Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Looking at this absolute shower once again against Luton we need to stop looking to buy £14m players and go out and get 3 or 4 solid dependable championship players in the mould of Elphick because we need wholesale change as I knew from the last kick of last season. We need to absolutely replace everyone literally no one who was here from last year should stay,  even one of them will infect the new players.  We are like a plague ship 

Edited by sidcow

i dont think 50 million is going to fix this shambles! This is an absolute poor squad and i would say we need 8-9 new players. Not going to do anythink while we have the likes of Hutton,Richards etc in the side! 

• Like 1

He needs to bite the bullet and start overpaying for a few new signings, we need to get many new faces in quick. Look at Man U, Man C, Chelsea etc... All have overpaid for players to win things but the success/financial rewards it brings far outweighs the initial costs of the players signed. We need to emulate this to some degree and abuse our supposed financial muscle to get out of this league as the cautious approach could potentially leave us stuck and with the tumultuous squad we've got at present there is too much being left to chance. 

Tony, dig deep and sort this **** out. 

Edited by Ingram85

Chester, Ledley et al. Are looking a good shout at the minute.

Okore looked like he wanted to leave the field injured, Richards has no leadership qualities. We need some players of mental strength to be able to position players, organise them and encourage them. 

Passing, interceptions, tackling stats mean sweet F A without the mental strength that goes with them. That's why I don't miss Gana. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Exactly. We can't really say no to players like Chester and Ledley. They would be among the best players in our squad.

Some of the Luton players would be the best in our squad! 

Incidentally I don't think getting rid of Richards or Okore is a good idea. I think getting in players who can help rebuild them stronger is what's needed. 

Sinclair only scored on his debut for Celtic as they are a team of title winners. In all honesty I watched that game and Celtic were lucky to win but that's what confidence brings. 

Price is one measure, technical skill is another - I really want players of mental fortitude. More like Elphick! 

Just now, GeneralJazzman said:

Incidentally I don't think getting rid of Richards or Okore is a good idea. I think getting in players who can help rebuild them stronger is what's needed. 

Sinclair only scored on his debut for Celtic as they are a team of title winners. In all honesty I watched that game and Celtic were lucky to win but that's what confidence brings. 

Price is one measure, technical skill is another - I really want players of mental fortitude. More like Elphick! 

Richards is on 70k a week.  This turd wont flush unfort