Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

You keep saying he's not a good manager, that's just your view not a fact- although I do respect your right to have this view, however I will point out that nobody on here from what I can make out is saying he is special or anything of the sort, moreover that he just might be the right fit at the right time. Surely you can appreciate this much?

"You keep saying he's not a good manager..."

No, I don't.

And no, I don't appreciate that he's the right fit, because I completely and utterly disagree with it.

I do, in fact, think Pearson is a "good" manager. I definitely do NOT think he is the right fit for us. I also don't think he's any better than half a dozen other managers we could get instead of him, most or all of whom would be a better fit.

5 hours ago, blandy said:

I know. I'm saying I think your judgement of his arse-ness is flawed and therefore I think your overall verdict is also flawed.

Fair enough. 

We'll agree to disagree, because from what I can see he's an arsehole.

And if he isn't and his actions were all due to the pressure, then that's not really a reason to not be concerned about it, imo.

5 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Out of the managers that have worked under Lerner in fact on MON is actually employed right now and that's in international football!

I might be wrong but I think MON is the only ex-Villa manager still in employment(well Lambert for 2 more weeks). DOL still had years in him but was a broken man after us, same with Gregory

Don't see the problem with Pearson. If he isn't a very good manager, then he'll fit right in with us.

Edited by MrDuck

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I might be wrong but I think MON is the only ex-Villa manager still in employment(well Lambert for 2 more weeks). DOL still had years in him but was a broken man after us, same with Gregory

We're a graveyard for managers. I think Garde might buck the trend though of former Villa managers fading into obscurity.

Edited by Mantis

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

We're a graveyard for managers. I think Garde might buck the trend though of former Villa managers fading into obscurity.

Aye. I think he got out before the rot set in so he gets to keep his managerial status while the others have all suffered amputation.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No, I don't.

And no, I don't appreciate that he's the right fit, because I completely and utterly disagree with it.

I do, in fact, think Pearson is a "good" manager. I definitely do NOT think he is the right fit for us. I also don't think he's any better than half a dozen other managers we could get instead of him, most or all of whom would be a better fit.

Who is your number one choice Stevo barring moyes?

Edited by Demitri_C

I've just searched the new manager thread from when Sherwood was appointed, (and when Pearson was at Leicester) Pearson only has two mentions, one suggestion of him or Nigel Adkins, and one person telling that person they must be joking.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No, I don't.

Out of interest Steve, Who would be your top 6 "realistic" appointments above and a better fit than Pearson?

Edited by Kingman

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

Really - I think he will be TV pundit forever more come the turn of the year. quite simply totally out of his depth

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Who is your number one choice Stevo barring moyes?

Well Moyes would be my number 1 choice. Not sure why I have to discount him.

57 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Out of interest Steve, Who would be your top 6 "realistic" appointments above and a better fit than Pearson?

Something like:

Moyes
Hughton
Karanka 
Bruce
Allardyce
Rowett

Off the top of my head. I'd throw McCarthy in there as well before Pearson.

Obviously not all of them will be available given at least one of them will be promoted into the premier league, or Allardyce might still be in it (although I don't think he will).

Rowett would be a risk, but if you're talking about managers who "fit", then I think he would certainly "fit".

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well Moyes would be my number 1 choice. Not sure why I have to discount him.

Something like:

Moyes
Hughton
Karanka 
Bruce
Allardyce
Rowett

Off the top of my head. I'd throw McCarthy in there as well before Pearson.

Obviously not all of them will be available given at least one of them will be promoted into the premier league.

Out of the list I would only take Moyes, hughton and Rowett over Pearson. (I would take alladyce but Sunderland wont let him go)

Bruce and Mccarthy are both poor managers in my opinion. Dont want either of them. If we are going to have to pay compensation I would rather go for Hughton any day over those two. Cant stand Bruce, he is 10x worse than Pearson.

Edited by Demitri_C

I think Allardyce will be available if Sunderland go down. It may be a compensation job, but I think they'd let him go.

So there's 4 names already that you'd have over Pearson.

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Allardyce will be available if Sunderland go down. It may be a compensation job, but I think they'd let him go.

So there's 4 names already that you'd have over Pearson.

Yes but regardless of that, that doesnt mean Pearson is as awful as some are suggesting.  Lerner wont pay compo for any of those managers. If Alladyce is available I would definitely be happy with him. 

30 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I'd take Pearson over Bruce - and Pearson isn't top of my list. I still hope Moyes is appointed as I think he'll get us up at the first attempt.

Agree.  My problem with Pearson though is that he doesnt have his backrooom staff.  Big part of a manager being any good if you ask me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes but regardless of that, that doesnt mean Pearson is as awful as some are suggesting.

I don't think many people, if any, have suggested Pearson is an awful manager.

Just that he'd be an awful appointment.

There's a difference.

Doesn't matter who we want the people in charge are letting us drift around with no direction into arguably our most important season ever, we should be preparing for next season now it's bordering on a complete disaster if this stand off for a buyer continues.

From Prepared to Unprepared in  4 seasons.

Not his biggest fan but Allardyce would be miles better than Pearson for me.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Really - I think he will be TV pundit forever more come the turn of the year. quite simply totally out of his depth

Virtually anybody would look out of depth under this owner and managing these players.