Keinan Davis

a-k

50 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Who and what do we replace him with and how and when will that happen to do think?

Louie Barry would be an immediate improvement for a start. Scored against Liverpool and bagged a hattrick last week. 

Davies couldn't score a hat trick against an under 5's team playing without a goalkeeper.  Never seen sucj an ineffective "stiker" in all my time as  Villa fan. And that includes Balaban.

44 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You simply can't judge him rationally on coming into a match we've collapsed with no match fitness.

He might not be good enough, but loan him out and see how he does after 20-30 matches.

there's no point judging him on yesterday imo. but he just never scores which is not what we need from a striker. we're in the unfortunate situation where he is our only backup striker available off the bench which is something I hope we aim to address with Wesley still not match fit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

there's no point judging him on yesterday imo. but he just never scores which is not what we need from a striker. we're in the unfortunate situation where he is our only backup striker available off the bench which is something I hope we aim to address with Wesley still not match fit.

I can't see us going out and spending the kind of money we would need to spend on a striker to give Watkins some real competition. I think the plan is keep using Davis until Wesley is ready to come back and hope Watkins doesn't get injured in the mean time. 

I think Davis should go on loan before the end of this window as he needs consistent game time. Promote Barry to the subs bench and hope Wesley is available in the next 6-8 weeks. 

20 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I can't see us going out and spending the kind of money we would need to spend on a striker to give Watkins some real competition. I think the plan is keep using Davis until Wesley is ready to come back and hope Watkins doesn't get injured in the mean time. 

I think Davis should go on loan before the end of this window as he needs consistent game time. Promote Barry to the subs bench and hope Wesley is available in the next 6-8 weeks. 

I think a loan here would be an option, don't think we should go for a permanent signing in this position.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Louie Barry would be an immediate improvement for a start. Scored against Liverpool and bagged a hattrick last week. 

I would love to see Louie Barry promoted to the first team without a doubt and if he is the answer until the end of the season I wouldn't be against it.

However, like it's been said by a few others, until we can get that other striker in the door then we need to utalise Keinan a bit more.

We do need someone like Eduoard or Abraham imo, but I don't see us landing either of those type of players until next season and depending if we are in any European competition or not to help lure players of that ilk to the club.

32 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I agree and maybe it is one of the reasons why Smith is going to stick with Davis for now.

It may seem evident that a loan from now until the summer on a striker is the quick ideal solution it would appear, but if there is no one decent available to loan then there's no point taking anyone for the sake of it.

Also the fact that any loan club may want a loan fee or insist on the player playing x amount of games in them joining us too?

Would any decent striker be happy to come in on loan knowing he will mostly on the bench in rotation with Davis and Wesley once he returns?

Do we bench Ollie aswell to accommodate the loan? Where does a returning Wesley fit in?

I think on this occasion we should keep the money in the pot for now and give the backup job to Keinan for the rest of the reason (until Wesley is fot) to stake his claim and look at the situation come the end of the season.

39 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Surely the expectation should be that wesley isnt going to play much football this season. They were saying last year that his target of return was feb this year. Then it was Feb or march. Now its march or april. Even if he does come back in april he will be a long way off the pace I'd have thought. Really dangerous in my opinion playing the second half of this season with one premier league striker. Most teams have 3 available.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree and maybe it is one of the reasons why Smith is going to stick with Davis for now.

It may seem evident that a loan from now until the summer on a striker is the quick ideal solution it would appear, but if there is no one decent available to loan then there's no point taking anyone for the sake of it.

Also the fact that any loan club may want a loan fee or insist on the player playing x amount of games in them joining us too?

Would any decent striker be happy to come in on loan knowing he will mostly on the bench in rotation with Davis and Wesley once he returns?

Do we bench Ollie aswell to accommodate the loan? Where does a returning Wesley fit in?

I think on this occasion we should keep the money in the pot for now and give the backup job to Keinan for the rest of the reason (until Wesley is fot) to stake his claim and look at the situation come the end of the season.

