Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Spot on theboyangel. I have wanted us to prioritise a RB this summer from the start. Hutton and Richards are both terrible defenders and if we want to improve should be nowhere near the first team. Playing them in defence is like having loose cannons on a ship blowing holes in itself. I am thinking we need another CB as well, as if we suffer an injury to Elphick or Baker then we are back to playing the duffers again.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

We really are in need of Gareth Barry or someone similar. An old wise head in midfield to keep hold of the ball and give the defence a break and the strikers chance to move. 

Yep, someone with a bit of game knowhow in the centre would be superb. Burnley had Joey Barton last year and he was instrumental in their promotion by all accounts, we need someone of similar standard (but perhaps not such an arse). GB would be perfect if we could get him in.

• Like 1

We need six minimum including a complete new midfield. If any more go, which they should, we need to bring in replacements for them also.

Priorities for me are a solid CM who would give us a base to play from and a proper mobile target man for Ayew and McCormack to work around.

The only positive to draw from last night is that DrX saw first hand that major change is needed - the chances of six coming in mind seem very unlikely

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think we need a sports psychologist on board, if we don't already, if he want's to keep any of these players from last season.

They are broken men. Richards however is a lost cause.

If I were Dr Tony, I would offer Steve Peters a Rooney-level salary for the next six months. 

1 hour ago, Wonkertonk said:

This whole Football Club is depressing at the moment. Last night's defeat has really got to me, so disappointed and angry with it. I booked tickets for the Rotherham game last night, just before kick off, #fail.

Me too. We'll win that I think. Probably another stinker, but I think we will.

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Me too. We'll win that I think. Probably another stinker, but I think we will.

I admire the optimism, but nah. This team cannot keep clean sheets and will collapse when it lets a goal in, and people like Ayew will swan around thinking he's too good for it all. 0-3.

Too many signings needed, too many players needed to get rid.

Just now, Pilchard said:

I admire the optimism, but nah. This team cannot keep clean sheets and will collapse when it lets a goal in, and people like Ayew will swan around thinking he's too good for it all. 0-3.

Too many signings needed, too many players needed to get rid.

Nope. We are three good signings away. More would be better of course.

Just now, Jareth said:

Nope. We are three good signings away. More would be better of course.

You are dreaming with that.

The new goalkeeper is dodgy. We don't have a decent right back. We need a central defender, midfielder who can tackle, midfielder who can create and another striker.  That's five before we consider injuries to players which would mean the knobheads return to the team.

Its not just the players - we play a formation that has failed us for five years now but this year stretched it so that full backs have no protection and the central midfield look even more lost.

We are far more away from three signings to even being even even mid table. We haven't won in six months for goodness sake.

• Like 2

Just now, Pilchard said:

The new goalkeeper is dodgy. We don't have a decent right back. We need a central defender, midfielder who can tackle, midfielder who can create and another striker.  That's five before we consider injuries to players which would mean the knobheads return to the team.

Its not just the players - we play a formation that has failed us for five years now but this year stretched it so that full backs have no protection and the central midfield look even more lost.

We are far more away from three signings to even being even even mid table. We haven't won in six months for goodness sake.

Dont panic.

Just now, Pilchard said:

Bit early to be saying the new GK is dodgy isn't it? Looked very good apart from that one mistake. These things happen.

Though, agree with the rest.