Keinan Davis

a-k

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So because he came on wit 5 minutes left, and miscontrolled a ball, he now CANT control a ball.

In that case they are ALL shit.

I knew people would find a reason to slate him, especially given the result.

There are probably some "favourites" in other threads who actually deserve the slagging tonight.

I agree others should get slated but he provides nothing when he comes on and didnt disappoint even in his three minutes, it's just a waste of a substitution.  He needs to go out on loan and we get somebody else in.  I agree he's not going to get any better with five minutes here or there but at the same time I dont want him to have any more time than that because he doesnt offer anything effective for us.

19 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Not having a proper option off the bench could cost us this season.

This guy coming in and having to potentially play 20 games (should something really bad happen to Watkins) would be a disaster, I don't understand why we didn't prioritise a replacement first in the summer and now again in January. Even just getting someone on loan until Wesley is fit again would help.

Yarp

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I have always liked Davis but if we are shipping the likes of Hourihane out because we are improving the squad, then there is absolutely no way he should be getting minutes. 

I think the main issue is that strikers worth their salt are alot more difficult and costly to come by.

So they are going by what they see as priority first IMO.

Pre FFP this might have been a totally different story.

Having said that, still a few days left in the window so we never know.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

100% this. Hourihane offered a great deal more than Davis. 

but Davis is not the problem.....its a side issue.

Ollie did great tonight......We allow teams with more physical aggression than us to take control.....its putrid, that part of our game.

Dyche could sense it and at Half time, let them know......Jack takes a few tumbles, but many of them are doing it now, instead of standing strong....they are not Jack.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I have always liked Davis but if we are shipping the likes of Hourihane out because we are improving the squad, then there is absolutely no way he should be getting minutes. 

It did kind of reek of desperation throwing him on today. Do you think he might be able to contribute in some other games when we’re holding out for a win, perhaps? Like say if it’s 1-2 us tonight and we just lump it to him to take down and hold onto. 

1 minute ago, SuperTed said:

It did kind of reek of desperation throwing him on today. Do you think he might be able to contribute in some other games when we’re holding out for a win, perhaps? Like say if it’s 1-2 us tonight and we just lump it to him to take down and hold onto. 

He was brought on for Physicality, pure and simple.....we was lacking it.

but unfortunatley, in the wrong area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

but Davis is not the problem.....its a side issue.

Ollie did great tonight......We allow teams with more physical aggression than us to take control.....its putrid, that part of our game.

Dyche could sense it and at Half time, let them know......Jack takes a few tumbles, but many of them are doing it now, instead of standing strong....they are not Jack.

This is a brilliant take on the issue. I do like a bit of sensible conversation on VT.

Now... back to inappropriate gifs

alison brie hair flip GIF

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I don't mind him coming on to see a game out. I have a real issue with him being brought on when we need a goal however

Genuinely think Chris Samba is a better goal option

I do not think Davis is what we need anymore to be fair, great bloke good attitude but we should sell on or move him on and bring someone else in who can come from the bench and score for us.

Personally I'd move Barry into the first team ahead of Davis, hes proved he can at least score and against liverpool as well. If we are not going to buy a striker this january yet we need to sub Watkins off because hes shattered I just do not see any other choice but to bring Barry onto that subs bench.

11 hours ago, rbcuk said:

How anyone can think he will come good, needs to give there head a wobble, he’s shit can’t even do the simple thing like control a ball....get rid surely someone will buy him

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Loan him out?? He is absolutely bloody awful and I think he would fail to hit double figures in League 2 and maybe even a league or two lower than that. 

A striker who can't score goals is not worth loaning out. Need to get rid and bring in a proper footballer as a replacement.

10 hours ago, rbcuk said:

His 1st touch has always been crap, Doesn’t matter if you give him 90mins or 5mins he won’t score, proven last season when he started at the end of the season, he isn’t good enough

I think he needs to start in the Southampton game and given atleast 60 minutes.

While he is still with us, we should give the lad a chance to show us if there is anything hidden within and for more than 5 minutes in a game too. 

He is clearly a young lad who is nervous and just wants a decent chance, he is desperate to do well for the club and it shows in the very few opportunities he has been given so far.

If we can't/don't sign a striker that we need/want right now then we may aswell give Davis a crack and utilise what we have until that other striker arrives.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think he needs to start in the Southampton game and given atleast 60 minutes.

Lolol. You can't be serious? 

Southampton are a difficult enough opponent without playing them without a striker. 

He isn't even League 1 standard (maybe even lower as I've said before) and should be absolutely nowhere near the Villa first team. Another Delfouneso. The sooner we can get him off the books and replace him the better. 

• Like 1

Â