Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Not massively no, they have a reputation for making up bullshit everyday in order to get attention. I'll have a dig around tomorrow, they seem so certain about the fee and agreeing terms that it would be mental if it were true and no-one else had it.

I figured as much. 

The whole thing feels like an agent playing the game to me. 

Not that I actually know anything about the player mind so I'm not sure whether I'm bothered or not!

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I figured as much. 

The whole thing feels like an agent playing the game to me. 

Not that I actually know anything about the player mind so I'm not sure whether I'm bothered or not!

surely his agent would have picked a more credible club from Premier League like a Everton or West Ham if he was trying to get attention

it just seems too made up that its probably true :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We really need to add some attacking players to the squad. Morrison and a striker would be most welcome. 

The bench proved that tonight with four defenders on it and the only attacking player being Andre Green.

With Gabby and Kozak having been frozen out we are lacking in forwards and need to sign at least one in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I just clicked on that twitter feed and someone posted the tweet from Xia about us signing a No.9 and he spells the word real with a capital 'R' when claiming the new stirker ' To be a Real good No.9'

It's happening. 

2 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I just clicked on that twitter feed and someone posted the tweet from Xia about us signing a No.9 and he spells the word real with a capital 'R' when claiming the new stirker ' To be a Real good No.9'

It's happening. 

pretty sure we're in for third choice Real Betis striker.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that we're relying on an unproven 21yr old Italian Goalkeeper?

Gollini may turn out to be better than De Gea, who knows, but for now I think another goalkeeper should be high on our wish list. He's already cost us two matches and we've only played 3. 

Jedinak will be a great signing I'm sure but for me, we need to desperately assess whether this kid is good enough for the next 43 games...

UTV

I agree with both @Delphinho123 and @kurtsimonw, it sounds like he pulled off some brilliant saves and is solid enough, is only 21 and has potential to be VERY good. It is tricky because dropping him could murder his confidence, but persisting with him could go either way, dropped points or grow him in stature. Don't want to ruin his future here but to be honest I ouldn't necessarily be averse to getting an older, experienced keeper for the here and now since our immediate aim is promotion.

Even more worryingly, we need to remember we pretty much only have Bunn as backup!

The signs are overall positive though, more midfield additions, defense etc, and under regular run of play we should never have been under so much pressure in the first place!

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

surely his agent would have picked a more credible club from Premier League like a Everton or West Ham if he was trying to get attention

it just seems too made up that its probably true :P

I think the rest of Europe are in denial about us not being in the Prem!  I mean it just isn't right so an agent just picks a team they know are big and always in the Prem without actually checking the facts!