Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, sidcow said:

19 years old and HE has decided where he is going to play and nowhere else. It really makes you despair,  everything which is wrong with modern football right there. Steer well clear I say sounds like trouble especially if he has gone AWOL. 

Obviously not an ideal attitude, but worth remembering that Benteke, Ayew, et al went on strike before joining us and were well worth buying. Even Gareth Barry, who's seen by many as a model pro kicked up a hell of a stink to try and engineer a move to Liverpool. I'd much rather ambitious quality players like Diawara than loyal plodders like Westwood.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Straggler said:

You can get professional help to stop you making puns about stairs.  It is a three step programme.

It gives us something to hold onto in these worrying times

Seemingly taken absence without leave from

Bologna‘s pre-season training amid suggestions the midfielder is set to depart this summer.

After the Rossoblu’s former sporting director Panteleo Corvino spotted the talented youngster plying his trade for San Marino in the Serie D, the Guinea-born midfielder arrived at the Rossoblu last summer for a fee believed to be around €500,000.

But following an impressive season in the Serie A, which saw the 18-year-old make 34 appearances, Diawara has been missing in action with Il Resto del Carlino claiming that the defensive midfielder missed Bologna’s first pre-season training session and could potentially be missing from the peninsula.

Gazette

CHELSEA target Amadou Diawara has gone missing in action with current club Bologna fearing he’s in London.

The hugely talented 18-year-old has been on the Premier League side’s radar since 

Sun

Chelsea, Roma, Juve. I've no idea where this lad will end up, but it isn't going to be here. 

Edited by av1

Yeah it looks very unlikely. We may have had a better chance of signing this player if we were in the Premier League, but I cannot see a highly sort after player opting to move here while we are a Championship team. Judging by some of the reports above, it is probably for the best anyway.

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah it looks very unlikely. We may have had a better chance of signing this player if we were in the Premier League, but I cannot see a highly sort after player opting to move here while we are a Championship team. Judging by some of the reports above, it is probably for the best anyway.

yes and we have not sold any one to raise the fee

Well Football Italia claims he has rejected us and has his heart set on Roma.

http://www.football-italia.net/89058/diawara-rejects-€17m-aston-villa?

Amadou Diawara has reportedly turned down a €17m offer from Aston Villa, as the Bologna rebel has his heart set on Roma.

The 19-year-old midfielder has gone AWOL from pre-season training in protest at the lack of a transfer.

According to Calciomercato.it, he let the club know via his agent that he has no intention of playing for anyone other than Roma.

4 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

yes and we have not sold any one to raise the fee

Even though we have a positive net spend? Let's not let the facts get in the way of a petulant comment eh

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

You can get professional help to stop you making puns about stairs.  It is a three step programme.

Couldn't we offer a player as a make weight ?? Sort of a ballast trade ???

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Obviously not an ideal attitude, but worth remembering that Benteke, Ayew, et al went on strike before joining us and were well worth buying. Even Gareth Barry, who's seen by many as a model pro kicked up a hell of a stink to try and engineer a move to Liverpool. I'd much rather ambitious quality players like Diawara than loyal plodders like Westwood.

It works the other way too. Look at Tony Hibbert. 25 years and he finds out via the website that he's not getting another contract.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Words cannot express how much I hate puns, like.... seriously, can we start handing out bans?

Using a bar could be the start of a slippery slope. 

• Like 2