The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Akin to 'has he gone yet?' which is the most irritating and pointless question on this site.

Google it.

Whats Google?

Has he had the chop yet? The Tin-Tack?  The Firing Squad? The walk round Deadlys Garden?

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

3.15pm.

Whenever it's done I just hope we do it with a bit more class than how Newcastle sacked McLaren.

Hood over his head and transported by plane to French Guyana forced to join the French Foreign Legion?

Seems a bit harsh...

August.

Working party to be formed in the following weeks to consider what's needed when looking to recruit a Director of Recruitment who will then be able to analyse the market to facilitate the Managerial appointment 'without delay'.

New Manager could be in post as early as 5 or 6 games into the start of the season thus allowing plenty of time to draw up a hit list of up to two players he'd like to be tenuously rumoured to be linked with in the January window.

Not that it will happen, but I would be shocked if a new manager could turn this squad around. There is enough quality in there to have kept us in the premiership and if a new manager did come in and changed our fortunes I would blame the players 100%. In my view its disgusting not playing your best just because you don't rate the manager, but even moreso, when it sacrifices your premiership status, this just proves the players don't give a shit for our club.

I also think if he does go today the board would still show they are a little amateurish not bringing in someone before the end of the season. This is the most important time the squad need to be assessed for the season ahead.

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess this is the 'grey' area. I believe there is more in this squad than our currently coaches are getting. We have a number of experienced PL players who have gone to utter shite pretty much all this season.

Which experienced players have gone to Shite this season? I would argue that most of them have never been that good, or are living on their reputations from many years ago now.

Gabby is one who has been awful for many years now, ditto most of the players we have kept on from previous seasons (Hutton/Westwood/Bacuna/Guzan/Clark etc). We have been absolutely terrible for the last 4-5 seasons, only keeping our head above the relegation zone thanks largely to Benteke and his goalscoring and he was sold last summer. If you analysed our previous seasons I bet Benteke was responsible for 3/4 of our goals at least, which is a lot to rely on one player. This season is a culmination of bad recruitment over a number of seasons, where we have basically sold off any decent signing we have made and left ourselves with the chaff. Which we then decided to re-sign on an extended contract.

Of the experienced players bought in last summer, so exempt from the previous season criticism, Richards has barely played for years (For a reason), Lescott is in his retirement home and again hasn't been good for years, who have I forgotten? Oh yeah, Sinclair has had one half decent season a few years ago, and not been much good since.

Just when you thought this club couldn't possibly get any worse, they're about to sack a manager after about 5 months and replace him with Nigel ***** Pearson or some shit. Aston Villa FC has to be the cruelest joke in history at this point.

• Like 4

I imagine it like the LVG situation at Utd. Until he has mathmatically failed his objective then sacking him becomes very expensive. Not really much incentive for Villa to get rid early. I'd expect them to wait until we are officially relegated then sack him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Just when you thought this club couldn't possibly get any worse, they're about to sack a manager after about 5 months and replace him with Nigel ***** Pearson or some shit. Aston Villa FC has to be the cruelest joke in history at this point.

Sticking with a manager who has won 2 in 20 would be just as bad IMO. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Absolute rubbish. Garde is going and it is pointless discussing his merits or otherwise but the 'destruction' and damage was caused long before he ever arrived

I have to say Mike this debate is interesting how the pro Garde group want to quickly abandon him to the history books......Despite the certainty that existed in their appraisal of him.

Remi Garde had a thankless job, no doubt about that, he also had a gentlemanly demeanor which endeared him to some fans, but his affect and it may not be his fault was miniscule to say the least.

It is now convenient to dismiss his existence as if it never happened, yet still some fans still want  to take a chunk out of Tim Sherwood when his name gets raised.

I have no idea, who will turn this around, I have a hunch, but thats all it is......No other fan knows either who will pull us out of this mess.

To dismiss speculated names out of hand can only be personal in my book, because no one has any idea who will fix this Jose Mourinho would not be nailed on to fix it....no doubt some would have an issue there too.

We all want whats best to turn the team around and no one knows who that is, but lets not make mileage out of the ones we don't like......when some of those names COULD be the ones to turn us around.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Lets just imagine, Remi does go and Nigel gets the job.

Nigel then makes an acceptable fist of it and we start to claw our credibilty back.

Lets just suppose for a minute that happens.

.......What are you going to say then?

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Lets just imagine, Remi does go and Nigel gets the job.

Nigel then makes an acceptable fist of it and we start to claw our credibilty back.

Lets just suppose for a minute that happens.

.......What are you going to say then?

I'll embrace it just as I embraced Tim Sherwood when he kept us up and had us playing good football. Doesn't change the fact that it's highly unlikely and that I  think he's a terrible manager and human being based on an existing previous body of evidence. At least with Sherwood the concern was that he had no history and so you couldn't judge either way, despite having reservations.

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Seems logical to me, replacing a shit manager with a slightly less shit manager.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Seems logical to me, replacing a shit manager with a slightly less shit manager.

As long as its not Steve Bruce, i dont give a hoot who we give the job to.  No advocating Pearson or anything, just would mean its not Bruce.

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have to say Mike this debate is interesting how the pro Garde group want to quickly abandon him to the history books......Despite the certainty that existed in their appraisal of him.

Remi Garde had a thankless job, no doubt about that, he also had a gentlemanly demeanor which endeared him to some fans, but his affect and it may not be his fault was miniscule to say the least.

It is now convenient to dismiss his existence as if it never happened, yet still some fans still want  to take a chunk out of Tim Sherwood when his name gets raised.

I have no idea, who will turn this around, I have a hunch, but thats all it is......No other fan knows either who will pull us out of this mess.

To dismiss speculated names out of hand can only be personal in my book, because no one has any idea who will fix this Jose Mourinho would not be nailed on to fix it....no doubt some would have an issue there too.

We all want whats best to turn the team around and no one knows who that is, but lets not make mileage out of the ones we don't like......when some of those names COULD be the ones to turn us around.

While the 'debate is interesting' I also think it is now frankly pointless or maybe people are trying to still score points?

I personally don't give a damn about who was right or wrong about Garde, Sherwood any of the other previous managers.

The reality of the here and now is that we need a manager who will turn us round, get us back to the Premier League and keep us there. I know who I do NOT want and stick by my dislike and opposition to the likes of Pearson or Bruce. If you think that is 'out of hand' fine but that's my personal opinion and I don't want either anywhere near AVFC and will not be persuaded otherwise. Hopefully the powers that be will not go down either route but if they do they lose two season ticket holders for next season. 

Â