Keinan Davis

a-k

12 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

So you’re telling me that you’d prefer someone who doesn’t appear offensively rather than who’s always threating opponents?

I very well remember Davis chances, and those actually which made me liking him and putting faith on him. 

For me, I’d worry if he isn’t having chances. I remember a stat that Samatta didn’t have more than one shot post lockdown. 

If we started counting the chances missed by Watkins we won’t stop. Yet that’s exactly the interesting part. For me, it’s not only about finishing, but positioning and the ability to be at the right place. 

Trez is one of our worst players in terms of shooting the ball, yet he’s our second goal scorer and was a threat just because of his positioning (particularly in set pieces). 

By the way, I really like Watkins, but it won’t harm to give Davis a chance while trying Watkins as a RW. 
You’ll see for example people judging Davis against Man City (the best team in the league) which isn’t fair at all. To judge a player you need him in a run of games. 

Sometimes, one thing can change a lot. El Ghazi goal at Wolves changed his form and confidence. His performance against Burnley was again great. He had bad finished but his tries were encouraging.

who does he play rugby for?

Davis does offer a certain dimension that Watkins doesn't, but I just don't see it being worthwhile.

Who do you drop to bring Watkins out wide? Trez/El Ghazi? I'm not convinced Watkins is going to offer much more out wide than either of them, so we're dropping a good winger to accommodate a rubbish forward. Is his hold up play going to create more goals for the midfield than Watkins can contribute? Again, I don't think so.

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Davis does offer a certain dimension that Watkins doesn't, but I just don't see it being worthwhile.

Who do you drop to bring Watkins out wide? Trez/El Ghazi? I'm not convinced Watkins is going to offer much more out wide than either of them, so we're dropping a good winger to accommodate a rubbish forward. Is his hold up play going to create more goals for the midfield than Watkins can contribute? Again, I don't think so.

Watkins seems very dangerous when he have the ball in the wing. I think he’ll offer a lot more than Trez and El Ghazi offensively. 
Anyway its just a case of trying something new possibly during the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't blame the lad, I don't think he is good enough anyway, but even if he was, what's the point in 5 minutes? He's been dreadfully mismanaged during his time here. 

I think it's outrageous we've not prioritised a backup striker in January. An Injury to Watkins basically ends our season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

How anyone can think he will come good, needs to give there head a wobble, he’s shit can’t even do the simple thing like control a ball....get rid surely someone will buy him

So because he came on wit 5 minutes left, and miscontrolled a ball, he now CANT control a ball.

In that case they are ALL shit.

I knew people would find a reason to slate him, especially given the result.

There are probably some "favourites" in other threads who actually deserve the slagging tonight.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Should've been on in the double sub, giving him just three minutes to make an impact is asking a lot.

Bit odd we're saying he's Ollie's backup and yet he's not the go to man off the bench as soon as we go a goal down or the game is level.

I'd still loan him out and get in a striker next 5 days. In the short term it's simply the best solution.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Should've been on in the double sub, giving him just three minutes to make an impact is asking a lot.

Bit odd we're saying he's Ollie's backup and yet he's not the go to man off the bench as soon as we go a goal down or the game is level.

I'd still loan him out and get in a striker next 5 days. In the short term it's simply the best solution.

Loan him out?? He is absolutely bloody awful and I think he would fail to hit double figures in League 2 and maybe even a league or two lower than that. 

A striker who can't score goals is not worth loaning out. Need to get rid and bring in a proper footballer as a replacement.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't blame the lad, I don't think he is good enough anyway, but even if he was, what's the point in 5 minutes?

Yes and no. 

If he was good enough, then there is a decent chance he gets a super sub goal like late subs do for other teams.

But yes, because he’s not good enough, then 5 mins or 50 mins if not going to be enough.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So because he came on wit 5 minutes left, and miscontrolled a ball, he now CANT control a ball.

There are probably some "favourites" in other threads who actually deserve the slagging tonight.

There are a few "favourites" who need a few hometruths, for sure.

that was a mentality problem and too many, just not stopping them from coming forward.

• Like 1

It surely can't help his development playing 7 minutes here and there when we are chasing a match. He needs to play football if he's ever to improve. Hope we find a short term fix in the next few days and sort that position out in the summer 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His 1st touch has always been crap, Doesn’t matter if you give him 90mins or 5mins he won’t score, proven last season when he started at the end of the season, he isn’t good enough

• Like 3

Not having a proper option off the bench could cost us this season.

This guy coming in and having to potentially play 20 games (should something really bad happen to Watkins) would be a disaster, I don't understand why we didn't prioritise a replacement first in the summer and now again in January. Even just getting someone on loan until Wesley is fit again would help.

• Like 2

Â