• Cissokho
  • Westwood
  • Bacuna
  • Grealish
  • Traore

Solid:

• Baker
  • Amavi
  • Tshibola (limited time but looks the part; passes, challenges etc.)
  • Ayew

Class:

• Gollini
  • Elphick
  • McCormack

In conclusion that's seven first teamers and a bench full of squad players.  Therefore we need 4 players minimum - RB, CM, AMC, CF and probably a winger and another CB

Let's be pleased the signings made so far are on the right side of our needs

Agree mostly, but probably would put Okore, Gardner (just), Veretout and Gestede in squad also.

Okore looked better in first half, and was covering Richards as well. When he was partnered with Baker it looked better. Baker definitely looks more solid right now and deserves to be partnering Elphick; but would rule Okore out of being in the squad. Would prefer Cissohko out but given Bennett going we do need cover. 

Would say 2 (1 defensive, 1 attacking/creative) midfielders, a target/poacher up top and a right back are essential. Was beginning to think Richards night be OK as back up until tonight but now think this is needed.

I don't think this result would have changed players minds, but they might ask for a few more grand to their wage packet... 

Given that comment from Xia, does begin to make me think this was for them to play for the shirt.I think we are going to see A LOT of movement over the next few weeks.

Edited by cyrusr
Text size went wrong
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I can't tell if your annoyed with Villa or I've upset you? :unsure:

I only quoted yours to say what I'd do to them all :)

annoyed that your version made more sense - I should learn to accept the reality!

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I genuinely feel sorry for the bloke. Imagine how utterly deflating tonight must have been after all that money he has spent and the effort he is going to about being positive in regards to rebuilding. It's like opening your shiney Xmas present, expecting a Super Nintedo and getting a ZX Spectrum instead (Thx Mum).

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 4

Just now, Chewie said:

I genuinely feel sorry for the bloke. Imagine how utterly deflating tonight must have been after all that money he has spent and the effort he is going to about be positive un regards to rebuilding. It's like opening your shiney Xmas present, expecting a Super Nintedo and getting a ZX Spectrum instead (Thx Mum).

Except it cost £85m and it's come out of your pocket money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chewie said:

I genuinely feel sorry for the bloke. Imagine how utterly deflating tonight must have been after all that money he has spent and the effort he is going to about being positive in regards to rebuilding. It's like opening your shiney Xmas present, expecting a Super Nintedo and getting a ZX Spectrum instead (Thx Mum).

It's also akin to spending a wedge of cash on a property that you think you can renovate and improve only to find that it's got subsidence, dry rot, wet rot, is on a flood plain and is inhabited by a bunch of lazy good for nothing squatters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

It's also akin to spending a wedge of cash on a property that you think you can renovate and improve only to find that it's got subsidence, dry rot, wet rot, is on a flood plain and is inhabited by a bunch of lazy good for nothing squatters.

don't forget the fact that it's also build on an Indian burial ground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Subsidence - Hutton.

Dry rot - Gardner.

Wet rot - Bacuna.

Flood plain - Richards.

Lazy, good for nothing squatters - Lescott & Gabby.

Was I close?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Subsidence - Hutton.

Dry rot - Gardner.

Wet rot - Bacuna.

Flood plain - Richards.

Lazy, good for nothing squatters - Lescott & Gabby.

Was I close?

Yes I guess so. Flood plain means you need a really good defence, and the others are all difficult and expensive to get rid of.

2 hours ago, supermon said:

Says a lot when so far the new signings have been the only positives of the new campaign...so get rid of last year's shit

Which gives me confidence that RDM is trying to bring in players with "good character" aswell as ability. So far his dealings in and out have been impressive.

Also agree about the need to replace much of the squad. I've read that such wholesale changes are unrealistic, but tonight has shown us that we are attempting to build on rotten foundations. If your head drops after conceding a goal to Luton Town, you have no place in a team who aspire to return to the Premier League. 

We aren't going up this season with these players so i see no reason against a complete purge.