Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

20 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I haven't seen many people use the word 'hate' in their feelings towards Pearson. But whether I've missed that, or it's simply a 'dislike', I can almost guarantee that it's not based on 'diddly squat'.

It's based on him putting his hands round an opponents neck during a match, calling a journo a prick, bizarre comments to the press and generally appearing to be a bit of cock.

But you knew that, surely?

That list is diddly squat.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well that small glimmer of hope of getting Dyche is now dashed

The idea of Dyche, a forward thinking, driven, currently employed manager with sound working conditions, a settled squad and a happy fanbase working under Randy **** Lerner now is crazy talk. Whether they had been promoted or not. 

39 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think at the minute so long as Gary Megson, Howard Wilkinson, O'Leary again or Curbishley don't rock up I'll be happy.

McLaren it is, then.

3 hours ago, Juju said:

And as Leicester City with the league, let's remember, that Pearson's "backroom boys" are still there.  And in fact have done better without his presence in the managers room, replaced by the til relatively recently, discredited Ranieri. 

If Pearson was arriving WITH his backroom squad, and could be "managed" I'd be enthusiastic but it seems we're going to get stuck solely with the "weak link" in the team.

Please do not believe for a second, that Pearson is the great manager/leader we want. Indeed, it seems under them, Leicester were a poorer side than they are without him. That's not a manager I want for Villa.  Someone who's epitaph is "I was at Leicester, and they improved markedly when was sacked, having previously been flirting with relegation".

But it seems the refusal to appoint anyone til a takeover, which none of us believe will happen with any speed due to the owners complete and total incompetence and his sizable personal "issues", will simply ensure we go weeks if not months without a crucial appointment. This makes shedding of the squad of abject and total failures we have and it's urgent rebuilding, grossly delayed. This ensures next season is already a write off, and quite possibly League 1 our final destiny before the rot stops. 

Thinking he may have been the one who chose his backroom staff, this bollox again ffs.

• Like 2

Wonder how long we as a club can leave it and indeed how long our targets will be prepared to wait for the takeover to be resolved one way or the other.

I would suggest that if we get to the end of May with no change then we may have to start looking at getting someone in place or completely bugger up any remote chance of trying to return at the first attempt to the Premiership.

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Wonder how long we as a club can leave it and indeed how long our targets will be prepared to wait for the takeover to be resolved one way or the other.

I would suggest that if we get to the end of May with no change then we may have to start looking at getting someone in place or completely bugger up any remote chance of trying to return at the first attempt to the Premiership.

We won't appoint a manager now until the season ends. 

I hope one will swiftly follow, along with (more importantly) a pink slip for E Black Esq. 

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

It seems incredible to me  that mysterious investors who haven't yet put a penny into the club are able to influence the appointment of the next villa manager. Its comparable to the Labour party letting anyone pay £3 and have a vote in the leadership, and look what happened there.

I don't believe it, I believe we are waiting for the manager of another club, and thats why Stevie Bruces odds have tumbled. 

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

It seems incredible to me  that mysterious investors who haven't yet put a penny into the club are able to influence the appointment of the next villa manager. Its comparable to the Labour party letting anyone pay £3 and have a vote in the leadership, and look what happened there.

I don't believe it, I believe we are waiting for the manager of another club, and thats why Stevie Bruces odds have tumbled. 

It's not really that though is it?

It's pointless in Randy appointing a new manager with new backroom staff now just for new owners to come in and sack them. Especially if Randy is confident of a sale. Hollis himself has said that the club won't be making any additions to the club staff whilst takeover negotiations are in progress. It does make sense really.

It also makes sense why the football board decided to resign because there's nothing they can do til the takeover is sorted one way or another. I highly doubt they resigned because they are not a fan of a Steve Bruce type manager but Randy was pushing for it.  

And on that note, @PieFacE, it encourages me to hear them say things like that, because any prospective new owner will also be acutely aware that any delay in the takeover is impacting on their ability to prepare the club for next season and promotion at the first time of asking.  So it's currently in no-one's interest to delay the takeover, hopefully resulting in a relatively speedy resolution.  I would hope that behind the scenes, people are working flat out to get it done.

55 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It also makes sense why the football board decided to resign because there's nothing they can do til the takeover is sorted one way or another. I highly doubt they resigned because they are not a fan of a Steve Bruce type manager but Randy was pushing for it.  

It constantly amazes me how the notion that they resigned because the owner failed to promise the resources necessary to make the changes they identified seems so incredibly hard for people to grasp

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

It constantly amazes me how the notion that they resigned because the owner failed to promise the resources necessary to make the changes they identified seems so incredibly hard for people to grasp

I don't think him providing resources to make changes was the issue at all. He didn't have any issue stumping up the millions it would have taken to pay off Garde, just like he didn't have any issues in stumping up the millions to pay off Fox, Sherwood and his staff, Lambert......

In fairness though like you and everybody else in this thread I am happy to acknowledge I am just guessing.

14 minutes ago, Richard said:
  14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would hope that behind the scenes, people are working flat out to get it done.

14 minutes ago, Richard said:

nope

Nope? surely he is allowed to hope isn't he :)

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

VILLATALK Forum member with obvious biased agenda

19 hours ago, Juju said:

And as Leicester City with the league, let's remember, that Pearson's "backroom boys" are still there.  And in fact have done better without his presence in the managers room, replaced by the til relatively recently, discredited Ranieri. 

If Pearson was arriving WITH his backroom squad, and could be "managed" I'd be enthusiastic but it seems we're going to get stuck solely with the "weak link" in the team.

Please do not believe for a second, that Pearson is the great manager/leader we want. Indeed, it seems under them, Leicester were a poorer side than they are without him. That's not a manager I want for Villa.  Someone who's epitaph is "I was at Leicester, and they improved markedly when was sacked, having previously been flirting with relegation".

But it seems the refusal to appoint anyone til a takeover, which none of us believe will happen with any speed due to the owners complete and total incompetence and his sizable personal "issues", will simply ensure we go weeks if not months without a crucial appointment. This makes shedding of the squad of abject and total failures we have and it's urgent rebuilding, grossly delayed. This ensures next season is already a write off, and quite possibly League 1 our final destiny before the rot stops. 

LEICESTER CITY FAN

17 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Finally, a MASSIVE thank you to Nigel Pearson for rescuing our club in 2008 and again in 2011 and starting this incredible journey! #LCFC

:rolleyes:

• Like 1