Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

With regards to Pearson, I think the plan is that he'll be our next manager if the takeover collapses but if it does go ahead it'll be up to the new owners to decide whether they want him.

I dont think Pearson or any manager would wait around for such time. Knowing this club a takeover wont happen until September 2nd

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Pearson or any manager would wait around for such time. Knowing this club a takeover wont happen until September 2nd

He might not be waiting around - it may be the case that he'll take another job if one comes up that interests him (we can only hope).

On 28 April 2016 at 17:56, DamsonwoodVillan said:

Total hypocrisy from a lot of fans so nostalgic for the Gregory era!

We had darn good players in those days. Yes his first run when he took over was amazing, but I think it went sour for him quickly when we went from top at Christmas to finishing 6th. 

Villa fans of the time moaned constantly of the dour football Gregory served up, and his ridiculous public spats with Ellis and some of the players. In those days we did truly have a squad that should have done better. He was a big disappointment in the most part for me, but stole the hearts of the fans for being a 'Villa man'.

Everything in life is relative and football is no different.

for those that like champagne football and pour scorn on the ugly side of the game....welcome to the real world.

Don't be surprised if Athletico win it.

John Gregory did produce some dour stuff and it wasn't to some folks liking....but it was respectable.

We must have had a few lessons over the last few seasons of what is actually....ok

In my humble opinion, we have got carried away in recent seasons with the purist side of the game and forgot what the ugly side really brings.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The myth of "dull" football.

Good football is winning football.

Not so Stevo: Gregory's fayre was pretty dull stuff, despite a reasonable win percentage. Also the type of football Mouriniho plays comes under scrutiny quite frequently. 

if you want to talk about entertaining football, lets talk Big Ron's teams shall we?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You misunderstand me.

If Villa played like a Mourinho team and we won the premier league, none of us would be moaning about dull football.

Dull football is what neutrals moan about when they've got nothing else to criticise a team about. It's the same reason why people are doing it with Leicester now. Do you think any Leicester fans give a flying **** what kind of football they're playing? The only time fans moan about the dull football their own team are playing is when they're either losing football matches (like us the last few seasons) or they have won so many football matches for so long that they have the luxury of giving a shit.

The style of football our next manager plays is completely irrelevant, as long as it wins football matches. I'd rather we played so called "dull" football and won the Championship than played entertaining football and finished mid table.

So...Pulis, then?

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You misunderstand me.

If Villa played like a Mourinho team and we won the premier league, none of us would be moaning about dull football.

Dull football is what neutrals moan about when they've got nothing else to criticise a team about. It's the same reason why people are doing it with Leicester now. Do you think any Leicester fans give a flying **** what kind of football they're playing? The only time fans moan about the dull football their own team are playing is when they're either losing football matches (like us the last few seasons) or they have won so many football matches for so long that they have the luxury of giving a shit.

The style of football our next manager plays is completely irrelevant, as long as it wins football matches. I'd rather we played so called "dull" football and won the Championship than played entertaining football and finished mid table.

Spot on....I think the criticism of Leicester is comical......We had all that too in 80/81

The critics are jealous b******* who have had their noses pushed out of joint.

Edited by TRO

Gotta love the people complaining about Leicester becoming champions playing  "the wrong way " :crylaugh:

It's always about adapting the way you play to get the most / best out of the players you have available.

Ranieri and his team have done an amazing job at this, really hope they don't falter at the last step.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Celtic are going to have about 10 managers at this rate.

Moyes will go to Celtic I reckon, he knows it's the only way he'll win a trophy.

• Like 1

The thing with the Celtic job is people thing Moyes is nailed on because of the media. Unfortunately, the media, as always, can't make it's mind up and is linking every Tom, Dick and Gaddafi with the Celtic job. At the moment I think Lambert is odds on?

I think it's safe to say, with Hollis' words the other day, he doesn't even know who we'll pick as our next manager, let alone Cindy 23 from Essex in The Sun.

8 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

So...Pulis, then?

No.

But for the reason that I don't think he'd get us promoted, not because of his style of football.

I stand by it, if we played like West Brom have played this season, but finished top of the championship. none of us (or at least only the very small minority) would care what it looked like.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Gotta love the people complaining about Leicester becoming champions playing  "the wrong way " :crylaugh:

It's always about adapting the way you play to get the most / best out of the players you have available.

Ranieri and his team have done an amazing job at this, really hope they don't falter at the last step.

Yep. It's almost as if people think they should play football in a more attractive manner even though it would mean not being as good.

It's ridiculous, and as I said usually argued by jealous fans who can't think of anything else to criticise a team about.

• Like 2