Keinan Davis

a-k

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm glad the club have issued him with a further one year deal.

Hopefully he will show us next season more if who is he and what he is about.

But you won't be getting 12-15 goals from him that's for sure because he is not that kind of striker.

Depends how we use him. I imagine we'll keep if we go down but let's be honest no one would take our promotion bid seriously if Davis is task with firing us out of the championship, he probably won't score a third of what Tammy did in 18/19 and that was only good enough to get us 5th.

If we stay up I think it's better we loan him out until January. Hopefully he can start 20 games somewhere, get an early goal and then we'll see if he's got 10 goals in him at least.

Just keeping him and him coming on for last 10 minutes and playing cup games isn't going to kick his career on imo like a decent loan move would.

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Depends how we use him. I imagine we'll keep if we go down but let's be honest no one would take our promotion bid seriously if Davis is task with firing us out of the championship, he probably won't score a third of what Tammy did in 18/19 and that was only good enough to get us 5th.

I don't think that would be expected of Davis due to us already having Wesley who should be able to do that down in that league. We also have Samatta (for now anyway).

Don't get me wrong, we should see more of him down in that league but I wouldn't be opposed to him being with us next season either (after we stay up this season) as our 3rd/4th choice striker. (Depending how many strikers we want)

There will be some games he is useful in and will start, there are other games he will probably come off the bench for to see out games. He would also be starting the majority of our cup games aswell.

I would say there is a fair amount of opportunity for him next season if he is here and we don't loan him out instead.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Wesley went 13 games without a goal. Wasn't even sub appearances. It was all full 90 minute games.

Bet you didn't give him as much s***

Keinan has had what? 2-3 starts all season.

First team football 19/20

Wes, 22 games, 21 starts, 1807 mins, 6 goals, 1 assist...goal every 301 mins

Davis, 22 games, 7 starts, 772 mins, 1 goals, 1 assist...goal every 772 mins

Vardy went 8 league games without scoring,

Firmino went 14 league games without scoring.

Firmino’s first home league goal was the last league home game of their season, so 18 home games without a goal

Gabriel Jesus went 7 games without scoring

So Leicester, Liverpool and Man City Strikers having blocks without scoring but their overall stats are good in teams that are top five teams and there’s Wes in a poor team scored almost 1 in 3.3 game ratio isn’t bad then.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

6 goals in 22 games is crap.

If Wesley is your answer then God help us.

Which is equivalent of 10+ in 38 games

Only 17 players have scored more than 11 goals in the PL this season of which most are in top six teams. So for a first season, in a poor team he hasn’t done bad compared to established superstars in world class teams like Firmino whose only scored 9 goals.

i want us to buy a top class striker in the summer if we stay up but Wes will be a good second striker with a season under his belt and more fluent in the language.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

6 goals in 22 games is crap.

If Wesley is your answer then God help us.

From a young player with his first season in this league. Many top players have struggled to adapt quickly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but he doesn’t have all the other attributes which is the problem.  He’s not a target man and he doesn’t create chances.  He never holds the ball up in dangerous areas and lays it off for a chance for somebody else or not in an area for crosses in for somebody to have a chance.  He doesn’t defend well from the front as many moaned when he came on against Arsenal, he just wandered around the centre and doesn’t get in defenders faces.  All he does is holds up the ball in ineffective areas and occasionally has a small dribbles.

Is he incontinent?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

From a young player with his first season in this league. Many top players have struggled to adapt quickly. 

"young"

Greenwood is 10 times the player and is only 18

I just don't see much potential in Wesley. I still have got no clue what his actual strengths are. What does he excel at?

Good in the air? No. Good finisher? Not really. Is he quick? No. Is he technical gifted and a have an eye for a pass? No.

If a fan of another club asked me what Wesley's strengths are i would have no clue what to say to him.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Stats in my above post

4 starts in the league which is where we are judging him.

4 starts is virtually nothing. Only 2 consecutive starts. Very hard to build any sort of momentum. Not enough to make a fair judgement imo.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's only started 4 league games with Villa this season.

They were against Sheff Utd, Chelsea, Wolves and Liverpool.

It said how many games has he started this season.... it didn’t say league games, therefore 7 is still correct and helps Davis’ stats because at least he got a goal and assist in the cup.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

4 starts in the league which is where we are judging him on.

4 starts is virtually nothing. Not enough to make a fair judgement imo.

Oh so you pick and choose partial stats and not full stats, oh I see!

Fit the stats to your argument

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If a fan of another club asked me what Wesley's strengths are i would have no clue what to say to him.

I think that’s more down to you really because you really struggle with the Villa generally....according to you we have bad owners who make bad decisions, bad board who make bad decisions, we know your thoughts on Smith from day one...then your thoughts on players, then every game we are going to lose.  All through the lockdown how Sheff Utd would smash us and then it just continues....oh and how Pearson is wonderful.

So I’m guessing if a fan of another club asked you any question about the Villa, the second question would be “are you sure you support them?” It’s what many of us ask all the time 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think that’s more down to you really because you really struggle with the Villa generally....according to you we have bad owners who make bad decisions, bad board who make bad decisions, we know your thoughts on Smith from day one...then your thoughts on players, then every game we are going to lose.  All through the lockdown how Sheff Utd would smash us and then it just continues....oh and how Pearson is wonderful.

So I’m guessing if a fan of another club asked you any question about the Villa, the second question would be “are you sure you support them?” It’s what many of us ask all the time 😉

So what are Wesley's strengths then? Because i don't see him really excelling in anything.

He's like a little bit jack of all trades and master of none.

Massive potential for improvement though since he's not really good at anything.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So what are Wesley's strengths then? Because i don't see him really excelling in anything.

He's like a little bit jack of all trades and master of none.

Massive potential for improvement though since he's not really good at anything.

Why is that a bad thing?  As he continues to develop he’ll score more, he can bully, he can move with the ball, he can drop deeper and connects well with other players.  As all that continues to grow he won’t be a one trick pony (and he scores).

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why is that a bad thing?  As he continues to develop he’ll score more, he can bully, he can move with the ball, he can drop deeper and connects well with other players.  As all that continues to grow he won’t be a one trick pony (and he scores).

He is entering his mid twenties.

I'd question how much he'd develop. Most strikers should show most of their potential by the age of 23-24

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is entering his mid twenties.

I'd question how much he'd develop. Most strikers should show most of their potential by the age of 23-24

When I say develop I mean into the English football and Villa football.  Learn the country, learn the language, learn the football.  Look how Luiz has developed over the season now he’s settling and more fluent.

I also don’t agree about the age thing, look at Mo Salah he was the same age when he moved from Basel to Chelsea and struggled at there.  Eventually after a few loans and moves ended up at Liverpool at 25 and the rest is history.  The same can be said of many many other players who are foreign and take time to settle in English football.  De Bruyne is another just thinking of the same time as Salah.  De Bruyne left Chelsea aged 23 after 3 games in two years.

Â