Keinan Davis

a-k

Jack played a great ball into him on the edge of the box and it sort of just hit him and then ran to the keeper.

Not good enough for the premier league, probably not the Championship either.

He’ll leave in the summer and slide down the leagues.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

" Oh but his hold up play " We've moved on from that beauty then yes ?  Came to the realisation he is a striker who can't score.

Like a team that can't win......we just accept it and wallow in the positives.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

What he's lacking is something that you can't really teach in football imo. Some players have the instinct to score, others don't. Unfortunately for Davis, he just doesn't.

He plays like he was converted from CB or something. Kind of like how Wesley was converted from attacking midfield but at least he can still sniff out goal scoring opportunities. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Van Dijk made him look like a child today.

Have a word with yourself mate. Van Dijk is probably the best defender in the World. Davis is a young kid making his way in a terrible team that leaves him totally isolated for the entire match.

Van Dijk would school anyone in those circumstances 

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

Have a word with yourself mate. Van Dijk is probably the best defender in the World. Davis is a young kid making his way in a terrible team that leaves him totally isolated for the entire match.

Van Dijk would school anyone in those circumstances 

?

So you agree then? It wasn't a knock on Keinan, but it really showed the gulf in class. He can bully the John Egans of this world a bit, but none of that stuff worked against a truly elite defender.

Finally I have a page full of friends, I’ve been bleating about him for so long and I’ve been heckled.  The kid isn’t good enough! Couldn’t hit a barn yard door and now his other attributes, defenders know how to play against him.

It's not his fault he's not good enough, its a sad state we are in that he's the best we have. With the way the game went it was much more suited for Samatta, our chance was going to be on the deck from a counter attack. 

Needs a loan down in league 1 IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

?

So you agree then? It wasn't a knock on Keinan, but it really showed the gulf in class. He can bully the John Egans of this world a bit, but none of that stuff worked against a truly elite defender.

No I don’t agree. He is far from the finished article. He needs time to grow into himself. Writing him off now is unfair. He has time to grow. He will have learned loads from today.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

No I don’t agree. He is far from the finished article. He needs time to grow into himself. Writing him off now is unfair. He has time to grow. He will have learned loads from today.

And where did I write him off? I said the best CB in the world made him look like a child, his career is hardly over now is it?

Just now, Keyblade said:

And where did I write him off? I said the best CB in the world made him look like a child, his career is hardly over now is it?

Ok. If I have misread you I apologise. 

• Like 1

Â