Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I have no doubt there are plans in place and work going on in the background to make this happen at some stage. 

i think we'd have to set up the same sort of academy that man city have where its a school and then bring the youth in as a scholarship deal instead, or if we'd struck a partnership with a local university in the summer...

at the moment we'd be better trying to set up an academy over there

1 hour ago, sne said:

Would N'Doye get a work permit?

30 y.o with only 9 caps for Senegal. (Behind Gana in the pecking order at midfield.) 

If selected, off to the African Cup of Nations in January...

I might be wrong, but aren't the African Cup of Nations tournaments only every other year, in even numbered years? I'm pretty sure there was one last January, so I doubt we'd lose any players to qualifiers as there are international breaks for that, so might lose them in January 2018 if they qualify...

As I say though, not that up on my African football so happy to be corrected.

Edited by alreadyexists

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I might be wrong, but aren't the African Cup of Nations tournaments only every other year, in even numbered years? I'm pretty sure there was one last January, so I doubt we'd lose any players to qualifiers as there are international breaks for that, so might lose them in January 2018 if they qualify...

it moved to odd years a few years ago

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Lol.  I considered trying to correct you but gave in.........

I'm utterly bamboozled !!:unsure:

I don't know what "even numbered every other year" can possibly mean, and I don't know how that,( if I did know what it meant), fits with "last year" - as that was 2015, which is an odd numbered year, and I don't know how, if last year was one, there could then be one in 2018, which would be three years away but an even year !!

:blink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

Lol.  I considered trying to correct you but gave in.........

I'm utterly bamboozled !!:unsure:

I don't know what "even numbered every other year" can possibly mean, and I don't know how that,( if I did know what it meant), fits with "last year" - as that was 2015, which is an odd numbered year, and I don't know how, if last year was one, there could then be one in 2018, which would be three years away but an even year !!

:blink:

Ha! I didn't think it was that confusingly worded, but apparently I'm wrong anyway :)

I meant in even numbered years, which is every other year, I should've said one or the other not both!

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ha! I didn't think it was that confusingly worded, but apparently I'm wrong anyway :)

I meant in even numbered years, which is every other year, I should've said one or the other not both!

No, you were right. You could have odd-numbered years, every other year (2015, 2017, 2019, etc.) Even-numbered alternate years would be 2016, 2018, 2020... 

You were perfectly clear the first time. 

• Like 1

Anyway it starts on January 14th

AFCON has been a bit of a mess in recent years thanks to war and Ebola. Moved from Libya to Gabon, and the tournament before that was moved from Morocco to Equatorial Guniea.

46 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyway it starts on January 14th

AFCON has been a bit of a mess in recent years thanks to war and Ebola. Moved from Libya to Gabon, and the tournament before that was moved from Morocco to Equatorial Guniea.

Africa is huge ffs. Why don't they just move it to one of the countries less like to implode, of which their are actually quite a few!

• Like 2