Keinan Davis

a-k

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It said how many games has he started this season.... it didn’t say league games, therefore 7 is still correct and helps Davis’ stats because at least he got a goal and assist in the cup.

You will agree then on that basis he is a handy 3rd/4th choice striker to have next season to play in the cup games, since his form is more glorious in those cimpetitions than opposed to that of his league form.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

You will agree then on that basis he is a handy 3rd/4th choice striker to have next season to play in the cup games, since his form is more glorious in those cimpetitions than opposed to that of his league form.

I talked about this the other day.  Assume we buy another first choice striker (or at least another striker) then Wes and Samatta stick around as the current management/recruitment invested in them.  Do you keep Davis as fourth/alternative or do you sell or loan out with a youngster like Indy or Barry being the fourth striker so they gather experience with the first team.

Depends what the management think of Davis.  Depends if we do buy another striker.  Depends if any of the kids are ready for the step up full time.

I hope we buy another top striker and then send Davis on loan to see if he can build some confidence up and score some goals.  If he fails then, we let him go....if he proves himself, extend his deal and bring back into the first team fold.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I talked about this the other day.  Assume we buy another first choice striker (or at least another striker) then Wes and Samatta stick around as the current management/recruitment invested in them.  Do you keep Davis as fourth/alternative or do you sell or loan out with a youngster like Indy or Barry being the fourth striker so they gather experience with the first team.

Depends what the management think of Davis.  Depends if we do buy another striker.  Depends if any of the kids are ready for the step up full time.

I hope we buy another top striker and then send Davis on loan to see if he can build some confidence up and score some goals.  If he fails then, we let him go....if he proves himself, extend his deal and bring back into the first team fold.

I would say keep Keinan as 3rd/4th choice now in his final year and also use him more in the cups.

Barry I think is not ready for that level just yet but I wouldn't say no in playing him in some of the early rounds of the cups though.

I would love us to buy Tammy and Benrahma this season giving us a front line of Tammy, Benrahma, Wesley & Davis.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would say keep Keinan as 3rd/4th choice now in his final year and also use him more in the cups.

Barry I think is not ready for that level just yet but I wouldn't say no in playing him in some of the early rounds of the cups though.

I would love us to buy Tammy and Benrahma this season giving us a front line of Tammy, Benrahma, Wesley & Davis.

Fair enough, not the way I’d go with Davis but I’d love Tammy back although I’m not sure he’d take the step down to us.  He’d want a consistent European chasing team but I hope we could convince him we have higher desires in the league than a repeat of this season. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d love Tammy back although I’m not sure he’d take the step down to us.  He’d want a consistent European chasing team

Then he bloody well can come back and start the ball rolling then!    :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Which is equivalent of 10+ in 38 games

Only 17 players have scored more than 11 goals in the PL this season of which most are in top six teams. So for a first season, in a poor team he hasn’t done bad compared to established superstars in world class teams like Firmino whose only scored 9 goals.

i want us to buy a top class striker in the summer if we stay up but Wes will be a good second striker with a season under his belt and more fluent in the language.

Problem for me is in the games Wesley didn't score he offered no threat whatsoever and there was plenty of them. He was o.k in the early weeks but from October onwards his play really declined bar Newcastle at home where he played o.k.

I'm surprised at the general tone about him since he got injured but you usually get that with injured players.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Problem for me is in the games Wesley didn't score he offered no threat whatsoever and there was plenty of them. He was o.k in the early weeks but from October onwards his play really declined bar Newcastle at home where he played o.k.

I'm surprised at the general tone about him since he got injured but you usually get that with injured players.

Apart from when he scored (particularly Everton, Norwich and Burnley), I don’t think I can remember a good performance by Wesley. Might be some ok’s here or there but that’s it.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Big difference when he came on AGAIN, thankless job.

Agree. Don't understand why he's slated so much. His hold-up play is incredible.

• Like 4

Needs to spend all summer working on his finishing. There's a great player in there. He needs to get to the point where if he gets a chance to shoot at goal, he buries it more times than not. Her be unstoppable.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Big difference when he came on AGAIN, thankless job.

14 minutes ago, a-k said:

Agree. Don't understand why he's slated so much. His hold-up play is incredible.

If he had a second striker chipping in with goals, maybe. Maybe. But as a lone striker, he just doesn't offer enough unless we're closing games out. It's like playing Heskey up on his own without Owen on his shoulder, it just doesn't work.

I'd loan him out for a year, see if he can work on his goalscoring in the Championship, and maybe, maybe he has a future here, but he needs more to his game than just holding the ball well, IMO.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Much much better when he cam eon today compared to the Arsenal game

But I don't think he's ever going to be a regular starter if he can't score

He did exactly what you expect from him today when coming on and needing to hold on to a result . Much better.

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

He can't score but he offers so much more than samatta 

I reckon a concrete bollard on the penalty spot offers more than Samatta. It's not a good yardstick for a PL striker. 

Â