Keinan Davis

a-k

Strikers struggle with goals at times. Once they break the duck it can change a lot very quickly. Crouch didn't score for 19 matches for Liverpool. Dowie and McClair over 40 matches each respectively for both RS and Man Utd. It happens. 

JPA wasn't exactly lethal for us the first season was he? I know the joke here, but screw you I liked him. 😂

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

If you add up the amount of minutes he's played in the league this season it only comes to just under six games, so to not score in that amount of time is not so incredibly out of the ordinary for a striker, plenty go on those kind of barren runs, and Davis has the further excuse that he's only getting the odd twenty or so minutes here and there, it's not like he's getting full 90 minutes and constantly not scoring.

Unless we sign two strikers I think he will be a valuable member of the squad next sea especially considering that Wesley is unlikely to be fit for a while and then will take time to regain his match fitness. Davis, Samatta, New striker, and a U23 player if we get injuries I imagine will be the options.

• Like 1

These stats show that Tammy has had at least 37 'big chances' this season and missed 22 of them - in 2,221 minutes of game time. It's hard to judge KD on his 538 minutes and 3 chances missed in a team where none of the strikers are scoring. Some prats on social media claim that he hasn't scored for 42 games - and one of them tweeted the stat at Keinan. The reality is that there have been 42 games since he scored - but he only appeared in 23 of them - that's an average of 23 minutes per game. Our fans are slating him for not scoring in games where he didn't even set foot on the pitch. Lovely...

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed

On 27/07/2020 at 19:35, useless said:

If you add up the amount of minutes he's played in the league this season it only comes to just under six games, so to not score in that amount of time is not so incredibly out of the ordinary for a striker, plenty go on those kind of barren runs, and Davis has the further excuse that he's only getting the odd twenty or so minutes here and there, it's not like he's getting full 90 minutes and constantly not scoring.

Unless we sign two strikers I think he will be a valuable member of the squad next sea especially considering that Wesley is unlikely to be fit for a while and then will take time to regain his match fitness. Davis, Samatta, New striker, and a U23 player if we get injuries I imagine will be the options.

Wesley should be fit in September , he was running again in May and has stepped up his fitness 

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2020 at 19:23, KenjiOgiwara said:

Strikers struggle with goals at times. Once they break the duck it can change a lot very quickly. Crouch didn't score for 19 matches for Liverpool. Dowie and McClair over 40 matches each respectively for both RS and Man Utd. It happens. 

JPA wasn't exactly lethal for us the first season was he? I know the joke here, but screw you I liked him. 😂

I like him too, there is definitely something there. We can afford to give him time to develop and I'd like to see us do so. The thing is he can contribute positively to the team without scoring so he is useful to have around for what he is already good at. If he wants to hang around in the long term he will have to add goals, but let's see what he is like after he breaks his duck.

9 hours ago, meregreen said:

Isn’t god enough for where we want to be. Need to set our sights higher.. The guy from QPR  Eberichi Eze would be my choice.

Just FYI they are completely different players. Eze is an attacking mid - really drives at people with the ball, his dribbling is exceptional. 

7 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Just FYI they are completely different players. Eze is an attacking mid - really drives at people with the ball, his dribbling is exceptional. 

Eze's dribbling remind me of trezeguets dribbling clips before he joined.

It looks really good on YouTube clips, but has that fine margin feel about it where better defenders would eat it up.

Would still take a punt on eze though if he wasn't a large chunk of our budget.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Give him a year in the championship on loan to hopefully get a few goals in his locker 

He's already been 'on loan' in the Championship - with us!

Across 17/18 and 18/19 he made 34 appearances and scored 2 goals. Both goals came in games where we thrashed the opposition. I don't know how many minutes in those games but there's still quite a few games there.

So as for going on loan to get a few goals then maybe we should be targeting League Two. He might nearly get 5 goals at that level. But even that I'm unsure of.

Sorry, Davis is older than Luiz, he's not a kid in football terms and has nothing about him to suggest he's good enough at anywhere near this level. Nothing against the guy but I wouldn't be wasting another minute of playing time or penny of wages on him.

No loan. Release (because we're not getting a fee!)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

He's already been 'on loan' in the Championship - with us!

Across 17/18 and 18/19 he made 34 appearances and scored 2 goals. Both goals came in games where we thrashed the opposition. I don't know how many minutes in those games but there's still quite a few games there.

So as for going on loan to get a few goals then maybe we should be targeting League Two. He might nearly get 5 goals at that level. But even that I'm unsure of.

Sorry, Davis is older than Luiz, he's not a kid in football terms and has nothing about him to suggest he's good enough at anywhere near this level. Nothing against the guy but I wouldn't be wasting another minute of playing time or penny of wages on him.

