Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Confidence plays a big part in games like this. We don't have it. 

No the players heads went as soon as Luton scored. The 2nd half Villa just reverted back to how they played last season, bloody awful, the subs were questionable! We bought Gestede on and he never saw the ball! Why bring a player on if your not going to play to his strength! Going to be a long season.

• Like 1

Tonight compounded how bereft of confidence and quality we are. Elphick did a phenomenal job Sunday, he's going to be massive for us this season. He can't do it all on his own, need more of his type of character in midfield and in defence. 

I can't blame Morrison for having second thoughts as the tripe served up tonight could have been last season, as it was identical. 

• Like 1

@StefanAVFC let's not quote out of context ;)

In a team where morale is high, drive to succeed is in gear and a team work ethic is in place these footballers would be welcome additions. Okore has known defeat for most of his Villa career, Richards has had the man city treatment. 

It's a mental disorder and will take time to overcome. More experienced, solid examples will help build that confidence again. 

• Like 1

Just now, wilko154 said:

Two games in and I don't even care anymore. We could sign Messi and we would still lose every week.

Of course we would, he's a tax dodging, luxury player who could raise the team spirit of a self-raising cake mixture. We need spirit, we need character, we need more Elphicks! 

3 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

@StefanAVFC let's not quote out of context ;)

In a team where morale is high, drive to succeed is in gear and a team work ethic is in place these footballers would be welcome additions. Okore has known defeat for most of his Villa career, Richards has had the man city treatment. 

It's a mental disorder and will take time to overcome. More experienced, solid examples will help build that confidence again. 

Okore yes I agree. Richards needs a shotgun blast through the face.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Okore yes I agree. Richards needs a shotgun blast through the face.

Lol (sorry for the text speak but I actually did). 

Richards though was Man Citied, like Ireland and Michael Johnson. There is a really good player in there, but he should not be captain......ever........ever. 

Defence was a huge weakness last year. Okore I thought would make an acceptable back up at a lower level but looking at him I really don't see a way back from this. He looked absolutely shot in that second half like he wanted to cry, he could barely kick the ball. I imagine I'd feel the same if I was playing alongside Richards but even so I think he needs to move if he is to resurrect his career. 

Richards - what can you say, definitely not a centre half is he! The most inept performance in the second half I've ever seen from a CB. He is so brain dead from a footballing perspective he makes Gabby look like Mesut Ozil. The guy is so top heavy his balance is completely gone to the point he gets made a mug of by League 2 players. 

Hutton - no just no.

So two CBs and a RB added to the list. If we get anywhere near promotion RDM and owners will have to be very very busy in the next few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Lol (sorry for the text speak but I actually did). 

Richards though was Man Citied, like Ireland and Michael Johnson. There is a really good player in there, but he should not be captain......ever........ever. 

He wasn't Man Citied though, he started his career there and was for a large chunk of it surrounded by world beaters. Now he's being exploited for what he really is.

Can only assume that Dr Tony is going to be just as embarrassed by that as the rest of us, and hopefully he won't stand for it, gets his cheque book out and is prepared to pay and possibly over pay for the type of signings that will sort this mess of a squad out.

Who do we have that's even any good?! 

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

7EI0V9bHVhlAc.gif

I saw that movie so many times as a kid I can still quote most of the lyrics to the rap in this scene off the top of my head. 

• Like 3