I think this all depends on how confident we are of Ollie staying fit (looks fit as a fiddle tbf!) but it's an obvious risk since freak accidents can happens (case in point, Wesley).

Also I think this depends on how much trust we have in Keinan to cover while we're still waiting on Wesley to recover and how far along that recovery Wesley is.

Since a lot of our goals come from the wingers and midfield I'm sure this is also a factor in all of this.

Tbh I'm fine with us not doing any business this January in this area, but I'm not keen on Keinan. I don't think we'll see much of him anyways so might not be a big issue.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He never scores, but he never plays either. He has had a few camoes when we're already struggling. Lets just send him to the lower leagues for a full season.

• Like 2

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

He never scores, but he never plays either. He has had a few camoes when we're already struggling. Lets just send him to the lower leagues for a full season.

He could really use regular gameplay, this I completely agree with. He's never going to get that here the way things are going.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think he needs to start in the Southampton game and given atleast 60 minutes.

While he is still with us, we should give the lad a chance to show us if there is anything hidden within and for more than 5 minutes in a game too. 

He is clearly a young lad who is nervous and just wants a decent chance, he is desperate to do well for the club and it shows in the very few opportunities he has been given so far.

If we can't/don't sign a striker that we need/want right now then we may aswell give Davis a crack and utilise what we have until that other striker arrives.

he has started over 20 games for us. that's 1/3 of his appearances. he's had a decent chance

i'd rather play without a recognised striker and play with 2 10s instead

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I do not think Davis is what we need anymore to be fair, great bloke good attitude but we should sell on or move him on and bring someone else in who can come from the bench and score for us.

Personally I'd move Barry into the first team ahead of Davis, hes proved he can at least score and against liverpool as well. If we are not going to buy a striker this january yet we need to sub Watkins off because hes shattered I just do not see any other choice but to bring Barry onto that subs bench.

I think its fair comment, about Keinan sadly......but he wasn't the reason we lost and if we think he was, we have a long wait to get real success.

The manager himself said " It was poor defending".....we would be better discusing the rudiments of that.

sure we need another striker as back up, with a more feasible offering, but that defending was well, woeful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

I don’t know whether they were linked earlier in the window, but you have to wonder why clubs keep coming in even though it’s well known he won’t be allowed to leave.

Maybe well known but maybe behind the scenes chats are different.  My reason behind this is that he’s not getting any game time at all really, so actions speak louder than (“well known”) words.  

Why nobody else has come in? Maybe they thought Wes would be back earlier, maybe their target replacement hasn’t happened yet or something different happened or some other reason.  What seems to be clear is that Dean isn’t giving Davis any time (rightly in my mind).

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

I don’t know whether they were linked earlier in the window, but you have to wonder why clubs keep coming in even though it’s well known he won’t be allowed to leave.

They don't know we haven't got our eye on a new striker,  or whether we've totally lost faith in his ability to deliver at this level,  so why wouldn't they come in as a situation evolves. 

I think we should bite their hands off and let him go. He's totally useless to us as a sub, and if Watkins gets injured more long term we'd be better served playing Traore there.  Leaves us short of cover in the event of injuries to both of them but I'd even rate Barry over him at the moment. 

If he goes on loan, gets game time, finds his feet, and starts scoring he becomes worth keeping. If not, we can let him leave and move on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but i just dont rate him. He adds nothing in a offensive sense. Barry has scored more goals than davis has in the last 12 months 

No, they have the same amount of goals this season

Thing is, its all well and good shipping him out on loan to gain confidence and net a few goals but that doesn't really do villa any favours if he has a stormer in a lower division, mainly cos the premier league is a massive leap, with not many strikers being as successful. 

I like the kid but just sell him to a team more suited to his skills. There can be little room for sentiment if we intend to push on and build on this good start. Yes, we need a squad but a squad of players who are oven ready premier standard and yes, that costs.

Â