Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

38 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No criticism of you or your post intended here but I'm utterly sick of seeing work rate referenced as a plus point for any player.

Work rate is an absolute bare minimum expectation from any player or should be, the face we collectively class it currently as being a positive for a player says more about the spineless individuals wearing our shirt in recent seasons than it does the players being referred too.

As for Hutton I don't even really think it's true he has a great work rate. Yes he bombs forward but he ambles back and is frequently out of position when the opposition have the ball.

Yes it is an absolute bare minimum in my own personal expectations of a professional football player (or any level tbh). I don't see your post as a criticism of me or my post (but thanks for clarifying :)) as I didn't say that 'anything other than that' is acceptable either. It is a bare minimum requirement, but I still see it as a positive in a player, as sometimes it is absent (which is unacceptable), even if other parts of that players game are poor. I suppose it's like when your selling a nackered old car; the basic requirement of a car is that it has wheels and an engine, if it was a pile of scrap but had an engine and wheels you'd say so when you described it.

I think we see so many players even in the PL and Europe, that although they're paintwork is excellent, and they have sat nav and air con, they don't have an engine or wheels... Maybe that's a poor analogy, so I'll drop it now!

But my point was people describing Alan Hutton as 'human garbage' or other such things isn't really accurate, there are a lot or people in the world I would describe as human garbage, but a footballer who seems to try relatively hard isn't one of them. 

That's just my opinion though, I think his attitude is ok and although positionally he is poor I don't think it's through laziness, just being poor at defending (especially while attacking).

Not trying to paint Alan Hutton as my best friend, the savior or Villa or anything else though! 

Edited by alreadyexists

Birmingham Mail running some gossip about signing Trippier on loan from Spuds but here's the article from RAV. What a signing this would be. Clicky

Aston Villa have made an enquiry to sign Tottenham right-back Kieran Trippier on a season-long loan, the Birmingham Mail believes.

Roberto Di Matteo has handed starts to Alan Hutton, Leandro Bacuna and Micah Richards at right-back so far this season, with none of the trio particularly impressing.

In the case of Bacuna, it’s very likely that he will leave the club before the end of the transfer window, and Di Matteo would like to bring in a quality fullback to solidify that position for their promotion campaign.

Tripper joined Tottenham last summer after an impressive season with Burnley in a deal worth £4.2m but was used in a rotational role to offer Kyle Walker some rest-bite during the season.

The former England U21 international made 19 appearances in all competitions for Spurs, but just five Premier League starts.

Spurs have welcomed back DeAndre Yedlin into the squad following his loan spell with Sunderland last season and it’s believed that the American’s impressive performances for Tottenham in preseason have seen him move ahead of Tripper in the squad.

Either way, Trippier will not be a regular player for Tottenham in the near future, so a loan move to a club where he’d play week in, week out would be great for the development of the 25-year-old.

• Like 2

Here's the bit from Birmingham Mail too (Scroll down a little bit to find it).

ASTON VILLA: Loan speculation

Rumours are gathering pace that Villa have enquired about taking right-back Kieran Trippier on loan from Spurs.

The former Burnley man is going to struggle for games this season.

He’s behind Kyle Walker and possibly even DeAndre Yedlin, who is back from a season-long loan at Sunderland.

Yedlin has looked sharp for Spurs in pre-season and may have moved ahead of Trippier.

Would be an excellent loan move for both clubs if you ask me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Birmingham Mail running some gossip about signing Trippier on loan from Spuds but here's the article from RAV. What a signing this would be. Clicky

Cool, I know very little about him other than he plays for Spurs. Is he really good then?

Edited by alreadyexists

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that we're relying on an unproven 21yr old Italian Goalkeeper?

Gollini may turn out to be better than De Gea, who knows, but for now I think another goalkeeper should be high on our wish list. He's already cost us two matches and we've only played 3. 

Jedinak will be a great signing I'm sure but for me, we need to desperately assess whether this kid is good enough for the next 43 games...

UTV

Cheeky bid for Joe Hart?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Cool, I know very little about him other than he plays for Spurs. Is he really good then?

He was standout for Burnley during their last promotion season (13/14) - the most noticeable thing I remember was his crossing ability.  Really good at getting forward and supplying dangerous crosses, but equally adept defensively.  From memory Spurs and Arsenal were interested and he went to Spurs.

Turned out to be a bit of a career stalling move, but if we get him on loan and if he replicates his form from that Burnley season, he'd be a top acquisition.

• Like 1

Tripper was very good for Burnely in Prem League IRRC got alot of assists ,loaning him would be a good move IMO over paying a fee for De Laat 

The Bologna MF is now linked with Milan , think we would struggle to tempt him over them

• Like 1