Keinan Davis

a-k

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm glad the club have issued him with a further one year deal.

Hopefully he will show us next season more if who is he and what he is about.

But you won't be getting 12-15 goals from him that's for sure because he is not that kind of striker.

I doubt he'll get much time next season with the club investing heavily in Wes and then purchased Samatta.  Hopefully if we stay up they'll invest in a 1st striker and then at best Davis will be 4th choice or loaned out, which might do him some good.

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

True.

Finding yourself in scoring positions is something Tammy excelled at as well. It's such an underrated ability many fans doesn't seem to grasp.

It's no coincidence that Keinan time and time again is getting into good scoring positions.

I think out of all our strikers Davis is most like Tammy, he will do a job all over the pitch if he could unlike Wesley and Samatta who stay in opposition territory.

Tammy I still say shown us exactly what it was we needed on the pitch not only from a striker but in every position really which was a good all around player. While Davis is the closest thing we have to Tammy it shows davis is not there yet or we dont know if he ever will get any closer to Tammy because he just cant score which I feel for him I do. If Davis could score then Jeez hed be perfect for us, but at least he will give players the run around and cause grief where Samatta is not and I'd rather have a 70% of a Tammy player in Davis than  Samatta at the moment because hes giving us much more on the pitch.

I also think it's still us on the pitch not servicing strikers problems, we always send on in from Wings 90% of the time and there is not many times we send balls through the middle, theres no middle ground there.

No question about it Davis should of buried that goal, he didn't and I feel that next season Davis would be a good backup with wesley if we could find someone that plays like Tammy himself if not Tammy himself as we had success with him. Our best option though maybe if we could pick up two ace strikers would be to see Davis to a championship team where he may have more luck scoring at, he would get snapped up because of how he plays.

I still think Davis would be better suited as a midfielder behind a striker, that was scoring goals is still a thing but it's not as much as an expectation on him as it is when you play striker.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I think out of all our strikers Davis is most like Tammy, he will do a job all over the pitch if he could unlike Wesley and Samatta who stay in opposition territory.

Tammy I still say shown us exactly what it was we needed on the pitch not only from a striker but in every position really which was a good all around player. While Davis is the closest thing we have to Tammy it shows davis is not there yet or we dont know if he ever will get any closer to Tammy because he just cant score which I feel for him I do. If Davis could score then Jeez hed be perfect for us, but at least he will give players the run around and cause grief where Samatta is not and I'd rather have a 70% of a Tammy player in Davis than  Samatta at the moment because hes giving us much more on the pitch.

I also think it's still us on the pitch not servicing strikers problems, we always send on in from Wings 90% of the time and there is not many times we send balls through the middle, theres no middle ground there.

No question about it Davis should of buried that goal, he didn't and I feel that next season Davis would be a good backup with wesley if we could find someone that plays like Tammy himself if not Tammy himself as we had success with him. Our best option though maybe if we could pick up two ace strikers would be to see Davis to a championship team where he may have more luck scoring at, he would get snapped up because of how he plays.

I still think Davis would be better suited as a midfielder behind a striker, that was scoring goals is still a thing but it's not as much as an expectation on him as it is when you play striker.

Davis is nothing like Tammy!

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I doubt he'll get much time next season with the club investing heavily in Wes and then purchased Samatta.  Hopefully if we stay up they'll invest in a 1st striker and then at best Davis will be 4th choice or loaned out, which might do him some good.

Maybe he will? Maybe he won't?

I will be suprised if Samatta is still here by the time the window closes. That potentially see's us still needing to sign up to 2 strikers so we can have 4.

On paper he would look 3rd choice as it stands. However, Wesley and Samatta have only done marginly better though yet playing more games than Davis has.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe he will? Maybe he won't?

I will be suprised if Samatta is still here by the time the window closes. That potentially see's us still needing to sign up to 2 strikers so we can have 4.

On paper he would look 4th choice as it stands.

Why would Samatta be leaving, he's only just got here....landed just before a Pandemic, scored 1 in the league and 1 in the cup.  Pandemic happened, and now the final games behind closed doors.  He's been poor behind closed doors and hasnt scored since, I agree but I'd be surprised if he is let go so quickly given the circumstances especially given he only cost 8.5m which is peanuts these days for a striker.  They must have been watching him before to make the investment you would hope.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why would Samatta be leaving, he's only just got here....landed just before a Pandemic, scored 1 in the league and 1 in the cup.  Pandemic happened, and now the final games behind closed doors.  He's been poor behind closed doors and hasnt scored since, I agree but I'd be surprised if he is let go so quickly given the circumstances especially given he only cost 8.5m which is peanuts these days for a striker.  They must have been watching him before to make the investment you would hope.

Could be for a plethora of reasons.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

If I had Greenwood’s finishing I’d be unstoppable.  

I’m not sure the point.  

If I had a Jeff Bezos money I’d be rich, if I looked like Chris Hemsworth I’d get a lot more sex from the ladies....

I'm saying he has all the other attributes just lacks the finishing, which Greenwood has got. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Sorry this is plain false.  I have watched Davis for seasons (when he hasnt been injured) so it isnt a deciding things quickly.  I've seen him in PL2, Championship and Premier League over the years and he doesnt have what it takes.

It's hard to compare to Wes and Luiz because they are coming into a foreign league, not speaking the language, never played at this level, new club, new home and are young.  I know from personal experience, moving countries takes time to adapt and that was to an English speaking country so going to a different language speaking country and asking to perform from day one at the peak level of sport is unbelievably hard. 

