Keinan Davis

a-k

35 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

It's not his fault he's not good enough, its a sad state we are in that he's the best we have. With the way the game went it was much more suited for Samatta, our chance was going to be on the deck from a counter attack. 

Needs a loan down in league 1 IMO.

Disagree with the loan but agree with the rest, he's the best we have, Wes is injured and **** knows when samattas restart is

Davis didn't stand a chance today, VVD can eat up the physical play all day long and our crossing was dogshit anyway 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree with the loan but agree with the rest, he's the best we have, Wes is injured and **** knows when samattas restart is

Davis didn't stand a chance today, VVD can eat up the physical play all day long and our crossing was dogshit anyway 

But whats happened to Samatta?......He was well favoured by us when he first arrived, was looking half decent.....where's all that gone.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

But whats happened to Samatta?......He was well favoured by us when he first arrived, was looking half decent.....where's all that gone.

Not a clue

Doesn't look fit, way off the pace, no confidence 

That's not on Smith, that's a lockdown thing 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not a clue

Doesn't look fit, way off the pace, no confidence 

That's not on Smith, that's a lockdown thing 

Any other manager, that would not be listened too. I can't say otherwise, but i know that fans blame the manager for things like that, especially when there is too many instances of them.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He has very good technique and shields the ball well, good hold up play. But I'd prefer the natural goal scorer Samatta, think we have a better chance of scoring with Samatta.

I disagree, samatta is invisible. With Davis, even if he doesn't look like scoring, you have the impression that something could come out of his hold up play. 

The two biggest problems I see with him are his movement and positioning. 

He doesn't seem to make useful runs that either pull defenders away to create space for other players, or get him into space. I can't think of a time when I thought 'Oh shit, why didn't anyone pass to him? He was in a great position!' - he just doesn't have that in his game at the moment.

That said, he's not a lost cause by any stretch. He's got a lot of good attributes, but if he wants to be a success at a good level, he'll need to work on the aforementioned. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TRO said:

Why am I getting this strange feeling of déjà vu?

• Haha 1

If he starts Thursday he needs to try and bully the weakest centre back which will probably be Lindelof, he needs to just annoy him and we need to try work off that 

On 05/07/2020 at 22:35, WooJung said:

I disagree, samatta is invisible. With Davis, even if he doesn't look like scoring, you have the impression that something could come out of his hold up play. 

but this is still just a myth of Keinan.  We never get any benefit from this so called hold up play because it's not in influential areas and on the rare occasion it is, it's never utilised whether that's Keinan's fault or players around him.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If he starts Thursday he needs to try and bully the weakest centre back which will probably be Lindelof, he needs to just annoy him and we need to try work off that 

He needs to do it in more influential areas to at least get freekicks around the box or something....or getting Lindelof booked early on so he's more reluctant.  Jack and Keinan should be looking at getting bookings on their opponents and freekicks around the box.  We dont seem to be doing it properly in open play so let's play a bit dirty and focus on the weaker players of the opposition team to our advantage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Villa94 said:

i think we need to keep the faith with this guy hes such a handful if he manages to get some confidence and luck on his side he will be worth sticking by 

I've been saying this for ages about Davis. Even I'm starting to accept he lacks the positional awareness to be a goalscorer even when his confidence is up also despite his physical attributes, he is too nice. Never see him react or get angry or look to bully a defender. If he had maupays nasty streak he could be a real handful.

Sadly I think his career is going to pass him by somewhat

I want him to be like Antonio for West Ham. Antonio has played most of his career as a right winger as far as I'm aware, yet he has been putting in some great performances up front and scoring goals with his head and feet through good positioning. 

I think a year in the Championship where he is fit and is 2nd choice striker would do him the world of good

• Like 1

Â