Keinan Davis

a-k

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I rememeber John Richards for Wolves being a slow starter at 22, but eventually come good.

I can't honestly make my mind up about Keinan......Keinan is a player who needs service and so do the others, but our service is not that good and not that often.....He is not a clinical striker, who can live off scraps.

Jack scores goals because has the ability to create his own only the best players can do that and Keinan is not a self creating striker....they are few and far between, but great to have.

He has a worth to us at present, mainly in my view because the team lacks dominant players in key positions, so he compensates by holding the ball up and is dedicated to that role.....chances don't come his way that often, so when they do he snatches or fumbles and lacks the strikers composure......when the team gets better, he may get better.....its a bit catch 22 for me.

I agree with this but I think if he develops in to a decent striker scoring goals (not Messi or Ronaldo rates - I mean a 1 in 3/4 coupled with his other strengths), it will be away from here. He strikes me as an Enda Stevens type. There is a player in there however, I think he needs to drop down, play regular football and work his way back up. I don't think he'll get regular enough football here to develop.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a catch 22 with him at the moment. I think he needs to get out on loan for game time and development. 

But, also, he offers us a way of playing which none of the others offer (more direct) in instances where we need it so that makes me think he's a decent squad option too. This is why I'm not paid to make decisions!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Being linked with a loan to Preston. Think that would be a great move for all. 

It would be because it would mean we have serious replacements at hand. Plus I think he needed this sort of move 2 years ago.

• Like 2

Dare I say it but I’d cash in on him now if we could get around £5m for him.

Seems a nice lad but I just cannot see him making it here as a striker - he has all the right physical attributes but cannot score.

You can train him to get in the right positions but as a striker it should come naturally and instinctively (not intended for a Kenneth Williams GIF) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think a move could be the making of him, get him scoring regularly and he could become an asset. Still don't think it's the end for him at villa because he has a lot to his game. Just gotta bring goals now. 

10 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Bit of a catch 22 with him at the moment. I think he needs to get out on loan for game time and development. 

But, also, he offers us a way of playing which none of the others offer (more direct) in instances where we need it so that makes me think he's a decent squad option too. This is why I'm not paid to make decisions!

It shouldn’t be the case that we need him to stay to offer us an option. Unfortunately, signing Wesley and Samatta who are both shite means we need him. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

It shouldn’t be the case that we need him to stay to offer us an option. Unfortunately, signing Wesley and Samatta who are both shite means we need him. 

Why do you think they are both *****?

57 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

You can train him to get in the right positions but as a striker it should come naturally and instinctively (not intended for a Kenneth Williams GIF) 

Not intended but certainly required! 

image.jpeg.57cbb419d9bac6c1926eccd5fb317181.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think they are both *****?

tenor.gif?itemid=10816172

*Edit, I actually think Wesley could come good, and Samatta can certainly improve, but there's no comedy in that.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Dare I say it but I’d cash in on him now if we could get around £5m for him.

Seems a nice lad but I just cannot see him making it here as a striker - he has all the right physical attributes but cannot score.

Now I'm never gonna put KD on God's level but this is what made Paul McGrath such a magnificent player. Instinct, anticipation, intelligence & awareness; a so called sixth sense - God had it all in buckets.

Okay, we're talking about two different positions on the pitch but the principle is the same. If Keinan had even a fraction of these qualities then I'd keep him. However, I see words like fumble & snatch (KW gif please !) too often about him so I think if we can get about £3/5m then we should do ourselves a favour & let him go.

• Like 2

Â