No loan. Release (because we're not getting a fee!)

He was 19 I think. For me ideally we'd be strong enough up front to give him a loan to get his finishing confidence up. I can't fathom judging his ability in the Championship on 20 odd games when he was 19. Everything else about his play was good too. He'd do well for a good Championship team but we should keep him. He doesn't look out of place at all in the Prem. I believe in the West Ham game it was his hold up play that led to our goal. EDIT: actually, I just looked and it's not that complicated what he did.

He'd still be useful though providing we had a first-choice quality striker. If we need to play more direct then at least we would be able to use him as a target man, which he is good at.

By the same token as all this, Trezeguet getting goals in the Prem doesn't make him a Premier-League-standard player.

Edited by Rolta

He seems to be caught in a crossfire.

when we was doing well in the championship, he was always injured......now he appears free of injury, the team has struggled .....and by struggling we give up initiative and play deep, we score on the counter in the main.

He needs to play in a team that dominates the ball a bit more and doesn't play so deep. He is too isolated.

I am not sure if he is going to be the striker we want.....but i think it is a team thing as much as him, himself.

He reminds me of a Danny Welbeck type, but not as good at present.....there is something there for me.

15 hours ago, meregreen said:

Isn’t god enough for where we want to be. Need to set our sights higher.. The guy from QPR  Eberichi Eze would be my choice.

When you said god instead of good the first thing I thought was McGrath haha!

Looking at goal ratios when players are young I think is a mistake.

Look at Dwight Yorke ,he was a very slow starter he scored 27 goals in his first 128 appearances that’s about 1 in 6 and he would become probably one of our greatest strikers.He didn’t shine until he was 24.

Davis like Yorke offers other things besides goals,his running with the ball is exceptional.

This also applies to some of our other players like Wesley,Guillbert etc we expect them to come from a foreign country and immediately start performing at the highest level when many great players took time to adapt and learn.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

He seems to be caught in a crossfire.

when we was doing well in the championship, he was always injured......now he appears free of injury, the team has struggled .....and by struggling we give up initiative and play deep, we score on the counter in the main.

He needs to play in a team that dominates the ball a bit more and doesn't play so deep. He is too isolated.

I am not sure if he is going to be the striker we want.....but i think it is a team thing as much as him, himself.

He reminds me of a Danny Welbeck type, but not as good at present.....there is something there for me.

Reminds me more of heskey , good target  and holds the ball up but can’t finish .

maybe a few goals on loan would give him the confidence 

Edited by Eastie

Clearly has something about him and needs time to find his scoring boots.

But he has had chances and not taken them. We can’t afford to give him much time. No problem with him as an option, no problem with him going on loan, but this is a PL club not a evangelical youth group. Unless he starts scoring he should be off.

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Clearly has something about him and needs time to find his scoring boots.

But he has had chances and not taken them. We can’t afford to give him much time. No problem with him as an option, no problem with him going on loan, but this is a PL club not a evangelical youth group. Unless he starts scoring he should be off.

It depends really, sure, I would love him to be more prolific, we all would. 

But if his role in the squad is, for example, to come on late in matches we are already winning to allow us to hold the ball further up the pitch, thus relieving the defense from pressure, then that is a job which doesn't require goal scoring abilities. 

If, on the other hand, we are relying on him for goals, then you very much would be right. 

I don't buy the "he is a striker, therefore he has to score goals". If through his play he allows the team to score more goals, to retain possession better, then i don't care if he doesn't score. Football is about how the team performs as a whole. Firmino plays as the central striker and yet he scores much less than the wide men. Bardy scores more goals, but I doubt Liverpool as a team would be more effective. 

Pirlo played as the deepest of the midfielders and yet was fat from good at defending. 

I'm not comparing Davis to these two players, rather using them as an example that football allows for many ways to achieve results, some of which are unconventional. But as long as they are effective, that's all I'm concerned with. 

If he does what is required to achieve results, I'm happy. That's up to him and the management now

I rememeber John Richards for Wolves being a slow starter at 22, but eventually come good.

I can't honestly make my mind up about Keinan......Keinan is a player who needs service and so do the others, but our service is not that good and not that often.....He is not a clinical striker, who can live off scraps.

Jack scores goals because has the ability to create his own only the best players can do that and Keinan is not a self creating striker....they are few and far between, but great to have.

He has a worth to us at present, mainly in my view because the team lacks dominant players in key positions, so he compensates by holding the ball up and is dedicated to that role.....chances don't come his way that often, so when they do he snatches or fumbles and lacks the strikers composure......when the team gets better, he may get better.....its a bit catch 22 for me.

Â