Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

51 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Some of the older posters on here would remember Sellyoakvilla being ITK about the Darren Bent transfer along with Mysteryman.

It was only like 5 and a half years ago! Now I feel old.

He was definitely ITK although I don't know if it's still the case. MM was a funny one - spot on about most things but then spectacularly claimed that we weren't after McLeish the day before we appointed him.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

@sellyoakvilla who used to post on here quite regularly posted it on twitter. His username is @rchrdfrnks . His friend was flying to Italy from Birmingham airport and took the pictures. He has a locked account so you will have to follow him. I would screenshot it but that involves too much work. 

That twitter username looks like Richard Franks. I don't suppose that Sellyoakvilla has anything to do with Paul Franks the sports presenter from WM? Might get his inside info from him perhaps? Just putting 2 and 2 together etc :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He was definitely ITK although I don't know if it's still the case. MM was a funny one - spot on about most things but then spectacularly claimed that we weren't after McLeish the day before we appointed him.

That must have been the club flushing out the leak....

28 minutes ago, Mantis said:

MM was close to Sid who was involved in the first team at the time.  That's where a lot of his info came from.

He used to tap Faulkner for info but I was never convinced that Faulkner ever gave anything away, hence the McLeish clanger.

13 minutes ago, villarocker said:

That twitter username looks like Richard Franks. I don't suppose that Sellyoakvilla has anything to do with Paul Franks the sports presenter from WM? Might get his inside info from him perhaps? Just putting 2 and 2 together etc :ph34r:

It is Richard Franks.  I remember him being an aspiring journalist when he was on here so probably where he got his links from.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Very different players by the sound of it, though.

They are villanwesty88.

Morrison is more of an attacking midfielder, playing just behind the strikers, while Diawara plays from a lot deeper. More like a DM position.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

He did get the Chinese investors bit right - 2 years later.

At any case, an upgtade on Westwood for sure.

To have a midfield of him and Tshibola could give other players much freedom.

If we could somehow get Diawara and keep Veretout I would go as far as to say that this midfield is the best we had since god knows how long !