Keinan Davis

a-k

On 28/06/2020 at 01:36, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would give him another year to show us what he can do.

Definitely if we are going to be in the Championship. He should get plenty of game time but we do need a leading striker no question.

The thing that's disappointed me the most in the games he's played recently is his overall reluctance to shoot. he's had one or two chances but he rarely trusts himself to just put his foot through it on either side. that he doesn't trust himself will be noticed by the opposition as well. he has the ability to do so and he definitely is a handful, but no point doing one part of the job if he won't try the other. 

The other thing is that we don't have enough/any midfield runners around him when he creates space by fighting for the ball. We are not nearly assertive, or brave enough.

9 minutes ago, peterw said:

The thing that's disappointed me the most in the games he's played recently is his overall reluctance to shoot. he's had one or two chances but he rarely trusts himself to just put his foot through it on either side. that he doesn't trust himself will be noticed by the opposition as well. he has the ability to do so and he definitely is a handful, but no point doing one part of the job if he won't try the other. 

The other thing is that we don't have enough/any midfield runners around him when he creates space by fighting for the ball. We are not nearly assertive, or brave enough.

He has an average of 3.1 shots per 90 minutes in these 4 matches. That's not a bad shot per 90 ratio

5 shots in 70 minutes against sheffield.

0 shots in 60 minutes against chelsea

1 shot in 18 minutes against Newcastle

2 shots in 86 minutes against Wolces

many of the those - from watching is only when he has a clear sight of goal and usually in front of goal. he does not trust himself to try and hit it as soon as is possible, and very rarely from outside the box.

No finishing ability. Other than that a decent forward. If you want to compare to Heskey by 22 he had already got his big move to Liverpool by then.

He is not a bad option to have on the bench, but I think it is somewhat unlikely that he is going chip in with the goals to keep us up.  I suspect he is probably going to have a solid career in the Championship/League One.

He gotta stay fit for an extended period and get regular games, then we'll have a better idea of where he's heading.

He needs to work under a good attacking coach thou because he doesn't have the goal scoring instinct, so therefore he needs to learn it by practicing making the correct runs at the correct time.

I think over the last 4 games we have seen why Wesley was the No.1 striker not that he was much more of a threat but if he got in the box he did look like scoring at least

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think over the last 4 games we have seen why Wesley was the No.1 striker not that he was much more of a threat but if he got in the box he did look like scoring at least

Even though Wesley messed up most of what he tried, he was a threat to defences for whatever reason and our team looked more dangerous. Keinan might bully individual CBs but they don't see him as an attacking threat and aren't too fussed about stopping his runs.

Not good enough and I doubt he ever will be. Lower level championship striker for a team that plays route one football is about his level. A modern day michael ricketts.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Not good enough and I doubt he ever will be. Lower level championship striker for a team that plays route one football is about his level. A modern day michael ricketts.

Michael Ricketts-that's a blast for the past.  Back when Bolton were a  good side under fat sam. Another one-cap wonder.

On 03/07/2020 at 00:40, The Fun Factory said:
On 02/07/2020 at 19:58, villa89 said:

Sums up his performance today for me!

Controversial view but should we have just kept Kodjia on  after January? Granted he didn't look the same post injury, and Smith clearly didn't rate him but he was a finisher.  Kojia has been our only forward we have actually owned since Benteke in which you had a reasonable hope that he could score a goal or two during play.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Controversial view but should we have just kept Kodjia on  after January? Granted he didn't look the same post injury, and Smith clearly didn't rate him but he was a finisher.  Kojia has been our only forward we have actually owned since Benteke in which you had a reasonable hope that he could score a goal or two during play.

Not to mention create a goal himself out of nothing. He really did fill a Benteke shaped hole in my heart when he first came in. But he was finished this season to be fair.

I think people are very hard on him today. He was completely isolated up front chasing hopeless balls for most of the game. He won a few with 2 defenders on him and had absolutely no one to lay it off or pass to. He really needs a striker to play off him or Jack to actually put in some effort and get up beside him.

Â