God we need a manager and soon - if it is pearson then so be it - let's see what he can do. I for one am happy with some basic direct footy again, keep Traore and another pacey winger the other side with Rudy and say Mcormack in the centre and then grealish behind plus 2 more new championship battle hardened mids and we will win games. 

3 at the back? That only leaves room for 3 defenders and a goalie.

I think given the situation, pearson is and will be the best option by far. Can't stand David moyes but i honestly don't think he's a realistic contender anyway.

I don't think the likes of Steve Bruce/mick mcarthy are anywhere near strong enough to sort this dressing room out and pearson looks like he has a real eye for a player.

Personality wise, I think he's a bit of an idiot but we've gone past the point of which we need to worry about how the manager looks on media interviews etc (I realise personality stretches further than media interviews). 

He did a fantastic job at Leicester and I believe with him and a new takeover, things start to look brighter much quicker.

What I will say though. A long with not wanting a director of football, I do not want a manager who doesn't come with a team already in place. Sick of waiting months for backroom staff.

Edited by Woodytom

57 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

My judgement is shot. 

I thought Ranieri would be a flop. I thought Richards and Lescott would be good for the team. I wanted Lambert and was won over by Sherwood. 

I thought Garde would get us firing again.

I know I wasn't alone in this, so I'm now content to sit back and give the new man a clean slate - be it Pearson or even Bruce - as it's clear I know **** all about what's good for Aston Villa.

Whoever decides to join us in the Championship would have to be a maniac anyway!

With you on everything aside from Ranieri, I actually wanted him here at one point.

• Like 1

It's crazy that Watford are going to get rid of Flores. Safety and a semi final to boot, what more do they want from their first season promoted?

A bad run of form is inevitable for promoted teams, the fact they're still mid-table surely outweighs that. 

Football's gone mad, it's not the game it used to be.

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

It's crazy that Watford are going to get rid of Flores. Safety and a semi final to boot, what more do they want from their first season promoted?

A bad run of form is inevitable for promoted teams, the fact they're still mid-table surely outweighs that. 

Football's gone mad, it's not the game it used to be.

It's puzzling how they've managed to get as high as they have, having got through seven managers in four years.  It's either genius ownership or just pure luck.  It might bite them on the arse methinks.

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

I rather we wait and make the correct decision. This season is  a total write off so it is pointless for a new manager to come in with 2 meaningless games left .However is this trusting the current regime to make a correct decision.