Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Leicester play some good stuff, very fast paced, back to front quickly and lots of one-two touch stuff.

I prefer this football to boring, dull, possession based football and knock off, tiki taka, Barcelona wannbe shite that you see a lot of these days.

• Like 1

On 29 April 2016 at 08:27, Stevo985 said:

The myth of "dull" football.

Good football is winning football.

With a few exceptions you could turn that round as well - i.e. dull football is losing football.

I suspect I'm not the only one that think that games with no or few chances created, with safety first football, where teams are set up not to lose, or even worse (I'm looking at you Mcleish) are set up to lose, but not too heavily are dull.

Teams like the current Leicester one and Atletico Madrid are far from dull.

Pretty much the only exceptions to my stupid little rule of "dull football is losing football" are any team ever managed by George Graham. Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce are borderline examples too, perhaps (though they mostly didn't particularly win lots of games).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I just hope to god whoever comes in, he calls Eric Black in to his office first thing and tells him to go home and never come back.

I'm fairly sure he'll be resigning at the end of the season regardless of what happens. 

Just now, villarocker said:

Seriously, anybody that thinks a new owner, new manager, new backroom staff and even just a handful of this squad next season will see us OK, is deluded! 

It all depends who those factors are though.

All of those factors could have a positive effect on the club - especially management and backroom staff.

Priority is getting the negative elements out of the club - that will be a relief and a positive in itself.

We can't write off next season without knowing what state we'll be in come kick-off on the first game.

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It all depends who those factors are though.

All of those factors could have a positive effect on the club - especially management and backroom staff.

Priority is getting the negative elements out of the club - that will be a relief and a positive in itself.

We can't write off next season without knowing what state we'll be in come kick-off on the first game.

Exactly.

So tired of people acting like it's guaranteed things will be shit next season no matter what. A lot could change.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

With a few exceptions you could turn that round as well - i.e. dull football is losing football.

I suspect I'm not the only one that think that games with no or few chances created, with safety first football, where teams are set up not to lose, or even worse (I'm looking at you Mcleish) are set up to lose, but not too heavily are dull.

Teams like the current Leicester one and Atletico Madrid are far from dull.

Pretty much the only exceptions to my stupid little rule of "dull football is losing football" are any team ever managed by George Graham. Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce are borderline examples too, perhaps (though they mostly didn't particularly win lots of games).

Well exactly. That is really my point.

The only time "dull" football is worth moaning about is when it's losing football. That's when it'd dull for fans.

If the so called "dull" football wins you the league, then no fan of that team is calling it dull.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well exactly. That is really my point.

The only time "dull" football is worth moaning about is when it's losing football. That's when it'd dull for fans.

If the so called "dull" football wins you the league, then no fan of that team is calling it dull.

Stevo- with respect this is where your missing the point. Chelsea won the league playing some pretty dull stuff at times, call it pragmatic if you prefer and yes there were Chelsea fans calling it this way. Was this complaining? probably not but calling it as it was, then yes!

30 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Lots of speculation that Pearson is a done deal - Hollis and Pearson were in a pub together according to reports. 

I would be happy for this to be the case. I am convinced he is the best we can get 

• Like 1

Telegraph reporting the announcement about pearson is on hold until a takeover is complete and his appointment would need rubber stamping by the new owner(s).

I'm underwhelmed by this news and think this will be another disaster to add to the catalogue.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Telegraph reporting the announcement about pearson is on hold until a takeover is complete and his appointment would need rubber stamping by the new owner(s).

I'm underwhelmed by this news and think this will be another disaster to add to the catalogue.

Boy are the Telegraph convinced the takeover is in progress. 

It's going to be Pearson and Black isn't it

This club really is a joke

Our only hope is that new owners come in with some sense and have someone else in mind

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No.

But for the reason that I don't think he'd get us promoted, not because of his style of football.

I stand by it, if we played like West Brom have played this season, but finished top of the championship. none of us (or at least only the very small minority) would care what it looked like.

Whilst on the whole I agree with you, I think this view has to be tempered by where we are. Whilst ' nice' football is no good if you are losing, getting points and being dull won't keep fans happy for long.

I recall not long ago Lambert was doing enough to keep us up - barely, I agree - so/and a large part of the criticism in his final season was due to the appalling quality. Yes, people were unhappy at results too, but performances, and the style of them, was slated.

I remember myself reaching the end of my tether with him over the quality, not the points.....it had just become awful to watch, I'd have given anything to see us play well ! I don't mean pretty, or 1000 passes. It doesn't even have to be attacking. But in the end you need to be entertained which comes from points and performance over the longer term.

Quickly off the top of my head LVG at United, BFSam at West Ham, Pulis at WBA ......many unhappy fans.

And I recall watching Gregory's Villa and really disliking an awful lot of it.

So I very much agree with you on the one hand....and as a Club we need few years of winning, anyway we can, but I don't think it's clear cut.

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I wouldn't be too worried. I expect by the time the 'takeover' is killed we'll be left with Eric Black or Cilla Black's rotting corpse to choose from. And we'll end up with the wrong choice and appoint Eric.

• Like 2