Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

12 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I think he will do well and there are more important areas to focus on IMO.  Gollini has made one error in the last two games and we conceded a fluke goal - and the communication with Elphick was partly responsible for that.  Last night he also made some terrific saves that prevented goals.  Our forwards also missed chance after chance and our midfield didn't do its in in the second half - they are just as culpable and they are the areas I would like us to focus on.

I agree Gary, he did produce some good saves. There was one really low shot (could've been a header) where he had to get down to the left corner and tipped it wide really well. The bloke next to me said, if that was Guzan we'd be a goal down, and he was right. 

Huddersfield beat Newcastle at the weekend, they're not rubbish by any means, but they only managed to score a rubbish goal against us. 9 times out of 10 you could try and do that clearance and it would bounce somewhere else. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I think he will do well and there are more important areas to focus on IMO.  Gollini has made one error in the last two games and we conceded a fluke goal - and the communication with Elphick was partly responsible for that.  Last night he also made some terrific saves that prevented goals.  Our forwards also missed chance after chance and our midfield didn't do its in in the second half - they are just as culpable and they are the areas I would like us to focus on.

To be fair, the size of that guy they brought on it would have been an achievement to have missed him. He was a right lump, he was so knackered after the goal celebration he never left their half after it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I agree Gary, he did produce some good saves. There was one really low shot (could've been a header) where he had to get down to the left corner and tipped it wide really well. The bloke next to me said, if that was Guzan we'd be a goal down, and he was right. 

If it's the one I'm thinking of from just outside the box, then I'm pretty sure he saw that quite late and did do well to get to it. I felt the two were they got in behind were far more impressive, though. Think the first one the ball bounced through to their player and he dived down and scooped the ball from danger with one hand. The second he dived at the players feet and grabbed the ball. Have a feeling most keepers wouldn't have had the balls to do that. I do like that he doesn't seem to lack any kind of confidence - so hopefully this goal doesn't hit him hart.

• Like 2

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-confirms-aston-villa-offer-impressive-youngster/?

Agent confirms Aston Villa offer for impressive youngster

Bologna midfielder Amadou Diawara has been linked to a few currently succesful European clubs, but recent reports have suggested Aston Villa in the Championship are also keen on signing him.

A few reports claim Aston Villa have already made contact for the Guinea midfielder, whilst Italian journalist Gianluca di Marzio made claims that the Championship side would be prepared to pay €17m.

Diawara’s agent Daniel Piraino has been speaking to Sportitalia(via Calciomercato), and has confirmed Aston Villa have made an offer to Bologna.

He said: “There is an offer of Aston Villa? It’s true, but that has to do with Bologna, not me.”

The 19-year-old was in impressive form last season, and has been compared to Manchester City’s Yaya Toure. Serie A club Napoli are also said to be interested in Diawara, and Aston Villa face competition from the Champions League side.

It would be a tough ask for Villa to pull this one off and it’s perhaps the kind of signing they should be aiming for next summer, when hopefully they’ll be a Premier League side again.

So not bollox then

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

He's actually made 2 errors in 3 games.

Given the experience RDM has opted for in other areas of the team - I can't see why he has gone for an untested rookie as first choice keeper. Im sure big Tony will soon be on the case and we will either have Bunn or another keeper.

32 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Agent: "not my concern".

Yeah, right.

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well, doesn't sound like he really wants to come does he :lol:

I'm thinking thats what the Agent meant. Bologna has accepted the offer but that's not hos concern because they know where he wanta to go or not go etc.

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Given the experience RDM has opted for in other areas of the team - I can't see why he has gone for an untested rookie as first choice keeper. Im sure big Tony will soon be on the case and we will either have Bunn or another keeper.

tv no 30 rock please tina fey

• Like 1

After Jedinak (which I think is a fantastic signing at our level) I reckon we need a proper RB, a right mid and maybe another striker in that order of preference. Hear me out.

Right back - Obvious one. Hutton is literal human garbage.

Right mid - Ayew is not a proper right mid/winger. He's not great at tracking back and with his attitude I don't really want him covering the new right back and making a lot of tackles. This would allow him to operate solely as a striker to compete with Gestede and McCormack up top with RHM as fourth choice. Plus, we don't have any other natural right wingers in the team who can play regularly (Traore - fitness, Green - too young to be a regular this season)

Striker - Probably the least of my worries at the moment but a loan signing of someone like Bamford would obviously be a big boost in terms of competition. Would give us 5 strikers for two places though which might be a bit too much.

Another strong CM is also essential after Jedinak. Jedi will be off for World Cup qualifiers over the next few months and it's a lot of travel to backwater places like Bangladesh and Perth, so he may need to be rotated a bit, leaving us with Westwood.

• Like 2

I don't think Hutton is good enough either, but to be fair to him is attitude and workrate has rarely been in question, his ability; yes many times, but as a person and professional he does seem to work hard and try his best at least. The fact his best is not good enough is the problem.

Striker, I think you're right in that it used to be very high on my list but after seeing Rudy seemingly become a different player in the last two games it's a bit lower... But it couldn't hurt to have Bamford on loan/buy or Hernandez would be brilliant (if unlikely now). 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hippo said:

Maybe because they are very, very , hard to find ?  Clubs with far more clout than ours struggle to get decent keepers, its a lost art.  I'm not sure there is much wrong with having listened to our GK Coach and getting a guy he wants, then sticking with him and working with him.

He will make mistakes, but so will everyone.  Way too soon to be concerned IMO, in fact he looks pretty calm and measured and has produced some decent saves.  Messing around too much with this position is usually a bad idea.....look what happened when Tim started chopping and changing, and even Pep's decision re Hart nearly came back to bite him at the weekend.

For as long as he plays well but makes mistakes, rather than playing poorly, I don't think there is an issue.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't think Hutton is good enough either, but to be fair to him is attitude and workrate has rarely been in question, his ability; yes many times, but as a person and professional he does seem to work hard and try his best at least. The fact his best is not good enough is the problem.

Striker, I think you're right in that it used to be very high on my list but after seeing Rudy seemingly become a different player in the last two games it's a bit lower... But it couldn't hurt to have Bamford on loan/buy or Hernandez would be brilliant (if unlikely now). 

I agree, but that was only a plus when most others work rate was shocking.

RDM now has (so far) all the First Team working hard, so Huttons one merit point is pretty redundant.

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Gollini for the most part saved our ass tonight IMO. Sometimes sticking with a someone can help in the long run too. de Gea was far, far worse and at a much less forgiving level. 

100% correct. In fact it was a freak goal last night nothing more to say.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Another strong CM is also essential after Jedinak. Jedi will be off for World Cup qualifiers over the next few months and it's a lot of travel to backwater places like Bangladesh and Perth, so he may need to be rotated a bit, leaving us with Westwood.

That's a good point actually.

I notice we're playing Brighton on the Friday after one of the international breaks so very difficult to see him getting back on time and in decent shape to play a crucial game.

I think we'll get another 2 CMs in.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I agree, but that was only a plus when most others work rate was shocking.

RDM now has (so far) all the First Team working hard, so Huttons one merit point is pretty redundant.

Yep, I agree with you.