Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Warnock said:

He wasn't Man Citied though, he started his career there and was for a large chunk of it surrounded by world beaters. Now he's being exploited for what he really is.

Look at his appearance record from 2012, it's probably a mixture of injury, replaced by Zabaleta etc. But he barely played for years despite being on their books and ruined confidence (man citied). Almost 2 years out of regular football. 

Posted in Relegation thread but...

Not good enough:

• Richards
  • Okore
  • Gardner
  • Veretout
  • Gestede
  • Gabby
  • Lescott

Squad:

• Bunn
  • Hutton
  • Cissokho
  • Westwood
  • Bacuna
  • Grealish
  • Traore

Solid:

• Baker
  • Amavi
  • Tshibola (limited time but looks the part; passes, challenges etc.)
  • Ayew

Class:

• Gollini
  • Elphick
  • McCormack

In conclusion that's seven first teamers and a bench full of squad players.  Therefore we need 4 players minimum - RB, CM, AMC, CF and probably a winger and another CB

Let's be pleased the signings made so far are on the right side of our needs

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Lol (sorry for the text speak but I actually did). 

Richards though was Man Citied, like Ireland and Michael Johnson. There is a really good player in there, but he should not be captain......ever........ever. 

Cmon man how can you say there is a really good player in there as regards Richards, he's beyond shit and blames everyone else for it.  I can't fathom how anyone could see him as anything but a joke. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Richards is doo doo. Accept it.

I'm a teacher, you get the students you do and judged on your results. If you dismiss human nature from your students then they won't achieve. I believe he will get better - can't get any worse right....

1 minute ago, GeneralJazzman said:

I'm a teacher, you get the students you do and judged on your results. If you dismiss human nature from your students then they won't achieve. I believe he will get better - can't get any worse right....

So am I. Teaching is not football. Kids are not overpaid adults either.

Edited by sexbelowsound

5 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

It really worries me is that he probably can.....and will get worse.

I'm not a teacher but still think he's terrible. I genuinely believe his calamities seem to be infectious. He's always falling over, on corners he was running into our own players effectively taking them and himself out of the game and his tracking back is just a joke. The fact RDM made him captain really concerns me greatly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, honest_bertie said:

I'm not a teacher but still think he's terrible. I genuinely believe his calamities seem to be infectious. He's always falling over, on corners he was running into our own players effectively taking them and himself out of the game and his tracking back is just a joke. The fact RDM made him captain really concerns me greatly.

Very honest of you Bertie.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

So am I. Teaching is not football. Kids are not overpaid adults either.

It is; coaching is teaching, development is teaching, tactic are taught, mentality can be learned and football titles can be earned through learning. 

I have issues with some over privileged A Level students from time to time, so lots of similarities.  

Else what is it? Why have academies? Why get developmental players? Why bother with experienced players (life long learnng)?

life is learning

Edited by GeneralJazzman

22 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Posted in Relegation thread but...

Not good enough:

• Richards
  • Bacuna
  • Bunn
  • Hutton
  • Okore
  • Cissokho
  • Westwood
  • Gardner
  • Gestede
  • Gabby
  • Lescott

Squad:

• Baker
  • Veretout
  • Grealish
  • Traore

Solid:

• Amavi
  • Tshibola (limited time but looks the part; passes, challenges etc.)
  • Ayew

Class:

• Gollini
  • Elphick
  • McCormack

FTFY

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Incidentally I don't think getting rid of Richards or Okore is a good idea. I think getting in players who can help rebuild them stronger is what's needed. 

Sinclair only scored on his debut for Celtic as they are a team of title winners. In all honesty I watched that game and Celtic were lucky to win but that's what confidence brings. 

Price is one measure, technical skill is another - I really want players of mental fortitude. More like Elphick! 

Okore is just shit, you aren't going to do anything to improve the team involving him, other than selling him. 

Sinclair is playing in the best team in a dogshit league. Wouldn't make a difference here. 

Tonight has laid bare just how much work we have to do!  IF we were really honest.....that not good enough list above would include Richards, Okore, Lescott, Hutton, Cissokho, Bacuna, Gardner, Westwood, Gestede and Gabby. We also have talented young players like Grealish, Tshibola and Green who need to improve to help us dominate and win games.  That is not a criticism of them, it is just where they are in their career development stage - we cannot and should not be relying on these players to get us promoted. They are very good squad players. 

Edited by Gary Thomas