Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

20 minutes ago, KHV said:

I agree with your wife if I'm honest. There really was no need for you to do that to the cat

Well he needed a willy warmer and the cat was the closest thing he could get his hands on! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If there is any truth in the Diawara thing, it would certainly explain Xia's excitement.

And what a statement of intent it would be. He actually looks to be exactly what we need.

Ultimately, I expect it to end up like most things Villa - in disappointment. Despite this, the ambition and willingness to spend are very encouraging.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

£17m for a guy linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs, Is there a danger we could leave ourselves short due to being to ambitious?

To be fair 14th in Serie A is feasible to be competing with in today's money... this isn't the 90's anymore

2 minutes ago, Intercourse_The_Penguin said:

I like the idea of this. 

He could really be the player to guide us up to the next level...

If he doesn't do well it may see us slide down the table..

Bannister is (supposedly) the false rumour, not even sure if he actually exists, was meant to be a youth player at Chelsea. Think it might have been made up to see how many twitter 'itk' accounts jumped onto it.

9 minutes ago, mwj said:

To be fair 14th in Serie A is feasible to be competing with in today's money... this isn't the 90's anymore

I referring more to the fact that in recent months there have been links to Chelsea, Roma, Juve, and B Munich. 

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Eggs and fish are fine, but we've set the rail a bit high finding banister puns.

You can get professional help to stop you making puns about stairs.  It is a three step programme.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Bannister is (supposedly) the false rumour, not even sure if he actually exists, was meant to be a youth player at Chelsea. Think it might have been made up to see how many twitter 'itk' accounts jumped onto it.

He plays for Halifax Town FC

• Like 1