Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I also think he’s played his last game for us, nice lad but never going to score goals regularly at this level.

However, why would we loan him for the final year of his contract? May as well sell him and bring some money in.

a season long loan agreement may have incorporate a small fee and his wages paid but essentially he’d be leaving for a nominal/free fee. 

I think we'll loan him if we sign strikers - I fully expect a signing or two up front. I think the new contract was a bit - Samatta is not great, Wes is injured and we don't know when he'll be fully back and to what level when he is back, and the transfer market is a tricky place so lets give him a contract to prevent us being in a place like we were in January, at least for the start of next season.

The contract guarantees that we have at least two fit strikers under contract at the start of the season and even with that, we are a bit thinly stacked. If strikers come in I think he's out the door - either on loan or for a minimal transfer fee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I also think he’s played his last game for us, nice lad but never going to score goals regularly at this level.

However, why would we loan him for the final year of his contract? May as well sell him and bring some money in.

a season long loan agreement may have incorporate a small fee and his wages paid but essentially he’d be leaving for a nominal/free fee. 

I'm sure we will if the opportunity arises but I'm not sure it will.

• Like 1

Watched Davis several times and have always been impressed. First touch and hold up play very good. Maybe needs to work on his positioning and finishing but if possible I’d keep him as a third or fourth striker as I feel he will improve those aspects of his play that need work.

You also have to to consider he’s been playing in a team that struggles to create from open play.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Would it go to a tribunial or is the cut off the day he turns 23 (which is Feb 2021).

I'd loan him out for six months. Should be enough games to see if he can kick on then we recall him in January if he's done well (like Steer) and give him new deal or sell for a couple of million.

• Like 1

I cant see any point in a loan and our squad is not blessed with strikers. Given the amount of games in a small amount of time this year we will need a squad we can rely on and Keinan proved he can play a part. I just hope we have recruited well enough so that hes not first choice.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, rayk said:

Does anyone else think at some point over the last 5 years someone should have converted into a CB by the club?

I reckon more of a wide forward myself. Perhaps on the right to cut inside.

28 minutes ago, rayk said:

Yeah, but even in that position there would be some degree of expecting him to score.

i know you have a bit of that still as CB, I was just thinking of a Dion Dublin conversion.

Dion as well as his presence he was also quite a good goal poacher, being at the right place at the right time, that I guess helps in converting him into a CB as he probs know where to be again to cover the danger. KD has not got that at all in him. As much as I like to see someone from the academy to come through he will probably end up in league one level.

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

Dion as well as his presence he was also quite a good goal poacher, being at the right place at the right time, that I guess helps in converting him into a CB as he probs know where to be again to cover the danger. KD has not got that at all in him. As much as I like to see someone from the academy to come through he will probably end up in league one level.

Fair point but Davis gets in good positions too....it’s just he can’t hit a barn door with a banjo.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Any futher news if he will be going out on loan?

I wouldn’t expect anything until we have arrivals then I’d expect him to go out. If there isn’t a new contract signed before that then he is effectively leaving on a free.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Any futher news if he will be going out on loan?

No point to sending him out on loan in the last year of his contract.

Unless they really don't want him around.

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

No point to sending him out on loan in the last year of his contract.

Unless they really don't want him around.

If he's not going to play here then at least send him out on loan to put himself in the shop window for when his contract expires.

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

If he's not going to play here then at least send him out on loan to put himself in the shop window for when his contract expires.

We might need him, if we sign watkins we will only have watkins and samatta to challenge for the striker spot, will prob be best to have davis as backup.

Wesley won't be ready until the new year probably, we could loan davis out in jan once we know how well wesley has recovered from his injury.

Just now, MaVilla said:

We might need him, if we sign watkins we will only have watkins and samatta to challenge for the striker spot, will prob be best to have davis as backup.

Wesley won't be ready until the new year probably, we could loan davis out in jan once we know how well wesley has recovered from his injury.

Yeah sorry, I was basing what I said on the assumption of incomings and being covered in his position.

Â