Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's going to be Pearson and Black isn't it

This club really is a joke

Our only hope is that new owners come in with some sense and have someone else in mind

As someone said earlier why on earth assume it will be shit ? IF it's Pearson, who I take it you don't want, it doesn't follow that it will then be shit does it ? You may not like him but it isn't like wed be appointing my missus. And IF it's Pearson why assume it will also be Black ? And if it is why assume that will be shit too ?

Things are bad enough as they are without writing us off over imagined appointments for failings they may not have !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

As someone said earlier why on earth assume it will be shit ? IF it's Pearson, who I take it you don't want, it doesn't follow that it will then be shit does it ? You may not like him but it isn't like wed be appointing my missus. And IF it's Pearson why assume it will also be Black ? And if it is why assume that will be shit too ?

Things are bad enough as they are without writing us off over imagined appointments for failings they may not have !!

Exactly. What do people expect. We are now a championship club so do you think Mourinho or Blanc are going to come riding out of the sunset. Get real !!!!. If we can get Pearson to manage this shambles we should all be grateful and get back to reality

16 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Leicester play some good stuff, very fast paced, back to front quickly and lots of one-two touch stuff.

I prefer this football to boring, dull, possession based football and knock off, tiki taka, Barcelona wannbe shite that you see a lot of these days.

any time I watch Leicester they always try bring the ball forward rarely negative pass back to defence, they really are far from defensive

Pearson is not my choice but he will get my support. Job isn't easy so providing he gets the initial part right (getting rid of the toxic players rather than incorporating them) he will continue to get my support. I do not want the likes of Lescott, Richards and Gabby in the championship. 

7 hours ago, settle villa said:

Exactly. What do people expect. We are now a championship club so do you think Mourinho or Blanc are going to come riding out of the sunset. Get real !!!!. If we can get Pearson to manage this shambles we should all be grateful and get back to reality

Yes... because there are not other managers out there better than Pearson currently

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Yes... because there are not other managers out there better than Pearson currently

Can you name some of these other achievable managers?? In an ideal world Pearson wouldn't be me my first choice but we are where we are and we need a certain type. Pearson fits that bill. 

Have already made a similar comment in the Black thread, but if we cannot get a new manager to start next week, I would sack Black now and have Brian Little run the team until the end of the season!  I know the same players would no doubt put in the same performances but at least the fans would be fully supportive of Little.  The atmosphere alone for the Newcastle game would improve.  The longer he stays, Black is seriously causing more damage.

Looks like its going to be pearson then. Not my preferred choice at all but ill back him 100%. Got to give him credit if he takesthe job as im sure he has had many offers that are not as shambolic as this one.

Just hope to god black isnt kept on

This is an attractive opportunity as someone has the chance to create a club in their own image . We are that desperately shambolic it allows that opportunity. Just on the playing side alone we need everything! We need players in every area of the pitch and we need a defined style of football. We have neither. Off the pitch the is literally no supporting structure to the first team or football side at all.  We are a football club in name only as we do not have anyone in a position of responsibility or authority who has the slightest clue about football.  The new man starts with a blank canvas , not having to spend ages changing something there is there as there is literally  nothing there 

• Like 2

Obviously Pearson is the cheap option compared with Moyes.

Good choice, this penny pinching lark has seen us come good before...

FWIW Pearson is raging moron. A bullying buffoon who. Oh, and he isn't a very good manager.

• Like 3

People have to get a bit real to the changing circumstances here. Pearson has proven Championship pedigree and has achieved promotion before. He knows the league.  Even if he is a moron.

Moyes is the dream but he just isn't what we need right now. He'd be out of his depth in the Championship.

My ideal manager would be spadeface but I doubt we can afford his compensation. He's done this time and time again and could do it with us.

It may hurt to read, but names like Bruce, Pearson and Warnock (god forbid) are exactly the sort of people we need to be looking at. Even if Mourinho wanted to manage us I'm not sure he'd be the right option... 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I worry about Pearson's volatility and lack of self-control. We need someone disciplined but also calm and steady.

Weren't Leicester winning 6/7 games when he was making his Ostrich comment?

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Weren't Leicester winning 6/7 games when he was making his Ostrich comment?

I wasn't referring to that.

By the way, it's also worth bearing in mind that Leicester were absolute dogshit and almost as bad as we have been for most of that season. Obviously Ranieri has carried on from that but there's no guarantee Pearson would've done the same.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wasn't referring to that.

By the way, it's also worth bearing in mind that Leicester were absolute dogshit and almost as bad as we have been for most of that season. Obviously Ranieri has carried on from that but there's no guarantee Pearson would've done the same.

Disagree Leicester were playing not bad all season. They were not however getting the rub of the green and results, but we're playing well! 

They were nothing like us this season totally wrong in your comparison again!  

4 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Disagree Leicester were playing not bad all season. They were not however getting the rub of the green and results, but we're playing well! 

They were nothing like us this season totally wrong in your comparison again!  

They had a similar points tally to us up until about March I think. They weren't playing as bad but they were still awful and one could argue that again up until a certain point this season (probably Liverpool at home) we have been playing better than our points suggest and not getting the rub of the green either.

Again?

Edited by Mantis

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Who exactly is on this long list of available managers, that would be willing to 

1. Manage in the championship

2. Work with current regime

3. Deal with all of the players who have massively let the club down

4. Currently have no money to spend

If you have a list of really good people I am more than willing to see it. 

46 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Pearson has proven Championship pedigree.

Pearson knows the league.

Moyes would be out of his depth in the Championship.

I just don't get any of these sound bites that people keep reeling off because they think Pearson would be a good choice, it just sounds like fluff (not specifically attacking you Spoony, yours was just the most recent posts)

'knows the league'- what does he know about the league, that its 42 games long instead of 38? I think it's born from the myth that football in the Championship is drastically different from anywhere else. If we're looking for extensive knowledge of the players in that league, well that's why managers having coaching staff and scouts.

For what it's worth, Moyes has also managed in the championship and his work there for him the Everton job, so I don't understand why he would be out of his depth?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, settle villa said:

Who exactly is on this long list of available managers, that would be willing to 

1. Manage in the championship

2. Work with current regime

3. Deal with all of the players who have massively let the club down

4. Currently have no money to spend

If you have a list of really good people I am more than willing to see it. 

I'd be a lot more accepting of Pearson if there's no takeover. If there is a takeover though and the new owners want to make a real push for promotion I can't for the life of me understand why they'd want Pearson.

• Like 2