Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Only paid 5k per week apparently and we extended last month using our option for 12 months. Easily sell for a few million if we wanted.

A few million? I’m not sure about that. He hasn’t “done it” at any level as a professional.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

A few million? I’m not sure about that. He hasn’t “done it” at any level as a professional.

Yeah I know but football fees these days and with experience in PL and Championship we could get it and it’s free money

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Send him on loan to a team like Forest

Or sell him and have a big buy back clause so both clubs have a reason to build value in him. Forest would be good mix , maybe Cov ,  he would get more time there . 

• Like 1

The guy just can’t score goals for toffee, I love what he adds to the team but he’s just wasting a spot if he can’t get at least 8-10 goals, even if he started every game that would be a push.

I'm not giving up on this guy, he has all the attributes apart from hitting the target - I cannot believe that this will be a defining feature of his game. 'When' he scores, we will have a serious striker in him.  

• Like 3

Just now, villalad21 said:

Apparently not considering we stayed up by having a 5 goal a season striker.

It looked to me like we had several no-goals-per-season strikers, that's what it looked like at least. We can't keep the same guys and expect different results.

Get rid of Samatta, he offers nothing. Kenian is a good player to come off the bench. Not alot of defenders can handle his strength. Good player to bring once our main striker has scored 1 or 2 goals and were closing out the last 20 minutes. 

1 hour ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Brings other players into the game more than any of our other strikers. Puts his body on the line, does the simple stuff well. There's a player in there. I just wish he could score

He does the basics really well.

It's a real shame about the finishing. We just have to hope he can improve on it

23 hours ago, hippo said:

Hes like a defensive centre forward. Need a goal he's not you're man - need to hang onto lead very much so!

See this is where I think people are wrong.

May not actually score himself, but provides opportunities for others to score.

Both with his holding the ball up and the havoc he causes. Plus layoffs in the final third.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If he could finish he wouldn't be a Villa player for long.

Well he can't, so he wont

Like to see him sold this window, had we gone down then maybe might have been worth having him around.

In the prem he is no longer an under 21 player so will be taking up a valuable spot in the 25 man squad.

I really hope that come the end of the transfer window that we're in a position to be able to send Keinan out on loan to find some goalscoring form.

He's shown enough for me to think that in the long run he could be a very good player but without some sort of goalscoring return it would be very hard to accommodate him.

I have a feeling it's villa or bust for him myself. Can't see there being many takers given his terrible goal stats.

I'm convinced though his ability to make the ball stick up front helped us in those last few games. It's a bit like in the championship where we brought Jedinak on to see the game out - maybe that's his role.

Â