Davis has had only a few of those challenges, he was already settled here, had family, knew the club and players and could speak the language so his barriers were far less to step up to the Premier League. He played 28 games in the Championship and struggled, yes he was younger but he only scored 2 goals but he wasnt impressive then either and it's plainly obvious he has no scoring ability.

Luiz, you are correct he struggled early in the season but in the lockdown the reports of him getting his English stronger and being more settled, if true, are really paying benefits on the pitch.  As for Wes, he might be the same, the jury is out.  He still scored 5 goals in 21 games and arguably was looking at his best games before the injury.  Fans are obviously torn about Wes, some think he has potential and some dont.  I think we see what Wes does next season to see if he turns out well like Luiz or fails like Davis.

How many of them were starts though? 
Regarding Luiz and Wesley, as much as I agree about the Language and new country issues, as much as I can tell you that they had a lot of experiences compared to Davis. They’ve been first teamers for a while and started couple of seasons in high levels. Compare Samatta (who by the way I’m not yet writing him off) to Davis. I think we’re losing a lot in our game because we’re not starting Davis. He usually have couple of things which you’ll remember, while Samatta’s best memory every game is how he got the ball out of our goal from a corner (which isn’t bad on itself ofcourse as we were bad defending them before). If Davis scored 2 goals I guess he’ll have the best goal ratio between the 3.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How many of them were starts though? 
Regarding Luiz and Wesley, as much as I agree about the Language and new country issues, as much as I can tell you that they had a lot of experiences compared to Davis. They’ve been first teamers for a while and started couple of seasons in high levels. Compare Samatta (who by the way I’m not yet writing him off) to Davis. I think we’re losing a lot in our game because we’re not starting Davis. He usually have couple of things which you’ll remember, while Samatta’s best memory every game is how he got the ball out of our goal from a corner (which isn’t bad on itself ofcourse as we were bad defending them before). If Davis scored 2 goals I guess he’ll have the best goal ratio between the 3.

If If If If If

If he scored at all it would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I'm saying he has all the other attributes just lacks the finishing, which Greenwood has got. 

Yeah but he doesn’t have all the other attributes which is the problem.  He’s not a target man and he doesn’t create chances.  He never holds the ball up in dangerous areas and lays it off for a chance for somebody else or not in an area for crosses in for somebody to have a chance.  He doesn’t defend well from the front as many moaned when he came on against Arsenal, he just wandered around the centre and doesn’t get in defenders faces.  All he does is holds up the ball in ineffective areas and occasionally has a small dribbles.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but he doesn’t have all the other attributes which is the problem.  He’s not a target man and he doesn’t create chances.  He never holds the ball up in dangerous areas and lays it off for a chance for somebody else or not in an area for crosses in for somebody to have a chance.  He doesn’t defend well from the front as many moaned when he came on against Arsenal, he just wandered around the centre and doesn’t get in defenders faces.  All he does is holds up the ball in ineffective areas and occasionally has a small dribbles.

Nick I know nothing is going to convince you on this - this whole thread is someone posting something and then you replying about how terrible Davis is and I admire your commitment - but I do think this is unfair. I don’t think Davis will ever score the goals needed to be a PL striker for us but against Arsenal alone I can point to his movement creating chances (McGinn’s shot, his own shot, etc) and when the ball gets to him lumped forward it usually sticks (agreed with you it tends to win us a throw in rather than a shot on goal but he is one of the few players we have who I trust to control a ball and find someone or win a throw or whatever rather than lose it).

Let’s hope he knocks in a hattrick against West Ham because that will really liven this debate up over the summer :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Nick I know nothing is going to convince you on this - this whole thread is someone posting something and then you replying about how terrible Davis is and I admire your commitment - but I do think this is unfair. I don’t think Davis will ever score the goals needed to be a PL striker for us but against Arsenal alone I can point to his movement creating chances (McGinn’s shot, his own shot, etc) and when the ball gets to him lumped forward it usually sticks (agreed with you it tends to win us a throw in rather than a shot on goal but he is one of the few players we have who I trust to control a ball and find someone or win a throw or whatever rather than lose it).

Let’s hope he knocks in a hattrick against West Ham because that will really liven this debate up over the summer :)

I know, it’s a really weird twitch in my head I think....I calmly post on most other threads and then I have two things that set me off....Villalad21 and Keinan Davis.

i could think of nothing better than Davis scoring a hat trick tomorrow, I promise you that and him banging in the goals next season but obviously I have my views on him at the moment.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know, it’s a really weird twitch in my head I think....I calmly post on most other threads and then I have two things that set me off....Villalad21 and Keinan Davis.

i could think of nothing better than Davis scoring a hat trick tomorrow, I promise you that and him banging in the goals next season but obviously I have my views.

Was there anything else you wanted to add about Davis that you haven't covered already?       ;)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

i could think of nothing better than Davis scoring a hat trick tomorrow, I promise you that and him banging in the goals next season but obviously I have my views on him at the moment.

Well let’s get to the close season and then maybe try Keinan Davis and Villalad21 up front together :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Again, people magically forget how many chances Tammy missed. Or how he was with Swansea. Development stages skipped.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

No idea how his scoring record was as a kid but he has 7 goals and 8 assists in 33 games for our U-23 side.

And for the seniors he has 4 goals and 5 assists in 66 games, but he's only started something like 25 of those and some others where only short cameos.

All according to Transfermarkt so might be not 100% accurate. Safe to say thou that as of yet he's not been a prolific scorer.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

If If If If If

If he scored at all it would be nice.

Wesley went 13 games without a goal. Wasn't even sub appearances. It was all full 90 minute games.

Bet you didn't give him as much s***

Keinan has had what? 2-3 starts all season.

Edited by villalad21

Â