Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Well, there's been lots of tweets, speculative discussion and puns flying around for a few days now, but still no actual signings.  No doubt we are busy working away, but would like to see a few good signings done soon. Around 21 days left - still a lot of business to be done I think.

Edited by Gary Thomas

21 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

What's the deal with the Championship window after the Premier League one closes? we can still buy people through September right?

only mid-season loans

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think it will be like someone said on here a few weeks ago. A lot of our business will be done late when some of our targets realise they aren't going to get a better offer from a PL or overseas club and will have to drop down into The Aston Villa founded football league.

Unfortunately we no longer dine at the top table and they will all be sniffing around for empty chairs before moving onto the floor. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wouldn't you rather it was somebody exciting who doesn't reject us?

Ha,  I wrote that completely wrong,  was meant to say I hope it isn't him,  I really need to read what I'm typing...

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

19 years old and HE has decided where he is going to play and nowhere else. It really makes you despair,  everything which is wrong with modern football right there. Steer well clear I say sounds like trouble especially if he has gone AWOL. 

Exactly. Going on strike to force a move. We can do without players like that. Its not just about ability, its about their personality nd attitude as well and he fails massively on that

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Exactly. Going on strike to force a move. We can do without players like that. Its not just about ability, its about their personality nd attitude as well and he fails massively on that

Benteke went on strike to join us...

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Benteke went on strike to join us...

Yeah and he couldn't wait to leave us.after his first and third seasons. I'm sure it would have been the same after his second season if he wasn't injured. I'm not knocking his contribution to the club, it was immense, but I'm a bit old fashioned... I like to see people actually care about playing for us instead of seeing us as a stepping stone like Gana

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Even though we have a positive net spend? Let's not let the facts get in the way of a petulant comment eh

If he had real ambition, we would have kept the high earners and let them train with the kids whilst also making signings. That would be a real signal of intent! As it stands he has done nothing to warrant praise.

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Unfortunately we no longer dine at the top table and they will all be sniffing around for empty chairs before moving onto the floor. 

Bit like that desperate look around the nightclub at 2am to see if there is anyone to cop off with

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

The most impressive thing so far has been the sheer volume of people we've been able to get off the books. Of all those gone, I'd say only Gana would have been a starter!

Midfield is where we are weak sadly, so feel it's been the biggest impact. If we could get another DM or a solid CM by the weekend that would be great.